I Got Nobody

A New Kind of Love

The drive back was quiet. I told Kibum when we left that I lied to my dad. I told my dad that I was going through a phase and that it was the only way to ensure Kibum wouldn't get hurt in the future. But he wouldn't respond. And after that the rest of the trip was quiet. 

 
After a while we finally reached Kibum's house. When I pulled up in front, he didn't move. 
 
"We're here." I turned to face him. His face was still a bit red from the hot tea, and his gaze wasn't focused anywhere. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Are you ok?"
 
"Yea I'm fine." He said monotonously. 
 
I caressed his hands in mine. "Kibum, tell me what's wrong. If it's about what happened back there... if it's me your mad at-"
 
"I'm not mad at you." He said, turning to face me. 
 
"Then what is it?" I cupped his face. "Kibum, you can tell me anything. D-Did I hurt you? Was it my dad? If it is-"
 
"Minho can we not talk about it?" He complained. He removed my hands from his face. His hand went to my cheek. "I'll call you later." He gave me a light peck on the cheek and left.
 
It bothered me while I was driving back to Taemin's house. What was he thinking? He was definitely not fine after what just happened. Maybe he lost trust in me because of my dad. Maybe he's mad cuz I thought it would go well but it didn't. Or that I couldn't stop my dad from throwing tea at him and hurting him.
 
Whatever it is, it's gonna take a lot from me to earn back his trust. It's gonna be a hell of a ride but I'm willing to take it if it means I get my boyfriend back. 
 
***KEY***
 
After I walked into the house, I trudged up the stairs and to my room. When I got there, I planked onto the bed and buried my face in my pillow. All the emotions and feelings of frustration that I had bottled up inside me came rushing out in tears and sobs. 
 
My throat was aching from keeping all the tears in. I screamed into the pillow to let my frustration out. I was humiliated by the coach of the national team. I couldn't dare see him again. He nearly burned my face from that tea. And Minho's just telling him it's a 'phase'? He's really gonna let his dad win? How am I supposed to believe that? How the Hell is Minho gonna hide from his own father??
 
"Kibummie, will you come out?" My mom asked, knocking on the door. I didn't answer. I was too frustrated to deal with other people. 
 
She came into my room anyway and sat down next to me. I felt her hand rub the back of my neck. "Kibummie what's wrong?"
 
Her touch was enough to bring me closer to her. We rearranged ourselves so my head was resting on her lap. She continued rubbing my neck. "Tell me, sweetie."
 
I tried not to cry. "W- Well- something terrible happened. M-Minho and I made a huge mistake."
 
"You and Minho? What is it?" My lips quivered. I was gonna cry again. "Sweetie, no matter what happens Appa and I will always love you. You know you can tell me anything."
 
Her words were so touching that it unleashed a whole new batch of tears. She wiped them away with her thumbs. "Do you really mean that?" I said in between sobs.
 
"Of course I do! We all make mistakes! No one's perfect. Now tell me what is it?"
 
I sniffed and tried to talk. "M-Minho and I went to his place to tell his dad. About us."
 
She nodded and brushed my hair with her fingertips. My parents were the only people who could touch my hair without any objections from me. "And I guess that didn't go well?"
 
I nodded. "H-He called me a . H-H-He threw tea at me. He said I was trying to corrupt Minho."
 
"And what did Minho do?"
 
"He told his dad he was going through a phase and he'd get over it soon. And then he kissed me in front of his dad." My feelings started pouring out. "I feel so stupid! Thinking that he'd stick up for me. For thinking that he'd stand up to his dad and say that he loves me. For even thinking that he loves me. Instead he's gonna lie to him. I feel... I feel like I'm hiding from his father and that I'm doing something immoral! I don't know I-"
 
"Kim Kibum, look at me." I sat up and she cupped my face. "What Minho's father did was wrong. I can go talk with him if you'd like-"
 
"No Mom, He's gonna shun you. He's the coach of the national soccer team, did you know that?"
 
"No I did not know that. If that's the case, then forget about meeting him. You're upset because Minho didn't defend you?" 
 
I nodded. 
 
"Maybe he had no choice."
 
"Come again?"
 
"Kibum, it's clear he loves you dearly. Perhaps hiding from his father was the only way he could keep you?"
 
I know that Minho loves me. He's said it multiple times to me and to our friends. I guess if his dad really couldn't accept us...
 
She ruffled my hair. "Look, I wish I could say that he'll eventually accept your relationship and all will be good. Sadly, I can't promise that that will be the case. And I can't tell Minho's father how to run his family. I know in my heart that you two love each other and if you two want to be together, by all means, stay together."
 
At that moment my father came into the room with a big smile on his face. "Honey, it was Jonghyun."
 
"Not now, sweetie." She whispered. 
 
His joyous expression turned to worry as he rushed over to my side. "Kibum! What's with all these tears?"
 
"He had a falling out with Minho's father. He didn't approve of their relationship. So he and Minho are gonna hide it from him. But Kibum's scared."
 
With a distraught expression, he pulled me into one of his warm hugs. I hugged back like a child embracing his father. Just like he would do when I was younger and got hurt, he rubbed my back soothingly and shushed me as I sobbed into his shoulder. 
 
"Kibummie, it's ok." He whispered into my ear. "Everything's gonna be fine." He kissed my temple. "We're gonna help you. We're all here for you."
 
I kissed his cheek. "Th-Thank you so much. I could never ask for better parents."
 
We all hugged embraced in one warm group hug. I wiped my tears away as best as I could and pulled away. "I forgot, Dad, you were saying something about Jonghyun hyung?"
 
"Oh yea. Jonghyun Hyung's wedding is in two and a half weeks! It's gonna take place at the grand hotel his father owns. He's invited the whole family and our friends!"
 
"Omona! That's wonderful!" My mother's face lit up. "Isn't it Kibummie?"
 
"Of course!" I was genuinely excited for Hyung. While I was still unsure about my feelings toward the situation with Minho and his father, for now I decided to let them subside and enjoy this wonderful news. 
 
 
One week later
 
I needed to think this whole situation over. I couldn't stay at the dorm because Minho was bound to be there. If not him, then probably one of our friends. I went to the gym to organize my thoughts. 
 
 
I'd been walking on the treadmill for about half an hour now. I guess Minho pretended to be in a 'phase' to protect me - to protect us - but something about the whole situation still set me off. 
 
I still wasn't ready to talk with him. This clearly didn't work out in my favor because as I was walking I felt a hand touch my arm. I paused the music playing on my phone and turned to see the face I've been trying to avoid. 
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked. 
 
"I should be asking you that. I always come here to exercise. You on the other hand never come here."
 
"I can come here if I want! It's not your gym, you know."
 
He rolled his eyes. "Yea I know. Now when will you stop avoiding me?"
 
"Wh-Who says I'm avoiding you?"
 
"I do. And you seem to agree. After that falling out with my dad you decided not to answer any of my calls and texts. Do you know how worried I was?"
 
"Choi Minho, don't make stuff up." This was the only way I could stop myself from crying. 
 
He scoffed. "What the Hell happened to you? After all I did for you this is how I get treated?"
 
Is he serious? "All you did for me? How about after all you didn't do for me? How about when you let your dad get away with calling me all those things and 'just pretending' like I'm nothing to you, huh?" I raised my voice. 
 
"So that's what this is about? You wanted me to tell him the truth and risk losing a father?"
 
"What else would a boyfriend do for their partner?!"
 
"Yah! You think this is easy for me!? You think I want to hide from everyone!? You think I can just tell my father and it's totally cool if he disowns me!? You seriously have no idea how hard it is do you?" I blinked but didn't respond. "Do you realize how hard it is to hide from everyone? To hide a part of me from the whole world?" He sighed. "How can you? You don't have to hide anything. You have friends who support you. You got them to talk to. You got me. Even your parents are ok with us! Me? I got nobody!" His voice faltered after that. "I got nobody, Kim Kibum. I can't talk to anybody about my feelings. I can't tell my teammates because I've seem how they ridicule others. And I can't tell any of my friends either because I fear they won't talk to me. They'll hate me solely because I love you. And there's no way my dad would accept us so I told him it was a ing phase. And I'm gonna see you in secret." 
 
I didn't know how to respond. I didn't expect any of this. We were both silent. All we could hear was the sound of the treadmill. "If you don't wanna talk, fine. I'll give you your space." Minho left me to linger in my thoughts. 
 
I turned to see him go off. He didn't leave the gym. Instead, he went to the section with the weights and yoga mats to do sit ups. 
 
I turned back to the treadmill and kept walking. Oh who am I kidding?
 
I turned off the treadmill and walked over to him. When he realized I was there he sat up and rested his elbows on his knees. He avoided my eyes. I knelt down beside him. 
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was so hard for you. Keeping us a secret."
 
He looked up at me. "No, I'm sorry. For raising my voice at you."
 
I placed my hand on his cheek. "Don't be sorry. I was overreacting. I- I took what I had for granted. I didn't realize you couldn't talk to anyone. Not your dad. Not your friends..."
 
He held my hand and kept it near his soft, warm cheek. "It's ok. I want to hide it. If that's the only way I can keep you then so be it."
 
Our hands naturally intertwined and they fell from Minho's cheek. I looked down at our joined hands and then back at him. "They're your friends too, you know. My friends. You can talk to them if you need to."
 
He smiled. "Thanks."
 
"Or to me cuz I don't like it when you hide stuff from me."
 
He laughed. "I wouldn't dream of it."
 
Our faces were just inches away from each other. We naturally leaned into a kiss. It started out really slow and sweet. As if almost by instinct, Minho pulled me closer to him, forcing my knees on the floor on either side of him. My arms naturally enclosed his neck while his hands gripped my waist. 
 
I pulled away from our kiss. "Won't people see us?" 
 
"Trust me. I'm practically the only one who comes here."
 
That was enough for me (truth be told I didn't really care if anyone saw us at thae moment). I leaned down to kiss him again. This time, the kiss was deeper and more intimate. I pushed myself forward, forcing Minho to lie down on his back. I lay directly on top of him. His hands traveled all over my back and to my thighs as I grasped his neck and left kisses all over. He closed his eyes and moaned so seductively it . 
 
I abruptly pulled away from his neck. "What was that for?"
 
"I wanted to ask you something. You remember Jonghyun hyung?"
 
"Sunbae? Yea I remember him."
 
"He's getting married next weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me."
 
"Sure. I'd love to! Now can we go back to kissing?"
 
"Not here. The floor here is too hard. Let's go back to the dorm. We can snog all we want there."
 
We both stood up and walked arm in arm out of the gym. "I dunno, Key, it's difficult to make out on a bed and not get ."
 
"Stop complaining. I get every time we make out."
 
"I should be careful then." He teased. 
 
I pouted. "Hey!"
 
He pecked my cheek. "You know I love you right?"
 
"Of course I know. I love you more though."
 
We kept bickering like this on our way to the dorm.
 
That's right: Jong's coming back! Hope you guys enjoyed. As always feedback is appreciated. And if u havent already check out my other fic: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/985053/the-little-things-minkey-onew-ontae-romance-shinee