Disillusioned Pt.2

A New Kind of Love
 
 
I lay myself down next to Key on the small hospital bed. We chatted a lot while we were alone in that room. We laughed at how he would explain his situation rationally to his boss. We also talked about how to deal with Taemin. For now we just decided to give him more time to accept things the way they were. 
 
"Key, the nurses want me out soon. I'll come back as soon as I can ok?"
 
He nodded approvingly. "Take your time. And don't even think about using me as an excuse to flunk your classes."
 
I chuckled. "I got it. I promise I won't do that. I will come by soon though."
 
"And I'll wait patiently til then."
 
We kissed when we were certain the nurses weren't looking. On the way back home, conflicted feelings crossed my mind. On one hand, I was relieved nothing life-threatening happened to Key. On the other hand, I was bothered by not knowing how my father found out. Did he hire a private investigator or something? And there's no way he could have accessed my laptop like Taem-
 
Wait... Taemin did this?
 
No, he couldn't have. As angry as he was at me, there's no way he would so something like this. He's not that kind of person. Or, so I thought...
 
 
 
I caught up on schoolwork while I was alone at the apartment. Later in the evening someone rang my doorbell. I opened the door and immediately regretted it. 
 
"Hey." the visitor casually greeted. 
 
I rolled my eyes. "What is it, Tae? I'm not in the mood to talk." 
 
He welcomed himself in. I made my way over to the kitchen just so I wouldn't have to look at him. 
 
"I'll forgive you for hiding from me, but not for what you've done."
 
"Taemin, forget it. You're not gonna accept my love for Key. Unless you've tried to change-"
 
"I told your father about you two."
 
 
 
Taemin why the Hell would you do that!? This couldn't be true. He and Key were friends. H-He couldn't do that to him. He wouldn't... but he did. 
 
I slowly turned to face him. 
 
"He's worried about you." He continued. "He deserves to know what going on. He and I are here to help you. And if you want, I can get you help without him knowing. You may be mad now but I'm doing all this for your own good."
 
My insides burned with rage. Taemin didn't show a of guilt. He stood there, confident in his choices. That did it for me. 
 
"For my own good?" I inched in his direction and gradually charged forward. "For my own good!?"
 
I grabbed his collar before he could escape and punched him angrily. "YOU SON OF A !!!" I yelled. 
 
I punched him so hard. I couldn't believe I did that. But I was too enraged to repent for what I just did. I released his shirt and he fell to the ground. "Minho what the Hell!?"
 
"You betrayed me! You told him! How could you!?"
 
He stood up and raised his hand to his now bleeding lip. "Minho, listen to me. You may be angry now, but I promise you I'm doing what's best for both you and Key."
 
I scoffed sarcastically in frustration. "Yea, you sure are. Having Key in the hospital is supposed to help him. To teach him that it's wrong to fall in love otherwise you could end up dead."
 
He raised an eyebrow. "What hospital? Don't exaggerate, Minho. I'm serious."
 
"I'm serious too! How could you do that to your friend!? Do you know how worried I was that Key wouldn't wake up in that bed? That perhaps those guys had intention to kill?"
 
"Kill!? Minho! What are you talking about!?"
 
"Stop acting all coy and clueless. Key's in the hospital because you couldn't keep a secret and we both know it."
 
He paused before replying and lowering his tone. "Key- Key's seriously in the hospital? W-What happened?"
 
Is this kid serious? Does he really think he can come off as innocent? "I know you and my dad 'the referee' planned his attack."
 
"Attack!? Key was attacked!?" He blinked rapidly. "Minho I promise I didn't-"
 
"Get out."
 
"Minho please I-"
 
"Get out! Don't make me say it a third time!"
 
He brought his hands together. "Minho please listen to me!"
 
"You've said enough." I growled. "I don't wanna see you. Leave. Now." 
 
He didn't speak after that. For a couple of moments we just stared at each other, too timid to speak. With widened eyes, he slowly turned and left the door. 
 
I collapsed on the couch. I didn't want to go to bed not because Key wasn't there, but because I'd be reminded of why Key wasn't there. 
 
I didn't need to cry. I let out all my anger and frustration when I punched Taemin. 
 
***TAEMIN***
 
I walked along the beach shore lost on my thoughts. It didn't make sense to me. None of it. All this time I opposed Minho and Key's 'relationship' because it was right. I thought all Mr. Choi wanted to do was help them, not hurt them...
 
He sent hitmen after Key? For what? To scare him? That's not the way to teach someone... But then again... was it really worth it? Hurting someone just because you don't like who they're with?
 
I lightly touched my bruised lip and recalled the earlier events that occurred at Minho's house. In all the years I've known Minho I've never seen him act like that. He was angry and violent, but he was defending something he felt strongly about. He was defending something - or someone rather - that he loved. I've never seen him like that. Not once. 
 
He even went as far as to punch me, his friend since the start, just to protect someone he loved. I've never seen him act like that for any girl he's dated. 
 
The more I thought about it, the more guilt overcame me. My big mouth resulted in the loss of my best friend, and possibly another. 
 
The least I could do was apologize and repent. At least let him know I still care about him. 
 
Without hesitation, I drove to the hospital. 
 
 
***3RD PERSON POV***
 
Taemin opened the door and came across his coworker, who had his eyes serenely closed. He opened them when he heard the door open. 
 
Instead of smiling at the sight of his friend, Key frowned. "Taemin." 
 
"Hi Key. How you doin'?" Taemin asked quietly. 
 
Key waited a moment before answering. "I know you know about us, Taemin. If you came here to berate me over my relationship with Minho-"
 
"I'm not. I came to apologize."
 
Key raised an eyebrow. "Apologize for opposing us?"
 
Taemin jerked his head back. "I take it Minho hasn't told you yet."
 
"Told me... what?"
 
Taemin sat down next to Key and caressed his hand. "What are you doing-"
 
"I've made a huge mistake. I wish I could take it back."
 
Now Key grew worried. "What is it?"
 
Taemin took a deep breath. "When I found out you and Minho were in a relationship, I didn't know how to react. I... I never thought something like this would ever occur in my life. I panicked. I was angry that something so major was hidden from me for so long. Minho's very close with me, and learning something so out of the ordinary about him shocked me. I...I didn't know how to deal with it. I thought opposing it was the right thing to do because I've seen others do it. I erroneously thought that what Minho was doing was such a bad thing that I..." Tears filled his eyes but didn't spill just yet. "I told Mr. Choi."
 
That broke Key internally. "Y-You told him...?"
 
Taemin finally released his tears. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know this would happen."
 
Key's lip quivered. "How could you..." 
 
"Listen to me, Kim Kibum," Taemin cupped the other's face. "I don't want forgiveness. I don't deserve it. And if there was any way I could take back what I did, I would. And also, don't blame Minho for any of this. He had nothing to do with this. It's all on me. Nobody else. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry I let it happen. You didn't deserve any of this."
 
Key gently removed the other's hands from his face. "Could you please leave?"
 
"Key please I-"
 
"I need time to think. Please. Just go so I don't have to be mad with you."
 
Trying to dry up his tears, Taemin hugged Key deeply before departing through the door, leaving Key to linger over the events that put him in that room in the first place. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 30 WOOHOO! lol here's part 2!  yep. another serious chapter. looks like Taemin's had a change of heart :,) for those curious (minor SPOILER) there will be a time jump. and a weird ending. it's a hapy one i promise! but weird. lol  hope u enjoyed this :) lemme know what u think. ik i say that pretty much every chapter but i like feedback that's all. i like hearing from u guys.  lol  stay tuned!