"Aunt Rinnie"

So We Meet Again

     You slapped your forehead at the sight of your messy room. Minwoo oppa would be coming home any minute now and you were procrastinating so much. Sighing, you took out your phone and furiously texted Chelsea something.

     "Chelsea-ah! Help me clean up, won't you? ;~; TT TT"

     Within minutes Chelsea was panting at the door and was still regaining her breath. You blinked at her and laughed before dragging her inside. "Yah, Jung Mi Ran. Minwoo is coming back today and why is it so messy?!" she complained, looking around at all the items spread around the large penthouse. Chelsea looked up and saw small glass domes hanging down from almost invisible tring with a bell attached to it.

     "Meenah---what're those up there?" Chelsea asked again. This time, she noticed there were also tiny cranes on the domes. Chelsea raised an eyebrow and looked at you.

      You shrugged and replied, "Just something I thought would give the house a better atmosphere to it when oppa comes back." Chelsea chuckled and shook her head. You had spent all morning on it and laid down on the couch watching Chelsea quickly make the house super clean as if you hadn't made any mess at all. 

      It didn't take long for Chelsea to finish and she sat down on a large bean bag chair that you had bought not long ago next to the couch. You looked up at the wall clock and saw that Minwoo would come in a couple of hours. Sighing, you grabbed your backpack and decided to go stroll the city to pass time.

     "Chelsea! Do whatever you want but I'm going out for a---tour!" You yelled and ran all the way down to the lobby and out into the street. Skipping, you took your time and finally reached the middle of the bustling city. You peacefully walked around and found yourself being pulled into a bakery because of the mouthwatering aroma in the air.

     You ordered without hesitation and waved at the cashier with a large smile before leaving. Happily munching on your sugar cookie, you started to skip down the sidewalk and crossed the street along with the crowd. You sat down on a park bench in the middle of the street and intently focused on finishing the cookie in your mouth before going anywhere. 

     You closed your eyes for what seemed like half a second and the next thing you know, you hear the sound of screeching tires, screams, and a loud thud. Your eyes flew open and you jumped up. All cars immediately stopped and a large group of people quickly crowded around the person who got hit. 

     Memories of the first aid tutoring sessions that Minwoo oppa had given you years ago flashed across your mind and you dropped your bag of cookies. Pushing through the crowd, you saw an ahjumma on the ground with her arms and legs in a weird position. No one moved or tried to do anything to help the lifeless woman on the ground.

     It was more like no one knew what to do. You gulped and kneeled down next to the ahjumma. You cradled her head, checking for her pulse and if she was breathing or not. The ahjumma wasn't breathing---but there was a pulse. You gently placed her head back down onto the pavement and looked around the crowd. 

     "You! Ahjusshi in the green sweater! Call 119!" You urgently screamed and placed both your hands on the woman's chest.

     "Y-yeh!" the ahjusshi replied. Taking a deep breath, you made sure to hyperextend the ahjumma's head to clear the airways and went straight to compressing her chest. 

     Next, you proceeded to do CPR to the ahjumma and blew air into while manually massaging her heart to keep the blood flow around the body. To your relief, the ahjumma coughed and started breathing again. You let out a sigh and could hear the ambulance nearing. Massaging her abdominal muscles, you could see that she could not move her arms and legs. 

     You lifted her head and checked the bleeding on the back. Either it was a miracle or the ahjumma just has a very hard head, the bleeding was minor and there seemed to be no damage done to her head. The crowd split open and you realized that the ambulance was right in front. 

     She was lifted onto a gurney and you got into the back of the ambulance. You stayed calm while they put an air mask over and nose. Letting out a sigh of relief, you looked up and clasped your hands together, thanking the Lord that you were able to keep calm at the most nerve wrecking time.

*

     "I don't know how you did it but---good job. The ahjumma could've died if you had not been so calm and perfectly carried out the first aid procedure. For such a young child, you have done well. Have you ever thought of being a nurse?" Doctor Kang asked.

     "Ah, thank you very much and---err---I want to be a Radiologist," You nervously laughed. The doctor nodded and went off down the hall. You leaned against the wall with no energy left and placed a hand over your chest. Swallowing, you popped your head into the room and saw that the ahjumma was sitting up perfectly fine on her bed and was staring blankly at the wall.

       You cleared your throat and went inside. "G-good afternoon, Ahjumma. How're you feeling? Thank goodness none of your bones were broken! Such a miracle, isn't it?" You asked, trying to cheer up the mood. The ahjumma looked towards you and smiled.

      "Thank you so much for saving my life. If you had not---well---I wouldn't be here right now." The ahjumma slightly chuckled. You smiled and sat down on the chair next to her bed. 

       "May I know what your name is?" You politely asked.

      "It's Hwang Chae Rin but you can call me Aunt Rinnie," she said gently. You grinned widely and stuck out your hand.

      "Alright, Aunt Rinnie! My name is Jung Mi Ran but you can call me Meenah! Hehehe." You giggled. Aunt Rinnie took your hand in hers and ever so lightly shook it. The both of you chattered away about yourselves and you literally opened up to her about everything that was on your mind.

     She generously listened and didn't interrupt once. Aunt Rinnie seemed to enjoy listening to your stories so much, sad or happy. You---on the other hand---was very moved by Aunt Rinnie's stories. The happy ones made you laugh and smile uncontrollably while you just wanted to burst into tears at the gruesome ones. 

      Hours passed like that unnoticably because you were your own world with Aunt Rinnie. Aunt Rinnie glanced at the clock in the middle of your conversation and frowned.

     "You should get going now. My son should be coming by soon and you've been here a bit too long, Meenah-ah. Thank you so much once again." Aunt Rinnie said, gently smiling.

     "Yeh, Aunt Rinnie! I'll definitely come and keep you company every day so you won't have to worry about being alone!" You exclaimed with a hint of disappointment in your voice. You kissed her cheek and waved like a little kid before trudging away from the hospital room. 

     You looked down at your watch and sighed. Your brother would be arriving any time soon and so you quickly rushed home to get ready. You threw on a white lacy dress with a short, black cardigan and curled your hair into bouncy locks. You were in a rush and struggled to put on your flats while making sure the glitter around your eyes were evened out. 

     Rushing through traffic, you arrived at the airport just in time and let out a deep breath. You straightened your cardigan and gently pulled down your dress while looking around for the gate that Minwoo oppa was supposed to come out of. You patiently waited and finally saw the first glimpse of your oppa's tall build through the doors. 

     A large smile spread straight across your face and you started jumping and squealing around like a little girl. As your oppa advanced towards you, you couldn't hold it in anymore and ran straight into Minwoo's arms.

     "Oppa!!" You squealed and was spun around in a tight hug. You heard the familiar chuckle of your older brother and laughed. Minwoo ruffled up your perfectly curled hair but you left it be. 

     You grabbed all of his luggage and quickly ran out towards the car. Not caring about traffic or dying, you sped through the roads and went back inside your penthouse as quickly as possible. Minwoo oppa leaned against the door with a pale face and a hand cradling his stomach. You giggled and pulled him by his wrist into the house.

     You pointed up at the ceiling and the second Minwoo looked up, his eyes widened. Minwoo oppa's mouth dropped open at the beautiful glass domes hanging down from the ceiling. You grinned with success and let Minwoo by himself to sort out his things. Going into the kitchen, you cut up fruits and arranged them into a beautiful pattern.

     You walked into the living room and was again amazed at your brother's speed. Him and Chelsea seems to do everything fast. You placed the plate of fruit on the coffee table and laid down on the couch with your head perched up on Minwoo's lap. You started inspecting your nails while Minwoo stuffed various fruits into his mouth and pushed his stuff aside.

     "You know that I'm quiting the CIA, right?"

     "Why though?"

     "I don't know. Since you won't be taking over the company, I just felt like I should be the one taking over and so I'll be taking care of the company from now on."

     "But I'm still the Director for now, oppa!"

     "I know that~"

     "You won't regret your decisions right oppa?"

     "If it doesn't work out then the spot that I'll be leaving in the CIA will always be open. I was one of their best agents, you know!"

     "I know, I know." You said, waving your hand in front of you. Minwoo oppa chuckled and played with your hair. Although the two of you might not seem to get along too well, the both of you were as close as peas in a pod. You suddenly remembered Aunt Rinnie and started to explain to your oppa exactly what happened from the moment you heard the screeching tires to when Aunt Rinnie told you to go home. 

     Minwoo smiled and affectionately patted your head. "I worry about you since you get along with everyone. What happens if my dongsaeng becomes friends with the wrong person one day?" Minwoo oppa sarcastically asked. You only laughed and turned to your side. 

     "Oppa---would it be a good idea to not tell Dongho when I'm leaving for Yale after I graduate?"

     "It's up to you, Mi Ran. I'll go along with your decision either way. You shouldn't let that Dongho get in the way of your dreams, alright?" You only nodded and stared at the couch.

     "Tomorrow, I think I'll go with you to visit this Aunt Rinnie of yours." Minwoo randomly stated. You chuckled in amusement and sat up, poking a fork into a slice of kiwi and stuffing it into your mouth. You leaned your head against Minwoo's shoulder and sighed. It wasn't a tired sigh or an annoyed sigh. Neither was it a relaxed sigh but it was more of just a---random sigh. 

     "Aunt Rinnie is a really fun person to talk to. I wish she was really our aunt---"


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, EVERY ONE <3 AND TO ALL THE SINGLES OUR THERE INCLUDING 11 YEAR OLD ME, HAPPY FOREVER ALONE DAY ^^ I HOPE ALL OF YOU SPENT IT WELL :)

@PURPLEGALORE What do you mean by where Jongup is from? O__O If you meant what band he is in then he's in a rookie group called B.A.P ^^ He's so adorable :) 

LALALALALALALALA~ RAWR MEEP MEEP LALALA lmfao omg xD