chapter 33

New chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sonya's P.O.V

 

 

After hearing Woo bin's explanation I told Atta that I’ll be meeting Yongguk and to be careful of what she says to Woo bin since we still cannot fully trust him especially after how he suspiciously approached us.

I drove to his apartment since we agreed to meet there; I was a nervous wreck because I wasn't sure how he was going to react to all of this. He opened the door for me as soon as I got there.  We sat on the couch and he had already prepared some coffee.

- So, are you going to tell me everything or are you going to still keep things from me??

-woah!! What is with this overly serious atmosphere?? I joked trying to lighten up the mood.

He gave me a pointed look so I just sighed.

- Okay, okay, I get it, but I am gonna blabber a lot, you better have prepared something else other than the coffee, it may not be enough.

- Sonya!!

- Hum… okay… where should I start... okay, as you may already know now I am the Sonya Lachenal, there is no need to go on with my family background is there??

- No I guess not. He replied with such a soft tone that I almost couldn't recognize his voice.

- The reason why I couldn’t openly say who I was is because of security measures. Not only is my family after the inheritance I had gotten but other greedy people too. The accident three years ago I believe it was not an accident but rather intentional, I was lucky to get out of it alive with a few injuries and broken ribs. Of course the one that tried and failed had to strike again and a year later I had gotten in an accident with my boyfriend you already know about that part. What I didn't tell you about was that back then I was in a coma for a while but I could hear the visitors coming in my hospital room. Back then I overheard someone talking about a new plan to get rid of me but before that, they had to legally be the ones to inherit the money after my death. Since the fortune was what they were after, I thought that if I no longer were the one possessing it, they may leave me alone but no, they were still persistent to get it. You must be curious about the money right??

He just nodded.

- Well it is easy to guess who have it!! I smiled.

- Latifa??

- Yep, well she just took care of opening fake accounts overseas.

- What about the company??

- Well my dad was going to get me an arranged marriage with someone that was on the same page as me, we both refused and he had proven to be quite efficient with his work so I entrusted it to him as my supposedly fiancé. He would only call me when it is necessary. Of course I am not as crazy as to leave it all to him and I let a friend of mine to keep a tab on everything and inform me. Ah right, before I forget I have a post traumatic disorder, I suffered from a partial amnesia after the second accident in which I had forgotten everything related to the accidents. Because of that I developed a huge trusting issue; I couldn't bring myself to trust anyone easily aside from Atta. Thank god she was there for me.

Also this is something that no one knows about aside from Atta, I am only telling you this because you are very important to me and I want to avoid any other misunderstandings in the future. You know Gabriel Sazio right??

- yes the one that was going to do a partnership with Kris’ family then you interfered with that and made him sign with the Kims?

- Yea that one. He is a close friend to my dad or so that's what he's been telling me since I woke up from my coma, but I do remember clearly that he is a erted old fat !!

- Huh!!

- He would usually make disgusting comments on how I should marry an older more experienced guy rather than being with Aymen, he went as far as interfering with my father's work just to show off his power. The business deal with Kris' family was supposed to be done with mine but Gabriel interfered with it. We were going to hit the Asian market thanks to it, and me interfering with this was only to get the business deal with Kris' family with our company.

- But, kris' company is suffering from the loss of the deal, you could have easily gotten it with the Kims so why?

- Simple one, they would accept anything we are gonna propose without imposing any kind of conditions. And as for the Kims, you've already witnessed the scandal that happened in the wedding. They are gonna suffer a great deal from it and I can assure you it's only the beginning!! How dare he mess around with my sis!!

- You really are...

 

 

 

Latifa's P.O.V

 

 

-what? Are you impressed, amazed? Sonya joked wriggling her eyebrows making Yongguk giggle.

-I was going to say scary, he said teasing, but yeah, you keep on surprising me! So I guessed it right last time, you are indeed a millionaire's daughter.

Sonya just laughed at his reaction but he surprised her by getting closer to her and pulling her for a tight hug.

-thank you for trusting me and telling me everything, I promise I’ll do anything to protect you, because you are really special to me Sonya, I can't stand thinking that something bad might happen to you, so I want you to fully trust me and believe in me arasseo?

She could feel how scared and anxious he was just from his tone, she also felt how much he cared for her and loved her through the shivers she felt while hugging him.

-umm, arasseo, thank you for always being by my side and believing me, she said smiling, patting his back gently.

After few more minutes in each other's arms, they pulled back and looked into each other’s eyes for a while smiling softly. Yongguk ran his long fingers in Sonya’s hair then caressed her cheek gently.

-ah, I feel hungry now, I told you that coffee won't be enough, Sonya suddenly said standing up putting her hands on her waist, humm, how about some ramyun? She turned to Yongguk and he just smiled and nodded his head.

-I’ll help you, he said getting up as well and following her to the kitchen.

 

 

Back to Woo bin's office after Sonya left to meet Yongguk.

 

 

I was sitting there zoning out, I was thinking about the investigation and what it would lead to, when Woo bin nudged me, turning me back to my senses.

-hey, aren't you hungry? How about we go eat outside? He was looking at me with a warm expression on his face.

-uhh, no thanks, I will be heading home now, I said getting up taking my leave but he grabbed my arm.

-ah, come on, it's just lunch, look... I know you are very disappointed in me, I’m really sorry okay? Please give me a chance oh?

I didn't say anything and just sighed heavily so he dragged me out of the office to his car and he drove us to a cozy beef place.

 

During lunch time, my eyes didn't leave Woo bin's face and I kept on unconsciously staring at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter