"You ditched us for so long"

So We Meet Again

     You suddenly sat up in shock and looked around at your surroundings. You were in your old room and remembered that you had fallen asleep. There were voices downstairs but you didn't bother to check and pulled out your phone. Chelsea had texted you saying that she was done with her interview and was doing something but that was hours ago. 

     Sighing, you rubbed your eyes and sleepily trudged downstairs. You had carried along a stuffed animal you had left behind with you and entered the living room. You opened your eyes and gasped, dropping your plushie. You raised a shaking finger and pointed at the 7 boys watching tv in the living room. "Y-you---"

     Kevin smiled brightly and waved. "Hi Meenah!" He exclaimed, jumping off of the couch and went over to put his arm around your shoulder. You turned your head and glanced at the idols' arm dangling from your shoulder. You mouth was slightly agape and you were frozen like an ice statue. The members stared at you with blank expressions, casually chewing on their popcorn. You looked at Dongho who shrugged. 

     "Yah. You. Shin Dongho. I have to stay here since my mom's making me! She's somewhere in Belgium right now so---well I don't know!" You looked at each other members and went into the kitchen. 

      "Maybe I should make anglio e olio tonight..." You pondered about the idea and grabbed the spaghetti from the cabinet. You started boiling it and took out some ingredients. Since some members might not want pasta, you decided to make spicy rice cakes. You started chopping the vegetables while eyeing the spaghetti.

      "OH HOLY SHISUS OH MY FU---" You screamed in pain, the knife clattering to the ground. You collapsed against the counter, holding onto your hand for dear life. 

     Hearing your scream, the members ran into the kitchen and looked at the bloody floor to your hand. After taking one look at the blood, Kevin fainted into Eli's arms. Dongho yelped and was about to pass out. Tears ran down your face because of the pain from the large cut and you were losing blood too quickly. AJ ran over with a towel and quickly wrapped your finger with it. 

      You collapsed against his arm and squealed. "I-it hurts," You whispered, trying to endure the pain. He grabbed your hand and put it under the sink faucet, letting warm water run down on your hand to wash the blood away. AJ rummaged around the cabinets until his hand found the first aid kit. He took it down with his free hand and opened it up trying to find the medicine. 

      Dongho watched from the door helplessly and shaking. AJ turned off the water and quickly poured the medicine over the cut. You screamed and pulled your hand back but AJ's grip was too powerful. Dongho flinched and closed his eyes. He was now on the floor curled up into a ball and rocking back and forth. 

     AJ grabbed a piece of cloth and quickly tied it around the large cut. Blood started staining the cloth but soon after, it all stopped. There was still a pulsing pain but you ignored it and sighed. You fell to the floor and started sobbing. 

     "Why am I so stupid?! Why does it hurt so much!?!? Stupid knife!" You yelled, grabbing the knife with your injured hand and throwing it at the wall. It pierced the wall and was sticking out of it. Dongho remembered now why you were throwing such a fit. Dongho crawled over to you and wrapped his arms tightly around you. He nuzzled his nose against your head and soothingly calmed you down. 

     The U-Kiss members were dearly confused and only stared at the scene. Soohyun took his hand out of his pocket and pulled the knife out of the wall. Dongho carried you upstairs to get some rest and came right back. The members finished cleaning up the bloody kitchen and sat down in the living room, looking at Dongho for an explanation. 

     "It's a long story," He sighed, "When we were little, we had another best friend. His name was Kang Hyun Su. He was an orphan and the three of us were as close as anyone can be. We both met Hyun Su at an ice cream shop when he was with his orphanage head. The day he finally got adopted, he came running to both of our families and we all gathered to celebrate." Dongho took a deep breath and wiped at the small tears in his eyes.

     "At such a young age, Meenah really loved to cook. She was exceptionally amazing with the knife and Hyun Su became curious. He picked up a knife and---he tried to cut up---some vegetables and---the ambulance came too late." Dongho swallowed his tears, "Hyun Su died in our arms. It was complete chaos but he died in our arms. The pale look on his face and his last words, Meenah and I will never forget. Meenah loved him so much and if he hadn't died, I have no doubt that they would be together right now." He choked on his tears and paused for a moment.

     "He was such an amazing kid. Hyun Su had so much talent. His personality was a lot like Chun Hee's and if he was able to grow up, he would probably look like Kimchi from AA. The day he was adopted was the day he died. His life was taken away by the hands of a knife. Meenah blames herself for it and he died not long before she moved to America. That's why I pretended to not remember her so she wouldn't remember Hyun Su but I guess that didn't work." The members stared at him and Kevin was close to tearing up. 

     Dongho quickly texted Chelsea and the whole house was left in an eerie silence. No one moved. They were all left in their own thoughts. Upstairs, you were silently crying into the covers. Flashbacks of that day that was supposed to be happy flew around in your head, making you cry even more. Your feelings were uncontrollable and you felt like there was supposed to be someone next to you to calm you down but you couldn't figure out who. 

     You hugged your knees against your chest and closed your eyes shut. You hiccuped here and there but you tried to stay still as possible. There was no way for you to fall asleep again so you thought about Hyun Su. He was the only thing in your mind. You wished that you could hug him again. You wanted to smile and laugh with him and Dongho once more. 

     You wanted to happily stroll the streets of Japan with him hand-in-hand, but no. A knife had to take away everything. If you had been watching, you could have saved him. You punched yourself and cried even more. You stumbled out of bed and towards a drawer. You opened it with a shaking hand and grabbed a pair of scissors. You gripped onto the handle and stared at the blade.

     Light reflected off of it and created a shine. You took a deep breath and gulped, putting it near your wrist. "Hy-Hyun Su oppa. Wait for me," You whispered. A tear dropped onto the blade and kept its hamburger form. Your eyes were fixed at the tear and you didn't move at all. Snapping out of your daze, you brought the blades closer and closer to your pale wrist and its veins. 

     "YAH! JUNG MI RAN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?" Chelsea yelled, dropping her bag to the ground and running over to you. She snatched the pair of scissors out of your hands and threw it to the ground. 

     "Are you crazy?!?!" Chelsea screamed, holding onto your shoulders. You suddenly burst into tears and fell into her arms. You tightly hugged your dear best friend and cried with her hugging you. You cried into her shirt and it soon became soaked but that was the least of Chelsea's problems.

     She and patted your back, trying to calm you down but you wouldn't stop crying and Chelsea knew that. Chelsea knew everything about you and she definitely understood this situation. Dongho appeared at the doorway with teary eyes and was there just in time to hear you whisper, "Hyun Su---" He sighed and walked into the room. 

     You were now staring at a pair of Doraemon slippers and knew right away who it was. You were too tired to look up and you just leaned against Chelsea. You had no power for anything and didn't intend to do anything but sulk around either.

     "You still love Hyun Su---don't you? You just realized that you miss him so much that you could die, right?" Dongho asked, kneeling down to keep at eye level with you. Dongho watched you slowly nod and he let out a sigh.

     "But Hyunnie is gone now. There's nothing I can do about it except die and meet him in heaven," You said in a small voice. Dongho took you from Chelsea's arms and hugged you. His your cheek with his thumb and wiped away the tear stains. Chelsea left the room to call Chun Hee to come back as quickly as possible. 

     Dongho kissed your cheek and held back his tears as best as he could. You knew everything about him like Chelsea and Chun Hee knew everything about you. 

     "You can cry if you want, idiot." You said, cupping his face. You looked at every detail on his face and smiled. You poked his nose and cheek and finally kissed his pink lips. 

     "Hyun Su is with God and I'm with you. It doesn't matter if I have Hyun Su in my heart because you're here with me and I love you. No matter what." You reassured Dongho, pinching his cheeks and giving him the brightest smile you could. Dongho chuckled and let a lonely tear fall. You wiped it away and hugged him. 

     "Chun Hee should be on his way here from Osaka. Pretty sure he took his helicop---" The front door burst open and someone ran up the stairs so hard it seemed like the whole house would collapse. Chun Hee burst through the door, gasping for air and his hands on his knees. He looked up at you and sighed. 

     Walking over, he grabbed you and brought you to your feet. Chun Hee pulled you into his arms and stared at the ground. Chun Hee's hugs felt exactly like Hyun Su. It was weird, but true. Their hugs felt exactly the same and you hugged him even tighter. 

     "Why do you always remind me of Hyun Su?" You whispered, setting your head on his shoulder. 

     "Maybe it's because he decided to come into my body so he could still be with you," Chun Hee joked. Your sweet laugh rang throughout the room, causing both Dongho and Chun Hee to smile. A delicious smell rose up into the room and you quickly let go of Chun Hee. It was the smell of anglio e olio. 

     "How did Chelsea know I was cooking that?" You asked, tilting your head to the side.

     "That Chelsea Hayaki knows everything." Chun Hee said.

     "Chelsea is perfect~ And I think you like her," You sang and skipped downstairs, your mood fully recovered. Chun Hee scoffed and followed right behind you. 

     Dongho stayed back in the room and finally went over to your private drawer that he had found after you left. He opened it up, taking out a small picture frame. It was of you, him, and Hyun Su in Kyoto a year before he died. He his thumb across the picture and a small smile tugged at his lips. Those happy memories back then, he wanted to forget them. It seemed impossible though because they were amazing memories that would never leave his heart. Hyun Su was someone close to them that they loved so much.

     Nothing could ever replace that wonderful piece of their life and was practically engraved in their hearts and minds. Hyun Su was one of a kind and Dongho also wanted him to come back. They were like brothers and Dongho also missed him so much. 

     "Hyun Su---you're so stupid. You left us behind and even caused our precious Mi Ran to cry. Even if you're up there, you should at least try and cheer Meenah up. Remember how we used to hate it when she cried? It was like someone was stabbing our hearts. Why did you have to ditch us like this for such a long time? It'd be nice if you at least put in the efforts to try and find someone to replace you." Dongho complained, looking up at the ceiling. 

     He sighed and took the picture out of the frame. He walked over to the window and opened it up, placing the picture on the sill.

     "Don't worry. There's plently where this came from,"

     Dongho left the room and went downstairs to see you at the table. A slight wind came and picked up the photo of the three smiling kids. The picture did several flips and turns before flying off into the unknown. It disappeared without a single trace. Just like Hyun Su, it was gone. 


Yeah...the idea just came up. Woop. 

@its_JangMi123 Hehehehe thank you ^^ 

@iamawesomeness Kekeke Hiii new reader!! ^-^ I hope you enjoy the story :) <3 ^O^ It doesn't really matter what you write. It can be the utmost randomest thing ever but I really don't care because I'm happy that you read the story and it makes me even happier that you put in the efforts to write a comment :) I wub yewwww <3