chapter 34

New chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Latifa's P.O.V

 

 

After calming down a bit, they walked to the café. Sonya went in to look for Adam and Yongguk followed her.

-oh! Hyung! Yongguk called when he saw Jaejoong and he went and sat with him while waiting for Sonya.

 

 

-hey, Sonya greeted Adam who was sitting in the second floor with his laptop and papers all over the table, here you go, she handed him the USB flash.

-oh, thanks, he smiled warmly.

-by the way, where is Latifa? I didn’t see her when I came? Don’t tell me she skipped because of Jaejoong? She asked worriedly and he just shrugged saying he doesn’t know.

-she left with Woo bin, TOP said from behind with a plate in his hand.

-ah I see, anyways guys, I’ll see you later, I have to go now, Yongguk must be waiting for me, and she left waving.

 

They left the café after that and again, Sonya failed to escape from Yongguk to go and look for a birthday gift for him.

 

 

Days dragged on so quickly and I called all the guys to tell them about Sonya’s plans for the surprise birthday party, we all agreed to pretend that we forgot about his birthday and that totally worked because the poor kept on asking each of them ‘do they know what is tomorrow’ and his face was really hilarious when he heard them say ‘it’s Friday? Why is there something special?’

Friday morning, Sonya left early and went straight to Yongguk’s apartment where she woke him up and dragged him out with her after eating breakfast quickly.

-yah! Can you at least tell me where are you taking me? He asked annoyed.

-we have a lot of work to do, we are going to the university first to submit our project, then off to shopping, I’m going to chose new wallpaper for the rooms and the living room, then we’ll go back to the house because the furniture is arriving today and you’re gonna help me, she said smiling evilly and he looked really pissed off with that.

He kept on checking his phone waiting for a text message from anyone, his little brother, his closest friends, but he got nothing all day long.

At the café, we decided to work only a morning shift then we’ll close at lunch time to start working for the party.

GD and TOP were at the kitchen baking the cake, some cupcakes and food for dinner.

I was on a ladder hanging birthday banners on the curtains with Woo bin holding my waist so I won’t fall; Adam was wrapping lights and tinsels around the stair case.

Suddenly the door opened and Zelo came in along with a cute looking short girl, Himchan and Jaejoong.

I jerked when I saw him and I almost fell, but Woo bin was faster and caught me.

-I got you! He said wrapping his arms around me and putting me down.

-are you alright! They all ran toward me and I just laughed at my clumsiness and nodded.

-noona! Zelo took me into a bear hug, I’m taller I’ll do it! He said with a wide smile and took what was in my hands.

-yah! Zelo ah! How rude! You should introduce us to your girlfriend first! I shouted hitting him playfully.

-woahh! Noona!! How did you know! He chuckled, Ha Yi, this is Latifa noona, this is Woo bin hyung, and this is Adam hyung, the other hyungs are probably in the kitchen.

-annyeonghaseyo! She greeted bowing, eonni, your boyfriend is super handsome! She said cheerfully.

-bwoh! Oh, he is not my boyfriend! I defended shaking my hands laughing awkwardly.

-I’ll go help the guys in the kitchen, Jaejoong suddenly said and left.

*aish!! Jinja!! What the hell is he doing here!! Who invited him!!*

-sorry, I called him; you know he is a close friend to Yongguk so… Himchan said giving an apologetic smile.

-it’s okay, can you please go and help Ha Yi with the tables? I asked and he nodded.

Each resumed the preparation and I went to blowing balloons, this is gonna be a bit surprising for the theme Sonya chose for the party was cartoon-themed. Balloons were shaped in ‘Tigger’s head and the hats too, and the funny part was that we all had to wear Tigger pajamas.

7PM and everything was ready, just the birthday boy is missing, so I texted Sonya and told her that they can come now.

 

-yah! Sonya! I’m really tired! Can we take a break please!! Yongguk whined for the umpteenth time already.

-yah! Stop nagging, will ya? I still have something else to do, she said dragging him again.

-now what??

-I promised the guys to clean the café today, since I skipped work, they already closed, so let’s go!!

*woaahh!! What an amazing day! Ughh it’s my birthday for god’s sake! And I’m here ‘working out’!* he thought pouting making Sonya chuckle under her breath.

 

The moment they arrived in front of the café, Yongguk stopped and frowned cutely and Sonya laughed out loud and pushed him in.

-Come on!! I’ll treat you something sweet later, she giggled teasing.

The door opened and it was really dark inside, so we all got out of our hiding spots and shouted.

-SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Some of us were emitting some party poppers and other blow in their blowouts while Yongguk just froze in his spot and started blinking rapidly astonished with what he saw.

-happy birthday hyung!! Zelo ran and hugged his brother bringing him back to reality.

-you guys remembered!! And made all of this for me… and I thought… his voice was barely heard as he whispered still shocked.

-of course we did! Actually, we have been preparing for this for weeks now! Zelo answered smiling.

And finally, the birthday boy AKA Bang Yongguk gave out his cute wide gummy smile that spread from ear to ear that almost tore his face in two and hugged each of us thanking us, and the celebration began.

 

We were having fun playing around, drinking fine wine chosen by Himchan, eating delicious food and snacks, we weren’t many but we enjoyed our time together.

Woo bin dragged me to dance with him; Zelo was talking with his brother about Ha Yi when Adam pulled Sonya away and offered her a drink.

-I have something to tell you… he said seriously.

-I’m listening, she smiled softly.

-First, I want to apologize, Sonya, I’m really sorry.

-why are you apologizing? She gave him a confused look.

-because when I first came here, all I wanted was to avenge my brother, my parents kept on telling that he died because of you and your family, I didn’t know what you’ve been through, your loss was big and your misery was bigger, I saw how you’re struggling to have a decen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter