Getting Ready for a Date

A New Kind of Love

************

My friend, Taemin, had asked me to go on yet another double date with him and two other girls. Of course i agreed because I had nothing else to do.

Truthfully, I wasn't really interested in these dates. I've gone on so many with Taemin and other girls that it was tiring. Taemin was struggling to find a new girlfriend and wanted me to accompany him but rather than have me as a third wheel, he brought another girl for me. Almost every time, I was paired with a girl who just liked me for my looks. I had tried talking to them conversationally but they got annoyed at the most petty things and only complemented my appearance rather than my character. For this reason I have lost interest fully in dating.

But what can I say? I can't just leave Taemin hanging. And who knows? Perhaps I'll find someone to like.

Back at the dorm I was getting ready for my date. I couldn't decide what to wear when Kibum chimed in. 

"Going on a date?" he asked.

"How did you know?"

"It's not everyday an athlete wears hairgel." He replied, motioning to my gel-ed up hair. Then he took a good look at my face. "You didn't put on makeup did you?"

I shook my head. Right away he went to his bag and pulled out a bottle, a big poofy brush and some small cylindrical container. He came back over. He squeezed some cream out of the bottle and proceeded to rub it in his hands. 

"What are you doing?" I finally asked. 

"You can't go on a date without any BB cream."

Before i could stop him he was already applying it to my whole face. He used both hands to spread the cream all over my face. After he had finished he used the poofy brush to spread some sort of powder on my face. 

After he had finished I finally asked, "What was all that for!?"

"It you're going on a date you should at least make an effort to look nice." Unfortunately i couldnt really argue with him. "It's just BB cream to make your face look better in the light. The powder sets it in place."

"Uhh...thanks? I guess." I replied quietly when he looked at his watch and complained to himself about being late for something. And at that moment he was gone. 

I spent the next few minutes just sitting at my desk, looking at myself in the mirror. I guess the BB cream did work because my face was noticeably more even and bright. I touched my hand to my face, remembering how Kibum confidently walked up to me just to put it on. His hands were interestingly soft...

I finally looked at my phone for the time. It was time for my date. I quickly got up and left the dorm.