Betrayal

A New Kind of Love
 
 
***TAEMIN***
 
How could he do such a despicable thing!? And how could he not tell me!?!? He hid this from me for THREE YEARS!? THREE YEARS!? Such a friend he is. 
 
So all this time I was trying to get a girlfriend he told me he "wanted to stay single" when he was really on that dude's ! How the hell could he be gay!? I mean, I guess that's why he wasn't interested in girls but still... how...
 
"Taemin, you ok?" I looked up. It was Key who had asked me the question. He had a look of worry written all over his face. 
 
As much as I wanted to lash out at him for hiding something so big from me, I didn't have the heart to follow through. He looked so innocent... I don't know. Key has grown very close to me over the time we worked together. I wasn't ready to be mad at him. I didn't want to do something to ruin our flourishing camaraderie. 
 
"Yea, I'm fine. Just... tired that's all. Didn't get much sleep." I replied after some hesitation. 
 
We usually talked a lot at work, but today I tried to avoid him. I was still angry that they kept this hidden for so long. And even when they moved in together I didn't suspect a thing. I decided I'd talk to my best friend first about this whole situation. 
 
 
***MINHO***
 
 
"Alright I'm coming!" I answered the angry pounding on the door of our apartment. It was Taemin. "Taemin why are you-"
 
"Explain this." He demanded bluntly. He held up my laptop. My whole world came to a halt as my mind processed the photo on the screen. It was a photo I took a while ago with Key. We were making out and embracing each other in arms. "Well?"
 
"Taemin I can expla-"
 
"Then do it!" He raised his voice. "Explain how you could do such a thing! Doing all this to another guy and hiding it from me!? How could you?"
 
I hung my head back. This was EXACTLY why I hid it from him. "I knew you wouldn't like it so I hid it from you."
 
"For three years!"
 
"Four, really..." I mumbled. 
 
"Four!? How!? Minho, listen to me: you're not in love with him. You're only doing this because you think you love him."
 
Yep. Exactly why I didn't want to tell him. I scoffed. "Are you for real, Tae? You're telling me how to love? After you dumped all those girls you dated?"
 
"Shut up! You know what I mean!"
 
"No, Taemin, I don't. I love Key and you can't tell me otherwise. You don't even know what love is. So who are you to tell me my love isn't real?"
 
That seemed to stop him. He didn't come back with anything. Instead he shook his head and muttered "Forget it." and made his way to the door.
 
"Taemin, I don't care how angry you are. Don't you dare tell Key or I will-"
 
"Fine. Whatever." He stormed out the door. 
 
 
 
 
I had a huge headache after that. Metaphorically; I was frustrated that Taemin finally found out. I was so stupid for putting pictures on my computer. 
 
He felt used and betrayed, but he still didn't approve of my relationship with Key. Which got me thinking: would it really make much of a difference if I told him beforehand?
 
 
 
 
Key finally came home after a while and sat next to me on the couch. He pecked my cheek.  
 
He looped his arm in mine. "I wanted to ask you: Taemin's been acting weird lately. He seems distant. Do you know why?" His smile vanished when I didn't respond. "Baby what's wrong?"
 
I look at the TV in front of us. "He knows." I muttered. 
 
"Knows wha-"
 
"He knows about us Key." I released my frustration in my tone. 
 
Key didn't reply. He just blinked, still processing the news. "H-He knows..."
 
"Yep. He had my laptop and had access to my private files with all our pictures."
 
He covered his mouth in shock. "What did he say? I mean, how did he react?"
 
"Well, he's naturally upset that we both kept this from him. Yet, he reacted as I thought he would. He was condescending toward our relationship. He said our love isn't real."
 
He exhaled in frustration. "That bastard. I'd kill him if I wasn't friends with him. How could he say-"
 
 
"Exactly what I told him. I think he just needs time to process it. I don't think he's gonna do anything major about it. Just give him time to cool down."
 
"Alright. I'll leave him alone at work then."
 
 
***TAEMIN***
 
The next day.
 
I knocked on the door. Coach Choi - or Mr. Choi as I like to call him - opened up. A smile spread across his face when he saw me.
 
"Taemin! Oh what a surprise!" He welcomed me into a hug. "It's been quite a while, hasn't it?"
 
"Yea, Mr. Choi. It has been. May I come in, sir?"
 
"Of course, boy! You're always welcome in the Choi household."
 
He led me in and treated me to some snacks and a glass of wine. 
 
We talked for a while before I decided to talk about why I came in the first place. 
 
"Mr. Choi, there's something I need to tell you about Minho. I'm worried for him."
 
"Worried? What is it?"
 
I took a deep breath. "Earlier this week Minho lent me his laptop for work. I discovered some disturbing photos on it."
 
He raised his eyebrows. "Disturbing? What kind of photos?"
 
I had sent some of the photos to my phone earlier. I showed the phone to him. He slowly swiped through and processed each and every photo. His face became more serious as he swiped through.
 
"How long has this been going on?"
 
"Honest, sir. I just found out this week and planned on telling you the minute I found them. There were tons more photos on the laptop. Some dating back to three to four years ago."
 
"Three to four years..." He looked like he was thinking to himself.
 
"I should've suspected something when they moved in together-"
 
"They moved in together!?" He raised his voice. 
 
I nodded. "I'm sorry, sir. I should have told you before. I didn't think it was anything like this."
 
He stayed quiet. "That impudent bastard..."
 
"Sir?" 
 
He slowly stood up and made his way to the telephone. 
 
I watched him in comfusion. "Sir what are you doing?"
 
"Don't mind me. I'm just making a few... business calls. Nothing related to this." He stood with his back facing me. "Thank you for telling me, son." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
finally had time to craft this! wow i cant believe how fast this story is going. and have no fear, taemints, Taemin won't be like this the rest of the story. I promise~
hoped u enjoy this update! :)) what do u think's gonna happen next?