Chapter 38

New chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sonya's P.O.V:

 

Meanwhile I was at the art gallery trying to help Yongguk out but for some reason we only keep on arguing about silly things, well, I started it when a female staff was being a little too close to MY man and HE wasn't even doing anything to keep his distance. DAMN his love for his art!!! Just because she's good at her job doesn't mean she can be all comfy with him. And me being me, I couldn't hold it in and didn't fail to voice out my dislike for the said woman but what infuriated me the most was that he said that I was being unprofessional! So I let it slide not wanting to quarrel with him more. I decided to go see Atta and play around with Yong Soo, I went to get my bag from the office of the art gallery and left while giving one last glance to Yongguk and the blond , she gave me a triumphant look;  any woman can understand what that look meant  but apparently men were either dumb to not see it or they're enjoying it too much. I stormed out and called Atta, her voice seemed off over the phone but I thought maybe I was imagining things since I am mad as hell, lucky for me she was in a coffee shop few minutes away by car.

I got there in lighting speed, I really needed to rant about this to someone or I might explode but upon arriving, I saw Yong Soo happily munching on a cake then I noticed that she wasn't alone and the man with her seemed oddly familiar. *Jaejoong!* I thought surprised while making my way toward their table, the atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I fake coughed to grab their attention Jaejoong got up greeting me and left after telling Atta to think about "it".

I gave him a quizzical look and sat down across from her, too many were emotions running through her face and finally she looked at me.

- Thank you for noticing me at last!! Why were you on your own cloud!! Care telling me what he was doing here with you!! What does he want!!

- woah!! woah slow down!! One question at a time!!

- Finally you seem to have gained your composure, you seemed dazed not a minute ago, he still affect you just like the first time you saw him…

- WHAT! No!! It’s just!! emm.. It’s because I... wasn't expecting to see him again and here at that time!

- is that so? I said narrowing my eyes not really believing her bull.

-okay okay that's only part of it!! Happy now! She admitted while rolling her eyes at me.

- yes very!! So...??? I ask waiting for her to spill the beans.

- We met at the park while I was playing with Yong Soo, for a second he thought he was mine...

I snorted at that and she continued.

- Then when I told him he was your son he asked me to have some coffee with him and here i am…

- na uh!! No!! That can't be all of it!!

She just glared at me and said

- To make it shortly he asked me for a second chance…

- see! That’s so much better!! How does it feel to be a little more honest about it!! You’re not dead now are you??

- okaay! What about you!! You are overly sarcastic.

At that moment Yong Soo finished eating messily his cake and started yawning asking for me to pick him up.

- How about we take this little munchkin home to sleep and I tell you on the way

- Sure

we exited the café and made our way to my car but instead of heading to my house I went to Atta’s, she was puzzled at first but didn't say a thing since Yong Soo wasn't fully asleep and I might be bad at using my filter when I am mad, we don't want a 3 year old innocent boy to hear a few ... maybe a lot of cursing.

Upon reaching her penthouse, I tucked Yong Soo in his room. (Atta has made  a room just for him since he would pester me for hours to let him stay at his auntie's) and closed the door behind me. I made myself comfortable in the living room and Atta went to fetch us some drinks, I took a deep breath and started my ranting, Atta already knew that I didn't like this new assistant of his.

- Before you say the “you're jealous” thing, I am admitting it from the start, I am hella jealous. But why can't he freaking see that she is being too close to him, she's practically screaming it for him to have her then and there and he's acting all clueless then he goes like you are being unprofessional!!! Does that even make sense!! Me being unprofessional!! Why can't he say that to her!! But no! He is clearly enjoying that!! He wants to drive me mad and enjoy his ing time with her!! I swear if she ever crosses her line the next time I see her, I am so tearing her apart before ripping his balls off!!!

I finished while panting like I had ran a marathon, Atta was shocked for a moment the recovered quickly.

- wow you really are jeal…

I glared at her before she even finishes her sentence, so she just cleared and said

- don't be like that, you seem hot blooded unlike usual, if it were you from few years ago, you would have flipped her off long time ago.

- you are right, I should start thinking more rationally, I said while sitting down, I got up in the middle of my ranting, I didn't even notice I was THAT worked up.

- That’s the right thing to do

We sat in a moment of silence while sipping on our drinks then I broke the ice.

- So ... umm... are you going to give him a chance??

- I dunno. She sighed.

- Why not!! Despite your many tries to get over him, you still couldn't, so why do this to yourself!! Give him and yourself a chance to be happy. Plus this time if he ever does anything you could always step over him, you have all the power to do that.

