Chapter Ten

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

His Story

Jay Park POV

(A/N: Jay Park debuted with 2pm in September 2008, and was a trainee for 4 years so for the sake of the story let's just assume that Jay Park came to Korea around the same time Dara first did in late 2004... We already know (or for those who doesnt know) that Jay struggled in Korea the first time he arrived because he spoke very little korean since he grew up in Seattle, thus being called the Seattle Leader. He also didn't have many friends, because he was training to be in a different group and not for One Day (the group that was a merge of 2am and 2pm). Sooooooo Let me turn on my Jay Park playlist as i start writing this chapter... Okay you ready Jay park lovers?)

 

 

November 30, 2004

 

Jay Park was walking around Seoul at midnight searching for food. He may have just gotten here in Korea six weeks ago but his timezone is still messed up and he still jetlagged. So instead of sleeping right now, he is wide awake which was pissing him off. He also just started his trainee life on JYP entertainment last week so he already switched to Korean time but since he started training the stress, no sleep and till dawn practices messed it up again.

 

So here he is, wandering around the streets of this big city trying to figure out what to do, he was used to walking around this late in a big city so he isn't scared or anything. The only difference is he's not alone in Seattle since he and his crew would go around Seattle acting like they own the city, cruising around or dancing on the streets catching people's attentions. But now, is the first time that he feels that he is indeed a 17 year old (18 in korean age, he needs to remember that) alone in this big city that could probably swallow him whole because he can't understand the people in this country as much as he wanted to. He was mad at his parents for not teaching him to speak hangul but mostly upset at himself for not trying.

 

It also didn't help that he is wide awake for almost fifteen hours now so he is positive his Korean is going to sound funny. He hated the looks of people when he starts stuttering in when he speaks Hangul. He is very diligent in reading the Korean books and dictionary but there are times when those vocabulary he seemed to memorizes and familiarize doesn't sound right to Koreans. He isn't a fan of his roommates either. He thinks they talk about him behind his back. He wished he was roommates with Nichkhun and Ok Taeyceon, he wouldn't have to worry about speaking Hangul. But the CEO has a point in rooming him with his current roommates so he'd at least be more conversational and familiar with the language.

 

In all honesty, he doesn't really know why he's walking around this late. He felt suffocated in his room and felt that the big city was more of his comfort reminding him of home. And he got hungry so it seemed like a good idea to walk around, but he only has twenty dollars to his name which is about 23 thousand won close to 24. So he couldn't buy much since he has to live with this money for the next few weeks. He didn't want to bother his parents for money until he really needs it. He wants to make it on his own as much as possible since he was all for moving here as soon as he got accepted to train with JYPE.

 

He straightens his sweatshirt, glad of the cold weather. It reminded him so much of home. Though Seattle is much colder and wet around these times. Speaking of home, he was all of a sudden craved for Cafe Americano. He remembered seeing a coffee shop not too far from here. So he turned around heading to the direction of the coffee place.

 

 

He was staring at the menu on the coffee shop and cursed. He was far too exhausted to even try to read Hangul. He knew what he wanted, so he just said in English, "Caffe Americano." To the barista. (AN bold is English)

 

The barista just stared at him blankly, not understanding what he had said. It was around that time in Korea where most of the workers are usually not familiar with the English language.

 

"Damn it." he cursed. He tried to remember Korean but to no avail. What coffee place did he just enter? Maybe he should keep walking and find Starbucks or something.

 

"Coffee black, with sugar and cream?" He asked but he was sure he didn't say sugar right because the barista just smirked at him. Come to think of it Jay was sure he said something else and not sugar. He was sure he said soup pie

 

"Foreigner speak no Korean... Time don’t i have." The barista mumbled and those were the only words Jay understood the guy was still mumbling.

 

Jay frowned. He had no trouble understanding Korean sometimes but speaking it is always hard for him. "Well up yours, buddy," he cussed at the guy with a smile on his face.

 

He heard a small giggle behind him which got him more frustrated. He rubbed the bridge of his nose and backed to the side. He'll have her go first and just order what she's having as a last resort.

 

On the corner of his eyes, he can see a petite girl probably his age or younger step forward. She was wearing a thick jacket as if she wasn't used to the brisk cold weather outside which was odd because most Koreans wouldn't wear this thick of a jacket around this time yet since but it's not that cold. He thought she was a foreigner as well, but she spoke fluent Korean when she ordered a choco drink and what he had wanted to order, which he was secretly thankful for so now he knows what to say.

 

When she was done ordering she turned towards him with a smile, and spoke in English to him, "If you don't mind paying for the coffee I ordered for you. I didn't bring enough money to pay for yours." She had a slight accent but at least he can understand her.

 

He widened his eyes and nods instantly reaching for his wallet, "Of course. Yes. Thank you." He stuttered. "How much do I owe you?"

 

She bit her lip stopping herself from laughing, "I really don't think it's appropriate to do that here."

 

"Oh, god. Have i completely forgotten my Korean?" He moaned desperately. He wasn't sure what he said but from the look of her expression and the barista shaking his head calling him crazy, he had said the wrong thing again. It didn't help that this petite girl was so adorable. she's making him flustered. "I mean how much do i owe you?"

 

"Just 500 won." She said lightly as she also paid her drink to the barista.

 

He handed her 500 won not really wanting to deal with the barista anymore. "Thank you."

 

She stares at the money and gives it to the barista also, "I could probably have upped the price and make you run for your money," She teased.

 

He shrugged and scratched the back of his head, "And I'd probably be gullible enough to believe it." He smiled.

 

She just nods probably realizing she just made an inappropriate joke to a person she's never met before. She goes to the end of the counter waiting for her drink. He couldn't help but stare at her, usually when he's in Seattle he always has ways to get girls flustered and not the other way around. It felt weird to him that a girl did that. Even in JYP when he'd talk to the girl trainees he's still smooth even though his Korean is bad, plus the girls also love to hear him speak English. This was the first time a girl made him feel like this, it got him more curious.

 

He got disappointed when she had gotten her drink already and she was headed to leave, she smiled at him. "Have a good night." She said and she smelled her steamy cup, she had this smile on her face that made his heart stop.

 

What he did next shocked him when his drink was also ready. He grabbed his cup wordlessly and went after her. "Wait," he called after her when she was already a few steps away from the shop.

 

She turns around curious at who called her when she saw it was him, her eyebrows met curiously. "Yes?" She asked.

 

"I normally don't do this but my name is Park Jaebeom." He introduced himself and put an arm out for a handshake. He knows that it's not Korean way to do a handshake but he is positive she didn't grow up in Korea like he did.

 

"Sure you don't." She mumbled loud enough and she took a sip from her cup.

 

Now he is more confused, "Neh?"

 

She grins and looks at his outstretched arm, "Sure you don't randomly introduce yourself to women in strange times of the day." Now it is apparent that she has a Korean accent when she speaks English but the way she's dressed screams that she's not from Korea either or haven’t been back to Korea in years to be used to the late autumn weather.

 

He grins and this is where he realized he likes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter