"Scared of your reaction"

So We Meet Again

To make this story move on, tis this be many months later :3

     "You. Are you sure the company said it was okay to go out like this? I mean---articles and all that. Aigoo! You're so stupid!" You exclaimed in a rather harsh tone. Dongho smirked and grasped your hand in his. He squeezed it and confidently walked down the street. People turned their heads and gasped. Some gave you intense glares and scoffed. 

     You lowered your head and tried to hide behind Dongho in hopes of feeling a little safer and that fangirls won't come and rip your head off. Dongho chuckled and pulled you inside the usual small cafe where you became a regular customer. You had found out that the workers there were very nice and didn't care about your relationship with Dongho.

     They were extremely overjoyed that because of you being a regular there along with Dongho, it brought more customers which raised their pay and the cafe's income. One of the waiters that you had become good friends with, Sunmee, cheerfully bowed and greeted you with a smile.

      "Ah! Mi Ran! Don't worry about the people outside. They're not allowed to come in unless they are going to buy something and actually drink it. It looks like Dongho-shii dragged you here---well, no worries about that! Would you like the usual?" Sunmee asked, clapping her hands together and keeping the large smile on her face. 

     You immediately let go of Dongho's arm and bounded up to Sunmee like a bouncing ray of sunshine with a grin implanted on your face. Nodding, you grabbed her arm and dragged her over to a random table.

     "How's work?! Oh my gosh I love the new rule the cafe put up! It leaves me at peace and I actually feel safe. I never thought it'd be so hard to date my best friend~" You sighed, resting your chin on your palm. Sunmee giggled and got up to make your smoothie. Dongho felt ignored and he just pouted in the seat behind you. 

     A pair of hands covered your eyes and you giggled, pushing them down. Dongho scoffed, replacing Sunmee's spot. You stuck out your tongue at him and watched him continue pouting. Sunmee came back with two strawberry smoothies and let the two of you have your moment. She went to take care of another customer and winked at you before leaving. 

     You casually sipped your smoothie while eyeing Dongho. He shrugged, quickly drinking his smoothie and realized a moment too late. Dongho slapped his forehead before jumping off of the chair and curling up into a rolling ball on the ground. "Brain freeze!!" He cried, gripping his forehead. You quietly laughed and watched your boyfriend suffer on the floor.

     Recovering, Dongho stood back up and glared at you for not helping him. Shrugging, you mocked him and chuckled. Dongho pouted and turned his back to you. You smiled and the sunshine hit your face at a perfect angle. Suddenly, a shadow draped over the table, making you look up.

      You shielded your eyes with your hand and squinted up at the person. Your mouth dropped to the ground while the person only smiled. Dongho turned around and frowned, also looking up at the unfamiliar person.

      "Glad to see that you're alright unlike last time," said the person. Dongho furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you.

      "Y-yeah. Thanks for saving me---I could've died if you hadn't reacted so fast. Such a coincidence, is it not?" 

      "You couldn't have said it any better." A small smile came on your face and you nodded. You took a good look at the person and smiled even more. There wasn't really any resemblance to this Hyun Su and the old Hyun Su. You started jumping and celebrating inside your head and let the new Hyun Su sit down next to you. 

     Dongho's mouth dropped in disbelief and he crossed his arms, pouting with disappointment. You puffed your cheeks and turned to face Hyun Su, completely ignoring Dongho. Dongho rolled his eyes and started throwing curses at the random guy in front of him under his breath. 

     "You're Jung Mi Ran, right? You're getting quite famous lately because of that little guy over there." Hyun Su joked, politely covering his mouth and laughing. Your eyes sparkled at his polite manners that were similar to yours. Dongho scrunched up his nose in dissatisfaction and continued to watch the two of you converse while drinking the remainings of his smoothie.

     Since he was forgotten, Dongho made the best of it and observed this Hyun Su guy from head to toe. There wasn't much of a resemblance to the deceased Kang Hyun Su which reliefed Dongho but he still felt something wrong about this Hyun Su. The both of you went off into your own little world and started chatting about random topics that the both of you had in common.

     Dongho watched you laugh and he absentmindedly smiled. He turned his head and his eyes fell upon Hyun Su which made his smile immediately drop. He scowled at the fact that Hyun Su was making you laugh and not him. Dongho swallowed his jealousy and put on a calm expression, or rather, a poker face. 

     Hyun Su glanced at the clock and gasped. He picked up his things and stood up, looking down at you. "Well, looks like I'll have to leave no. It was nice meeting you again, Jung Meenah." He said and left. Your eyes followed the last trace of his sweater around the corner and you sighed. 

     You slowly turned your head and saw a furious Dongho burning with envy. You nervously laughed and sipped your smoothie that wasn't cold anymore. Dongho walked next to you and sat down, wrapping his arms around you. You froze and looked at him. Dongho was smiling at you with his huge, adorable eyes.

     "You and your puppy eyes..." You said, shaking your head and chuckling.

      "And you love it~"

      "Whatever!" You laughed, ruffling up his hair. Dongho once again grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the cafe. The fangirls' heads twirked up and some started following you like cat and mouse. You gulped and squeezed Dongho's hand with fear. Dongho reassuringly smiled and quickened his pace.

*

     "Oh my gosh Kiss-Mes sure are scarier over here!" You yelped, jumping onto your couch. Dongho sat down on the floor with his legs crossed and looked up at you. You pursed your lips and hugged Jungmin, your large carrot plushie. 

     Dongho started wandering around the penthouse and ended up on the balcony. You shrugged and let him be. You started cooking some food in the kitchen and let Dongho have his peace out on the balcony. He laid down on the wooden platform on his stomach, kicking his legs. Dongho spread his arms out and let out a big sigh.

     "So relaxing~" He cried, stretching his back. He looked down and saw the corner of a piece of paper sticking out from under the platform. Out of curiousity, he gently tugged at it and it slid out by a centimeter. As a true blood type B, he took the whole thing out and his eyes were met with English words. "W-wah?? Y-Y-Yeal...Yail---Yale University? Isn't that like---that big college in the States? Why does Meenah have this?" Dongho asked no one, scratching his head. 

     He furrowed his eyebrows and walked inside. He found you in the kitchen carefully cutting a carrot into a flower. Dongho walked up behind you and s his arms through your arms and around your waist. You put down the knife and turned your head. Squinting, you puffed out your cheeks and tilted your head.

     "Do you need something?"

     "Explain why you have this pamphlet," Dongho said, raising his hand and shoving the Yale brochure in your face. Your eyes widened and you got out of Dongho's grasp. He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow and staring at you. You sighed and grabbed the brochure.

     "I applied to Yale and I got in. I want to go here so I can get a better education to become a doctor. Isn't it my freedom to choose where I want to go to college? I'm graduating early and I'm leaving in a few months. You don't need to question me and have any kind of breakdown since you already spent like, 10 years without me or something." You scolded, glaring at him.

     He scoffed and leaned against the sink counter. "Do you think that I spent those 10 years without thinking about you? I'm only asking why you have a brochure to Yale!! If you want to abandon me and go to that prestigious college then go ahead! I don't mind! Again, it's your freedom." Dongho mocked. He grabbed his jacket and stomped out of the penthouse, slamming the door shut. 

     You rolled your eyes at the expected reaction. "He just doesn't understand," You muttered, picking up the knife again. You started violently cutting up the vegetables and let tears roll down your face. You didn't bother to wipe them away and continued cooking through your blurred vision. 

     Dongho ran as far away from your building as possible and gulped. Taking a taxi to the company building, he went into the practice room and fell onto the floor. He brought his knees against his chest and buried his face into his knees. Not a single tear would come out of his eye. It wasn't that he was heartless or anything but nothing would come out.

     He was so hurt that you kept it from him that no tears would fall. He just had a blank expression buried in his knees. Dongho took a deep breath and tilted his head back until he was staring at the white ceiling. 

     Images of your face started forming on the ceiling which made Dongho rub his eyes and sigh. "Yah. Maknae. Why does it seem like you're releasing your stress in the practice room? Why? Did you and your girlfriend have a fight?" A voice asked. Dongho turned his head to the door and slightly bowed.

     "She hid the fact that she was going to go to a college in the States. It's Yale, also! She's even graduating early for it! I just don't know how to feel." Dongho yelled, ruffling up his hair in annoyance. 

     Soohyun sat down next to Dongho and slung his arm over Dongho's shoulder. "Maybe she was scared of your reaction. Put yourself in Mi Ran's shoes. She should be pretty scared right now, right? You wouldn't want her to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. It's Yale, for heavens sake! I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to hold her back for your own selfish reasons. Think about it carefully." 

     U-Kiss's leader patted the maknae's head and left the practice room to let Dongho have some thinking time. Dongho fell back and let his back touch the cool, wooden floor. He brought his arms up and propped his head onto his palms. Dongho sighed and bit his lip, seriously and carefully thinking through the situation.

     "If you go, don't forget me and find someone else. Well, it's not like it's possible to forget me but still---"


Here you go ^-^ :D Errrrrr....yeah :3 SO, THE SUPER BOWL. UHHHH...PATRIOTS >:D xD 

Big thanks to cathy4reals for the amazing poster ^-^ Thank you!~ <3 :)