- Maybe you are right…

- No I am always right. I said while grinning. So hurry up and call him for a date!! What are you waiting for and you better dress up a little bit, you've been dressing yourself like a 30 year old something. I said teasingly.

She just smiled grabbed her phone and headed to her room, she came back moments later a huge grin on her face and I smiled back

- He asked me to for dinner, tonight!

- Wow he's moving fast, hopefully everything would turn out for the best. you have to let the past be in the past, it may hurt some times but it will hurt more when you think about it so try to keep your sight on your present and future that's the only way that would hurt less and maybe someday it will turn out to a dull ache that you'd feel once in a while.

- thanks…

- don't turn all mushy on me and move your we gotta find you the perfect outfit for your dinner date.

We spent the next few hours finding the right outfit then once we settled for a simple black dress that went on mid-thigh and had a cute heart shape in the back, she matched it with red stilettos and small red purse, I did her hair and makeup and she was ready to go, she was all antsy that he might not come and some other , thank god he came before she blew my head off.

I decided that it was time for me to go back since I cooled down a bit, I should seriously start controlling my over jealousy, maybe I should stop going to the art gallery for a while to let him have his job space for himself, I guess being together 24/7 may be a little over bearing. I woke Yong Soo up, he strangely slept throughout the whole after noon, maybe he was too exhausted from playing around most of the day.

After reaching home I find out that Yongguk still haven't come back yet, I was about to call him when he beat me to that.

- Hey babe, he says his tone a little unsure.

- hey, you coming home, shall I prepare dinner?? I ask.

- umm, no, actually I called to tell you that I need to stay back at the gallery, there were a few misplacing mistakes and you know that the gallery is going to open up to the public soon, I want everything to be perfect.

I just sighed.

- Sure, I completely understand, you better get yourself something to eat, don’t over work yourself; I don't want to collapse or anything okay??

- Of course honey, and as for dinner, Victoria went to bring some take out.

I felt my anger spike but I didn't want to fight over such a silly matter.

- Okay then, I wouldn't want to hold you back, just take care arrasseo!!

- Hmm arrasseo.

He hung up after that my mind was working on full speed imagining stupid scenarios but that all went flying out of the window when Yong Soo tugged my shirt asking for food, I quickly fixed us some food and then put some kids’ movie and watched it with him. He fell asleep in the middle of it. I carried him and put him to bed before heading to run a much needed bath to relax .

 

Meanwhile in some French fancy restaurant:

Jaejoong was being a gentleman and was showing Atta that chivalry is still not dead, guess he was all set to win her back, from opening her car door to pulling her chair not to mention how extravagantly romantic the atmosphere of the restaurant was, flowers and candles were everywhere, the music played in the background was the tiny plus to make anyone swoon.

He ordered for them both and was talking about various topics despite his attempt to not show it and avoid the matter in their past. Atta could easily make out his nervous glances toward her, after all she knew him all too well. So she just played it along and smiled waiting for him to make the 1st attempt to talk about it, they finished eating the main course and were eating some desserts well more like Atta wanted some desserts adding to her patience wearing thin, she knew they couldn't easily put everything behind them without talking about it, so while eating her chocolate cake she asked.

- Aren't going to talk about it? You know full well that if we don't sort it out we cannot move on right??

- I know. He sighed. It’s just that I didn't know how to talk about it without spoiling our dinner; I liked how we were eating and talking like old times although the feeling may be a little bit different from then!! He gave out yet another sigh.

- Well then, let me have the honor to start this talk.

- Hmm sure…

- First of all, I want to say that you were the biggest coward I’ve ever encountered in my whole life!!! How could you do something like that!! Marriage for god's sake!! Who still gets into arranged marriages in the 21st century, you've been living your life like however you wanted to and when it came to that, you went on with your father's words. Did I mean so little to you that compared to your company you'd choose it over me without putting up a good fight!! I was beyond heartbroken yet again just when I fell really hard for you and trusted you wholeheartedly; you had to stab me in the back like that!! I should have listened to Sonya when she warned me about you at first place; no better yet I should have let her skin you alive. And you know what angered me the most... it is the fact that despite all that, I still loved you, each time I try to move on, I fall right back to square one, I cherished every little happy memory we've had and comparing it with what you've done its just...

By now Atta’s tears were streaming down her cheeks like water falls, she couldn't hold back the sob that threatened to come out any more, Jaejoong was silent the whole time, he knew he wronged her, he knew he was the cause of her misery but this was all beyond how he had imagined it, he never thought she thought that way about him even after all this time and that fact was only adding to his guilt.

- saying sorry now won't change anything, and it would never be enough, but I can say that I will try my hardes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter