Chapter Eighteen

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen

Tell me how you feel...

Dara POV

March 15, 2012 (Strong Heart YG Family special)

 

Dara wasn’t planning to say anything about Jiyong on Strong heart when Minzy mentioned that she was planning to do an Xfile on Jiyong but for entertainment purposes she nodded at Minzy that she was okay in sharing her story.

 

It was true though, when they were dating she could never live down the fact that she had mentioned that he was her ideal type but now that they are broken up it seemed worse. Every time a guy would declare that Park Sandara is their ideal type, (that for some reason it’s always Jiyong that would hear about it first as if he had a radar for something like that.) He would always say, ‘Well as your ideal type I don’t think he is right for you, He is nothing like me’ as if she would even date them. He did become a narcissistic prince, though he does it to be funny but to her it’s annoying because he is hinting out he’s jealous.

 

 

Throughout the whole show, they were picking on Dara the first half of the show, it started off with Seungri’s talk about how he is Dara’s cupid when it reality, sure he introduced Dara to people but that was waaaay before she had started dating Jiyong in 2009. He may have introduced the third guy to her after the break-up of Jiyong and Dara but actually Seungri had nothing to do with it other than mentioning that Dara was single since a lot of the idols knows whose dating in the industry without needing it to spread around like gossips.

 

Dara tried to ignore the young idol but he was very persistent and she, herself wasn’t ready to entertain anyone just yet. It was raining that night she wasn’t expecting him to be there when he said he was coming by, so when she heard the day after that he was there all night. She had felt very terrible and let the guy down easy saying that she was in no position to take suitors.

 

 

(a/n my delulu mind... glance at over where Daeusng is looking as soon as seungri said 3rd guy... as if he's trying to see how GD is going to react. Not once did they show GD on this talk... maybe he's pissed hahahah)

 

Then to make matters worse if they were picking on Dara about her hidden dating stories it actually meant that they were ganging up on Jiyong and not really her. She wanted to punch Se7en because of how he was making up stories that she would be asking how these guys are. Never once has she asked him about guys, and truth of it all its Bom that asks him about what he thinks about the guys that are asking her out on a date not Dara but she went ahead and just played along, saying the exact lines Se7en and Bommie would have.

 

 

 

She can feel the hair on the back of her neck standing up as she pretends to put a smile on her face. She didn’t need to look at her culprit, the fact that she could feel it on the left side, it’s obvious that her Jiyong, who now turned into a jealous ex-boyfriend and not her friend, was certainly not happy about the stories he is hearing that he had no idea of. And as if she was feeding the anger of the Dragon she replied to Lee Seungi’s question about who she wanted to date once her dating ban would be lifted, She said she likes Wonbin.

 

It also didn’t help that when Chaerin started to speak up it was in a way to get the already G-dragon burning in anger. It was as if the whole YG family had made it to a point to piss off the dragon today. Like they are trying to prove something to him.

 

She turned toward Chaerin and glared at her leader. For a leader, who is supposed to protect the image of the group her she is telling everyone with her boyfriend sitting next to Chaerin about the fact she and Bom would sneak out at night to play. It happened a lot more lately than it did the past couple years.

 

 

Chaerin just gave out a sly smile as her eyes glanced over to Bigbang’s leader, who is just frozen to his spot he was hugging on that pillow tightly than he should possibly trying his best to control his temper. This Strong Heart episode is certainly a mission for something and she isn’t sure for what. She hoped it wasn’t anything to do with the fact that most people in this room wants them back together and thought that doing this would make Jiyong realize something.... But what they don’t know is that they are making the situation worse...

 

 

Later that night they were celebrating for a successful first YG family variety show together. Well of course a party was not really necessary but Psy-oppa said it was a good way to start the New Year. So the night ended to where almost everyone in the YG family was at one of the clubs YG-sajangnim exclusively owns everyone partied their hearts out except for two individuals.

 

Jiyong who was sulking in the corner drinking not joining the dancing while Dara was just pretending to have fun but really she was looking at him hesitating if she should go up to him or not. She knows the reason why he is acting like that and she felt slightly guilty. Slightly because she doesn’t really need to tell him everything going on with her life when they are already broken up. Plus the fact that Bom refused to let go of her arm and Chaerin was standing directly in front of Dara so she wouldn’t try to escape.

 

“Seriously, let him act like a dark gloomy prince. Stop checking up on him. He is an adult.” Bom finally spoke up after an hour of just watching Dara looking over her shoulder checking on Jiyong. He had finally gotten company, Se7en and Gummy sat down drinking with him at least there is a smile on his face now, though it looks rather forced.

 

Dara sighs, “What were you guys doing at the show today?” She had worded put what she had been afraid to ask all night.

 

Bom just raised an eyebrow not in the mood to answer the question. She just rolled her eyes and turns to find Minzy who was dancing with Seungri, Daesung and one of the female dancers of YG.

 

“Okay....” Dara felt abandoned then she looks over to Chaerin who looked like she cornered to something she didn’t want to be stuck or something, “What about you oh great leader... Why on earth did you say that Bom and I sneak out at night?” Dara demanded.

 

Chaerin laughs, “Because it’s the truth.”

 

Dara clears . Well yeah she knows that, but Jiyong doesn’t. “I know it for entertainment but you could have said it in some other show where Jiyong isn’t just sitting right there. I could have at least warned him or something.”

 

Chaerin’s face soured, she looks over towards Jiyong who had Youngbae punching at his arm playfully. “That’s the point unnie. You aren’t in anyway obligated to Jiyong-oppa. You’ve been broken up for about six months now. If he decides to act like an idiot because he is jealous and is overprotective of you let him but you don’t need to explain yourself. He isn’t your boyfriend anymore.”

 

Dara couldn’t believe what she is hearing. When it comes to Jiyong and Dara, he could always count on Chaerin to be on his side since Bom is on hers. So hearing that Chaerin is definitely saying all this as if she isn’t approving of her oppa’s action just left her speechless for a few seconds.

 

Chaerin could see this the thoughts in Dara’s expression as if she was saying it out loud and she sighed, “You two just have to decide whether you want to be together or not. That in between thing that you call friendship? Eventually someone would get hurt.” Chaerin saw that Dara was about to say something and the girls have heard it too many times before so she beat her to it. “Unnie, you either tell Jiyong-oppa you want to be with him or keep waiting till he finds himself but other than that if you are just friends then stay that way.”

 

Dara just blinks. These are the times she does count so much on Chaerin and not just being 2NE1’s leader but as someone who is far too wise for her age. She was thankful that her girls aren’t afraid to tell her the truth and never sugar coat it. “Since when did you become such an expert relationships? Don’t tell me you’re secretly dating without telling me?”

 

Chaerin rolls her eyes, “Like you told me about yours, you had to wait till YG-sajangnim figured out about you and Jiyong-oppa before you officially told us, and holding hands in the practice room doesn’t count as telling us.”

 

Dara pinched the bridge of her nose, she knows the girls are still not happy about the fact that she hid her relationship with Jiyong from them for five months. Bom knew about them in 2 months into their relationship but Minzy and Chaerin didn’t officially hear from Dara the same day YG-sajangnim found out about the couple. So if she decided that the next time she dates they will be the first one to know. “Aigoo… how many times do I have to apologize for that?”

 

Chaerin just looks at her thinking about it. Then she grabs her wrist, “Probably fifteen years.” She joked around. “Come let’s go to the Kwons that I like for now.” Chaerin added as she drags Dara to where Bom and Minzy are at. With them is Seungri, the Kwon twins and Hanbyul.

 

On the table has a bunch of shots, Bom then hands one to Chaerin. She looks over towards Dara, “So did you keep her mind straight yet?” She was talking to Chaerin but her eyes were on Dara. She was hesitant to give Dara a shot.

 

“For now.” Chaerin responds as she accepted the shot from Bom.

 

“Yes, she did. Now next time stop ganging up on me on shows.” Dara said as she narrowed her eyes at Bom. She also took the shot that Bom always waived in her face.

 

“Maybe.” Bom said as she also handed one to Minzy who accepted it without hesitation.

 

“No!” Dara and Minzy said in unison as they both reached out at the alcohol that the maknae is holding quickly taking it away from her.

 

Dara was glaring at Bom disappointedly who just shrugged innocently.

 

“I waited till I was 20. So will you.” Chaerin said. She drinks the extra shot that she was holding then gives Minzy the empty glass. “Here.”

 

Minzy blankly stares at the glass then to Chaerin in disbelief that she was just given an empty glass.

 

Chaerin raises her glass and also Minzy’s hand up as a cheers. “Alright girls. Let’s have a great night!”

 

Minzy, Bom and Dara made a whoo noise and then clinked their glasses together, “Nolza!” they chanted before the three girls with alcohol in their glasses finished their shot.

 

 

June 25, 2012

The girl’s stylist was at their room. She was trying out new styles for the girls for their upcoming comeback and their MV shoot in two days. The girls were so excited talking about what they should try out or if the photos they saw would fit them perfectly.

 

“I know I just want my hair to be strawberry blonde!” Bom said excitedly.

 

“That’s still red hair. That’s not much of a change.” Chaerin teased.

 

Bom stuck her tongue out at Chaerin and crossed her arms across her chest. “I like red. Red looks good on me.”

 

The stylist smiles because that’s the only color Bom does lately. Any shade of red, “That’s okay. We’ll figure it out.” then she walks over towards Chaerin who was picking out photos on her mobile phone. “What do you have in mind Chaerin?”

 

“Guys, Jiyong leaving for Japan like right now. He was asking if he can come by later.” Dara asked the girls since before the boys had left for their Alive World Tour in Japan they had demanded Jiyong to bring them something from Japan. And since Jiyong always keeps his promise he wanted to give them the presents.

 

“As long as he has something for me, then sure.” Bom said as she sat next to Dara. “Do you know what you want done yet?”

 

Dara shrugs after she responded to Jiyong’s text. “You know me I usually don’t care. I always get the weird ones...”

 

“That’s because you always look amazing in anything you decide to do.” Minzy complimented Dara.

 

“Oh wow, Chaerin that looks really cool. Very fierce.” The stylist said as Chaerin finally chose the hairstyle she wanted.

 

“Ohh what is it?” Dara asked as she walks over towards Chaerin to look through the leader’s shoulder to see that the hair style the leader had picked was this half shaven with long hair. Sort of like Jiyong’s in 2008 during Haru-Haru promotions but not as weird looking. It actually looks really cool.  “Wow, you are so going to look y!”

 

Chaerin swallows hard as if she was hesitating about it. Then she smiled all of a sudden looked up at Dara, “I am probably not going to look y, but if you’d end up having it. You might look y. Any hairstyle you do… you’d still look amazing wifey.”

 

Dara stares at the photo and her heart jumped off her chest nervously. She wasn’t sure if she was brave enough to do that. She remembered when she first saw Jiyong with the same hair style and she almost laughed at him because he was complaining how he hated it but he just had to get through it. She bit her bottom lip. “You’ll look good I promise.” She hugs Chaerin at her neck.

 

“You ready to go girls?” Their manager’s head popped into the door way to drive the girls to the salon.

 

“We sure are!” The girls but Chaerin said enthusiastically.

 

When they got to the hair salon. Minzy and Bom was only going for different hair colors so they don’t have much done. The hair stylist was still trying to figure out what she’s doing with Dara’s hair. Dara already had hair extensions from their Japan travels so can do anything about now. “I am excited I want a new style about now.” Dara said excitedly. She always loved the reactions blackjacks get when they see her new style and how different she looks.

 

“I can’t do it!” Chaerin squeals all girlish like all of a sudden. She was standing up and had her arms up in the air as if she was having a panic attack.

 

Dara looks over and one of the stylist assigned to Chaerin was holding a hair clipper ready to do the style that she was willing to do not five seconds ago. “Husband?” Dara stands up to walk over to Chaerin.

 

The main stylist walks over to Chaerin and says, “We already promised a y yet fierce look. This is going to be okay Chaerin, You just have a long hair that’s why it’s hard.”

 

Chaerin shakes her head, “Who am I kidding? If I do this I will look more fierce and a man than y. I can’t pull that off. I don’t have a pretty face.” Then she looks at Dara and walks over towards her wifey, “Unnie… You’d look incredible if you do this. You can pull off y and fierce. I might end up scaring everyone.”

 

Dara swallowed as she recalls what that hair style was. She had gotten so nervous seeing it the first time. “I-I” Dara stuttered not knowing what to say.

 

Chaerin nods to herself as if she was making some sort of agreement to herself that she can talk Dara, she was prepared for this, prepared for a shocking style. “Unnie, I know its nerve wrecking but you will so look three thousand times better than me.” She squeezed Dara’s arm encouragingly.

 

Dara thinks about it, it’s not like it’s the first time she’d do a shocking enough decision about her hair anyway. She was actually ready for it but she certainly wasn’t expecting this. She closes her eyes imagining herself and what people would say. It would definitely be a buzz, it’ll help raise up 2NE1 for their talked about comeback. She smiles at Chaerin and nods afraid to say anything.

 

Chaerin notices Dara’s hesitation and she shook her head feeling bad. “If you don’t want to unnie it’s okay.”

 

Dara then spoke up rather quickly, “No! It’s okay. I’ll do it.” She said enthusiastically and she sat down where Chaerin was sitting on two minutes ago. “Let’s do this,” Dara said trying to sound brave hoping to get this done soon enough before she’d change her mind…

 

“Okay Dara-shii.” The Stylist said as she started the hair buzzer.

 

As soon as that razor hit her hair, time had paused and she swears she could hear her hair drop like it was a large boulder hitting the ground on a landslide. A second later she out not remembering anything anymore as she traumatized by the decision she just made about her hair.

 

The drive back to the hostel was so quiet and tense. No one spoke a word as the girls can see the emotional breakdown that Dara is slowly having. Chaerin and Bom already had a small fight as soon as Bom woke up from her nap after waiting for her hair to get done. Bom saw Dara’s watery eyes with half her hair on the ground. If Bom was awake there was no way on earth Dara would have had her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter