I'm back

LOVE and PAIN...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 YEAR LATER

 

DARA’S POV

 

     Its still 15 minutes before we arrive in Korea. Uncle called me a week ago and told me that I need to go back to Korea, asap. And now, here I am sitting in a plane, going back to my homeland, a place where I left everything behind, my friends, my family, most of all, my career. 

 

     It’s been a year since I ran away and left Korea. That time, I wanted to forget everything that happened so I went to New York.  I decided to stay there and start a new life as a normal person. But, I’m still the Dara Park of 2ne1, some people still recognized me. When fans saw me, they will ask for an autograph and a picture with me. But I refused every time they asked for a picture because I don’t want to be seen. I still want to hide myself to everyone that time. But there are still photos of me that are spreading online. Just then I realized that it’s really hard to be an artist or a singer, because you can’t have your private life back.

     My first month in New York was very difficult for me. It’s a new environment and I need to adjust… and of course I’m still a hot issue around Korea so I have to be careful. But as time goes by, the issue about me had cool down… and I can safely go out with my assistant with me… I tried and experience so many things during my stay in New York. I gained a lot of friends which are foreigners who’s not interested in kpop, so obviously they have no idea of who I am…

 

     Of course, even if I’m away, I’m still updated about what’s happening in Korea, and in my company’s groups especially 2ne1… I always watched their performances in you tube.. I miss them very much especially my best friend, Bom. I haven’t called her since I left Korea, so I’m pretty sure she’s mad at me.

 

     Living in New York helped me to forget the pain that I’ve been feeling. I admit that I’m not yet completely move on about the incident that happened 1 year ago and the pain is still there. But I’m hoping that time will come that the wound that they gave me would heal….

 

     Thinking the memories of the past makes me sad, but what can I do, it happened already….. If only I could turn back time, but I know it’s impossible

     I glance at the person beside me who is sleeping peacefully. I smiled while looking at him…. YES….. Him…. I even asked myself how did we became friends, as far as I remember I’m very awkward when it comes to boys… funny isn’t it…… actually, I met him years ago in Korea. He so popular in Korea. We collaborated in a certain project, and that’s it… after that we didn’t meet again nor talk to each other…. But 6 months ago, we accidentally met again in New York, and that’s the start of our friendship. I’m very thankful to him because he’s the one who save me from my misery. He’s there when I needed a friend, if he’s in Korea he will book a flight going to New York if he heard me crying on the phone. He always checks on me… he’s really a good friend that made me accept him as my boy best friend in a short time…of course I told him about the incident that happened 1 year ago, and that time he really comforted me.. I’m really lucky to have him. He’s a fallen angel for me, but because of his eyes and devil aura I called him “devs” short for devil….. Like me his eyes is also expressive…. He’s really kind. When he found out that I’ll be coming back in Korea, he volunteered to fetch me and accompany me going back to Korea…. without him I don’t know what will happen to me. He helped me to change and to become a new Sandara Park……

 

     “Staring is rude you know…” I heard him say. He opened his eyes and stared at me…

 

     “So, you’re awake, huh?” I said raising a brow

 

    He smiled at me…. “So, what’s wrong?” he asked me

 

     I frowned at him…..

 

     “What are you thinking a while ago?” he asked me again

 

     “Nothing…” I lied…

 

     His smile faded away…. “Are you nervous?”

 

     “Nervous for what?” I asked

 

     “Are you nervous to see them?” he asked…..

 

     Nervous?... actually it’s a mixed feeling, nervous and excitement…. Excited because I’m going to see my family and friends again.. Nervous because I’m going to face the two persons who betrayed me…. to be honest I’m not yet ready to face them. Deep inside me, I still hate both of them..

 

     “Dara…” he called out, breaking my thoughts

 

     I just looked at him without saying a word…

 

     He sighed… “Dara, tell me the truth, are you ready to face them?” he asked me again. I know he’s worried about me

 

     I give him a sad smile…. “Ready or not I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter