"A nail in my heart"

So We Meet Again

     "Chelsea!~" You whined through the phone, kicking your feet in annoyance. You rummaged through your desk drawer and took out a key. You walked over to the closet and pulled out a small box. Unlocking it, inside revealed small journals and diaries of sorts. Letters poured out of it, each with a different and unique sticker on it. The letters were old and yellowed---signaling that they were around some good years old. 

     "Hmmm? What is it now?" Chelsea asked, busy doing something on the other line. You let out a sigh and picked up a stack of paper binded together by a ribbon that strung through the holes punched on the left edge of each paper. You flipped some pages until you landed on one that looked to have been crumbled up a lot. 

     You ran your hand gently across it, your eyes wavering at the sight of it. "Chelsea---there's many things I haven't told you and it's probably the same with you but a long time ago, I told you that I disliked my dad. I think my reasons are stupid for disliking him and I don't know about you and your relationship with your family but mine is complicated. It's really complicated. All these letters and journals that just fell out of this box right now, I should let you read them some day but here's one that is etched into my mind forever." You took a deep breath and held back your watery eyes.

'My dear daughter,

It's been quite a while since I've written last and I'm not sure if you'll take the time to read this or not. I'd be very thankful if you did, though. I'm doing fine in China with the company so far, if you were wondering. Nothing special lately although we scored a new investor! Once I have redeemed myself of the horrible things that I've done in the past, I'll definitely come back and become a good father. One that you'll enjoy spending time with and one that you'll find impossible to be mad at for a long time. 

Althought the things I'm about to write right now will probably not make you happy but I believe it's a must. Your mom also agreed to finalize it despite your very young age. You're still a child and I do not want to control your life but I do not want to see you get hurt either. It may be hard for you to understand now but later on in life, you'll be able to understand. I know you're truly very smart but you must try and see from my point of view. I am definitely not doing this for business. I would never sell you off. Your parents, your mother and I, have chosen your marriage partner.

It won't be that much of a surprise though. You're best friends with Dongho, aren't you? You're sad that we moved away, aren't you? You're scared that Dongho won't remember you later on, aren't you? You're going to get married to him when you're older. Do not worry about that! His father and I, we'll be business partners and it's all planned out perfectly. You probably already want to marry him but not this way, right? Or, you're probably thinking 'Oh! What if when I'm older, I want to marry someone else?' I'm sorry but this is the right thing to do. You'll understand and don't feel sad! Try to be happy and understanding that you'll be able to marry your best friend. He'll definitely like you as a woman in the future.

I know you're only 10 right now and suddenly writing to you like this about such a subject is odd but you must understand. I've heard about your new best friend, Hyun Woo! He sounds very charming. I heard from your mother. We're on good terms even though we're divorced. Since your mom does not hate me, you should not either. One day, you'll be able to take care of the company with me! I know you want to become a doctor and you can also do that while helping me with the company. I'll never leave your side and I'll definitely make you happy. 

So please, do not hate me anymore.'

     You sniffed and slowly lowered the paper. Chelsea held her breath, taking in everything you had just read to her. It was still complicated for you as to why he would have to arrange you and Dongho to be together. Now, it would probably be impossible considering that he doesn't like you. You wanted to cry for some odd reason but it was all too hard to explain. "So, does that mean you and Dongho are supposed to be together?"

     "Mmmhmm." You looked around the pile and picked up a letter. It was folded into an envelope and there was a red heart drawn on it. A smile tugged at the corners of your lips and you brought it close to your own heart. 

     "What're you looking at right now?" Chelsea asked, as if she knew what you were looking at. 

     "Just a letter Hyun Woo gave me a long time ago." You answered. You threw it in the box and stuffed everything back in. You quickly locked it and tucked it back inside your closet, safely hidden behind piles of stuffed animals and other boxes. 

     Chelsea tapped the pen she was holding against , not knowing what to say. "I heard Hyun Woo is going back to the States." She said absentmindedly. You nodded.

     "I know." Chelsea squinted in confusion. You sounded as if you didn't have a single care in the world. She took her phone off of her ear and switched hands holding the phone. Chelsea supported her head on her left arm and doodled random things on a sheet of paper. "I really like Hyun Woo but I don't think it's the same feelings with Dongho or---Kimchi. It's complicated like my life." You cleared up. 

     Chelsea cleared and sighed. "So, do you want to go to China or not?" She carefully asked. You sat up straight and clicked your tongue. 

     "Why? Should I?" You stood up and paced around the room, sitting back down not long after. Chelsea hesitated and thought about it seriously. She ran through all the ups and downs in her head and puffed out her cheeks. Brushing her fringe away from her eyes, Chelsea sighed. She had no clue what she wanted. She wondered if it would be better for you to go and reconcile with your father or stay here, forever avoiding him.

     Staying here would bring no good to you or anyone. Chelsea let out a deep breath and replied, "Go." Then, there was silence. All that could be heard between the two lines were both of your breathes. You gulped and tugged at your hair. You understood why Chelsea would want you to go and you were acting selfish by not going. 

     You cursed at yourself for being so stupid and ruffled up your hair. You closed your eyes and hung up on Chelsea. You laid down on the floor and looked up at the ceiling. The floor was cold against your back and it felt good. Heat was blowing down at you since you were right under the air vent and the cold floor balanced the hot air. 

     Getting up from the floor and towards the door, you took one big, deep breath and walked downstairs to find your mom still on the couch. Her head was in her hands and she looked tired and stressed. "Mom." You gently called out. 

     She looked up at you through squinted eyes and her eyes were puffy and red. Obvious sign that she had cried. The sight of it, it struck your heart. It felt as if someone pierced a nail into your heart. You realized just how selfish you were. 

"I'll go to China---but only for a month."


Mmmmmmmmm...yep. I'm thinking of putting a twist here....but I'm not sure ^^ Is it boring? I'm sorry...I mean I'm a kid../sigh 

@U-Kiss-me Awwwwwwh you really missed me? ^^ <3 "I feel wet" LMFAO THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID ;) XDD SHE'S GOING TO CHINA <3 WOOT WOOT <3 I HOPE YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF WHERE THIS IS GOING IS DIFFERENT FROM MINE <3 I WANT TO FRUSTRATE YOU GUYS TO DEATH <3 lolololol jk :) You guys will get satisfied soon enough ^-^ I think this story is going to end soon. I'll probably create a sequel to it though. Well...after I get pretty far into my other fanfic :) Anticipate!