chapter 13

New chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sonya's P.O.V

 

Lunch was mighty fine with Jaejoong's father that sincerely apologized to Latifa and was all smiley around her, of course after Jaejoong's confession, Atta is officially his and his father had of course approved of her.

 

Later on that day, I met Atta back home when she came to get her things, we talked about all these events happening to us and she told me that she was going to live with Jaejoong for good this time.

I was in awe at how their relationship was moving fast but yet I was happy for her, my friend had finally found someone willing to treasure her, so we decided to have dinner together at our apartment before she had left.

 

For New Year’s Eve, Jaejoong's parents organized a family/friends dinner party, so there were mainly Jaejoong’s parents, and Yongguk's family considering their long friendship over the years and me and Atta were also invited along with Kris' family.

So here we were all gathered at the dinner table. I was very noisy with Zelo but when one of the elders spoke, we shut up immediately and listen to them, they were speaking about business and I was commenting here and there unconsciously on their subjects, they were left in awe and then Yongguk's father spoke.

- aren't you studying art with my son??

- I am! I didn’t get his point at first but seeing how everyone was looking at me I added, oh well, I… I got a degree in business English back in my country, I said shyly.

They seemed surprised so I further added, Latifa did too! But she just wanted to study it some more so that’s why she chose to continue studying here, I said feeling a little bit awkward having all the eyes on me.

- is that so, that’s good… wanting to further get more knowledge… Jaejoong's father was nodding his head approvingly and they went to chat about random things again, but Yongguk's face looked hard as if he's deep in his thoughts and was playing with his food so I nudged him to get his attention.

- What’s wrong?? I asked.

- Nothing… but seeing how I looked at him not believing his bull, he sighed, it’s just that I didn't know about you already having a degree and I just realized that I know nothing about you and yet I was claiming to be… your friend!

So I smiled warmly at him.

- it's okay, after all you wouldn't have known if you've never asked and I am not the kind of person who talks freely about her life, even among friends unless they ask me it won't exactly cross my mind to talk about it… so you don’t have to be feeling down just for that, right Zelo? I asked as I noticed that Zelo was listening carefully to our conversation.

- huh?? Oh yeah! You’re right noona!

- then where does both of you come from dear? I just realized that I never asked this even when I met you before, Jaejoong's mom asked Atta.

- We’re from Tunisia! She replied though there's a high chance they may not know it, and from that one question, the elders started bombarding us with more questions, and I felt like I was being investigated by the police.

- How many brothers and sisters do you have?

- I have three younger brothers… Atta said.

- I am an only child, we reply successively.

- What do you parents do for a living?? Kris' mother asked.

- umm… my father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter