Minho's New Life

A New Kind of Love

 

Nine Years Later

 

I finally awoke from my slumber at the touch of two itty bitty hands on my cheeks. I lazily opened my eyes and smiled at the sight of what appeared to be my younger self. 

 

 

No, it was my beautiful seven-year-old son. Everyone says he bears a striking resemblance to me, and I can surely see why. I always see a part of me in his appearance. Which probably explains his good looks. 

 

I patted his small head and brought him closer to me. 

 

"Hey Yoogeun," I whispered, "How are you doing?"

 

"Appa~" he adorably whined. "We're supposed to go to the park today."

 

"You're right." I turned over onto my side to face my wife. "Yoogeun, wake your mom up."

 

He crawled over to his mother's side and cupped her face. "Umma~ wake up. We're supposed to go to the park today."

 

His mom smiled and blinked her eyes open. She held her son's hands. "Good morning sweetie. You're up early today."

 

"It's not early Umma. When are we going to the park?"

 

She widened her eyes in realization. "You're right!" She turned toward me. "Minho, what time is it?"

 

"It's 9:30, honey."

 

"Shoot!" She scrambled out of bed onto her feet. "I have to make you and Sooyoung breakfast! And I'm gonna be late for work! Minho! Why didn't you wake me!?"

 

I sat up and placed Yoogeun on my lap. "Because it's Saturday and we don't have work today?"

 

Her reaction was priceless: She raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes in shock before awkwardly giggling in embarrassment. Yoogeun and I laughed playfully. 

 

"Minho you son of- I mean- oh just help me get ready!" 

 

I helped her and myself get ready for the day. After making breakfast with Yoogeun and our four-year-old daughter Sooyoung, we went to the local park and goofed around. My wife and I have been busy lately, so we made it a point today to have fun with our children and forget about work. 

 

 

 

...Yea, I have a wife now. And two kids. Seems as if that Paris phone call never happened, right?

 

 

 

Actually, Key did call me and we figured everything would be alright. We talked to each other everyday, even if it was just passing a couple of text messages. 

 

For a while, everything was perfectly fine. We acted as if we were simply in a long-distance relationship, and that's exactly what we had. But all that changed when my dad caught me skyping with him. He confiscated my phone and laptop for a whole two months and I couldn't make any new calls or texts. Then something weird happened where when I got them back, Key wouldn't answer any of my calls. I don't know. What I do know is that the whole thing was a mess. 

 

I was especially angry with my dad during that time, and I made no effort to hide it. But there was not much I could do. My dad was very rich and influential, so for every fight we had he threatened to publicize it and make my life worse than it already was. So with that power, he arranged for me to marry the daughter of this wealthy businessman. 

 

I tried to defy him. I even threatened to go to Paris to search for Key but with no avail. He went through great lengths to prevent me from being able to purchase a plane ticket. So I was evidently forced to marry the rich guy's daughter. 

 

After that, I never spoke with Key again. Although, there was that one time I accidentally found him on Skype. It was during my wife's second pregnancy. Yoogeun was crying from an injury and my wife couldn't help because she was in intense pain from her pregnancy. After having not spoken to him for about five years, the experience clearly shocked the both of us. 

 

 

**Flashback**

 

"Umma it hurts! Umma help me!"

 

"Everything's going to be alright sweetie!" She was lying on the sofa in pain. "MINHO!! Get the first aid kit from my room! Quickly!"

 

I ran to our room and rummaged for the first aid kit. I had forgotten where it was kept, and in panic I swatted my hand against my laptop which caused a familiar face to pop up on the screen. I froze when I recognized the face. 

 

At first he was casually sitting in some office chair in his room (I presume) browsing the internet. But the moment our eyes met, he jumped back. A moment of silence followed, allowing both of us to process the figure in front. "Minho?" He whispered. 

 

"Kibum?" I was speechless to say the least because in that moment, my whole life seemed to come together again. In that moment, I had rediscovered something hidden deep in the roots of my past. It's like I'd been searching long and hard for that one piece of me that I didn't even realize was missing, and in that moment, I had found it. 

 

He looked a bit different, naturally since it had been so long. He'd reverted to his natural hair color and gotten some extra piercings in his ears. He was wearing a white tank top but had no makeup on. His arms looked different too, I think. Nonetheless, even if I hadn't seen him in a long time, he still looked effortlessly  beautiful. 

 

Before I could respond, I snapped out of my thoughts when the agony in my wife and son's screams pierced my ears. I quickly searched for and retrieved the first aid kit. But before leaving I turned back to the laptop. "Don't go anywhere." He nodded.  I took one more second to look at Kibum before leaving. 

 

I rushed back to the living room to tend to my family. After all that was taken care of I snuck my way back to the bedroom, hoping that Key was still there. Unfortunately, I'll never know, because my dad had gotten to the laptop first. He shut it before I could even say hi to Kibum. 

 

**End of Flashback**

 

 

I'll be honest though, although I frequently miss Kibum, I'm not exactly miserable. I mean, I'm actually kinda glad that I got to marry who I did and not some other girl. She's a wonderful person. She's bubbly and hilarious and honest. She didn't care much about one' looks, rather one's heart. And she's also allowed me the opportunity - twice, in fact - to be a father, which is something I most certainly do not regret. Yoogeun and Sooyoung are the most beautiful things in the world, and I am absolutely grateful to my wife for being able to have them. So to a certain extent, I really do love her. 

 

It wouldn't be a lie to say that I loved my family, but it would be to say I was completely satisfied. Kibum holds a place in my heart that no one else can top.  Perhaps I'm pondering too much on the past, but it's difficult to not get nostalgic when you're driving somewhere and John Legend's "All of Me" comes on the radio. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wow I can't believe it's been five months since I started this fic. and i cant believe we're FINALLY at the part where Minho's married. yep, he's married. what do u think will happen when Minkey reunite? :o

 

also fyi Minho's daughter is supposed to be Joy from Red Velvet, not SNSD's Sooyoung. (I originally planned for Yeri but I already used that for Jong's daughter. And it turns out Joy's birth name is Park SooYoung so there ya go :P)

 

 

 

on a side now ISNT MINHO'S WIFE SOO EFFIN PRETTY!?!? (i swear she's tryin so hard to wreck my bias list)

 

 

Minho's Wife:

 

 

Yoogeun & Sooyoung