chapter 23

New chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sonya's P.O.V

 

She looked at the building with blurred eyes, since she was still knocked out by whatever they used to make her faint but when her vision became clearer, she noticed that she wasn't alone and not so far away from her were Sohee and two other men in black suits.

She didn’t make out what exactly they were saying but she did understand that they were the ones that had to keep an eye on her.

When one of them turned around to look at her and noticed that she was awake he informed Sohee right away and she turned to Atta with a wicked smile on her face.

- well, well! You’re finally awake!! You sure took your sweet time to wake up, but that is not important anymore, I am going to call your friend here and now and will nicely ask her to convince Mr. Sazio to reconsider doing the deal with my family; that is if you are still valuable to your friend!

Atta was utterly speechless. * the hell does she think she is!! in a damn movie!! * Atta thought to herself, she was about to reject her but then after second thoughts she decided to go along with her and accepted, Sohee felt like she was gaining control and everything was going just like how she planned it to be.

 

Back at home, it was dinner time when Jaejoong showed up unannounced at our apartment, face pale as a ghost, and asking if Atta was there, and when I told him that I didn’t see her since this morning, he started cursing himself for being so reckless and I tried to calm him down to understand what was going on.

I thought at first that they both fought over something like usual and she left that’s why she wasn’t picking up his calls but when he told me that she didn’t show up for classes and that he couldn't seem to be able to contact her all day long, I started to panic as well, I was pacing around the living room trying to figure what might be happening when my phone rang.

I picked it up right away thinking it would be Atta when I was greeted by an annoyingly y voice.

- Hello, my dear Sonya, enjoying your dinner without your friend?? I can sense her smirking over the phone and at that moment everything clicked like a puzzle, she was behind Atta’s disappearance.

- Where is Latifa?? I asked through gritted teeth.

- hahahaha she's right here with me, I am taking good care of her!!

- I swear if you ever harm even a strand of her hair I’ll make you regret it!! I threatened her.

- oh oh, that’s not the right way to speak to me you know!! She said in a mocking tone, Jaejoong seemed confused and so I mouthed ‘Sohee’ and he seemed to get the situation and his eyes became alarmed, as if he knew something.

- so what do you want?? Where the are you?? and what did you do to Latifa?? I bombarded her with questions and trying to rationalize then I remembered that I had put a hacking system in my phone that could track any other devices, it cost me a lot but I wanted to try it out since it was feasible in South Korea and so I slowly put my phone on speaker while carefully opening the application that started scanning through different maps.

- What I want is simple, I want you to get Gabriel to make the deal with our family rather than the Kims and as for where I am and what I did to your friend here is for me to know and for you figure that out!

- if you wanted the deal why not play it fair and let Gabriel decide for himself which deal is best, are you that unconfiden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter