Finally

A New Kind of Love

"I guess it's official now." Yuri shyly smiled. "You are now officially my ex-husband."

"And you are now my ex-wife." Minho chuckled. "And I supposed we split custody with the kids?"

"Oh shut up. We still live together." They both chuckled comfortably. 

A peaceful silence filled the space. Minho looked down at his hands. "It's crazy how six months flew by so quickly."

"I'm suprised it's been ten years since I married you. Remember how we couldn't even look at each other at our own wedding?"

Minho rolled his eyes. "And when we kissed for the first time at our own wedding?"

Yuri laughed. "That was so awkward! I never thought I'd be able to look at you again after that!"

"And we moved in together so soon afterward." 

Yuri chuckled at the memory. "Amazing how a decade can fly by so quickly."

"Yeah." Minho sighed. He looked down at the evening view of the landscape for a little longer before he decided to break the silence. "Yuri, have you thought about dating at all?"

Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Me?" Minho nodded. She sighed. "For right now, I don't think I'm interested in dating anyone. Now, I'm going to focus on our kids and our new arrangement. Maybe in the future, I'll think about it."

"Yoona, Taemin and I could set you up with someone."

Yuri chuckled. "Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'm gonna stay single for now."

"Okay." He paused and pulled something out of his pocket.

His wedding ring. Their wedding ring. 

Yuri's eyes widened at the sight of it. She looked up at Minho curiously. He looked into her eyes, and lifted her hand from her side. He placed the small gold band in her palm and closed her fingers around it.

"I won't be needing this any longer. Keep this for yourself, Yuri-ssi. Find someone better than me. Find someone who will love you the way you deserve to be loved."

Yuri, heart touched, looked up into her now ex-husband's eyes, then down at their conjoined hands, and pulled her hand away to look at the ring. Their wedding rings united them in holy matrimony for a decade, and now, it was time to move on. Now, it was time to let the past go and truly become independent.

She looked back at Minho's eyes and smiled.

***

Minho and Yuri still lived together, raising both Yoogeun and Sooyoung. Key, now legally their godfather, came over often to babysit; in fact, he frequently spent the night there. He dated Minho in their freetime and hung out with Yuri in their group of friends. They frequented the mall and spa while Minho, Taemin, and/or Soojung looked after the kids. Taemin and Soojung visited more frequently since they were expecting their first child, and looked to Minho and Yuri for help and guidance. Months passed before the the five of them decided to have Key move in permanently. By then, the whole Choi family had grown to love Key and even thought of him as their own family member. 

Mr. Choi remained distant. Minho had not talked to him since  his father's previous visit, and he did not mind it at all. He had been through too much pain and betrayal to take pity on Mr. Choi or beg for forgiveness, but he kept an open mind, and he and Yuri promised themselves that they would wholeheartedly welcome Mr. Choi back into the family if he decided to change his ways. Meanwhile, Key eventually confessed to his own parents his situation with Minho. And while Mr. Kim, or Jinki, was not all too happy with Key dating Minho again, he could not help but enjoy the time he spent with his new "grandchildren". 

"Aish... I still can't believe I'm even looking at you right now." 

Key rolled his eyes. "Appa~ get over it. Eat your lunch. It's getting cold."

Jinki sighed and ate. "Kibum-ah, I'm still not okay with it. After all that happened-"

"Appa, I know what happened, and we've all moved on from it."

"Yes, honey," Mrs. Kim added. "Can't you see that our Kibum's happy where he is now? And besides, he's back with us, back with his friends, and now we don't have to worry about Minho's father. Be thankful that Minho's exwife is even treating us to this wonderful homecooked lunch and letting us be apart of the family."

Jinki pouted. "I guess you're right. I can't be mad at her for being innocent in this hell of a mess."

"Appa~ we've all already gotten over that. It's time for you to get over it. There's no reason to antagonize Minho and his family any more."

"Kibum-ah~ I'm trying here. Have sympathy for me, will you? How often does a man have to deal with his son dating his married ex?"

"Appa, he's divorced now. I didn't feel comfortable telling you earlier because I knew you'd react this way."

Yuri smiled brightly as she walked Sooyoung to her seat, which was right next to Jinki, and sat beside Key. She leaned forward, elbows on the table, and rested her head on her hands. She stared at Jinki in fascination and changed the topic.

"You know, I listened to your music all throughout high school."

Jinki raised his eyebrows. "Did you now?"

Yuri nodded earnestly. "I love your voice. And now you're the new grandfather of my children." She turned to Key. "Key-goon, you're really something. You're a fashionista AND related to THE LEE JINKI!?? Now I'm even more happy I met you!"

Mrs. Kim and Minho chuckled, Key blushed, and Jinki scoffed quietly. 

Key deadpanned. "Come on, Appa. Aren't you at least a little happy now that you have grandchildren?" Key motioned toward Sooyoung, forcing Jinki to turn to look at her cherubic face.

She flashed her irresistable eye smile at him. "You look like a fairy with your gray hairs!" She giggled giddily while the adults chuckled. 

Jinki jumped back at the remark, but the wide smile on Sooyoung's face slowly brought one to his own, and he could not stop himself from chuckling.

"My gray hairs?"

"Yea! You look like a pretty fairy with them!"

The adults giggled again. Jinki scoffed and gently patted the little girl's head. 

"You're alright, kid."

Sooyoung raised her arms to grab Jinki's large hand. "What do I call you, gray fairy?"

Minho chuckled. "You could call him hal-appa."

"Hal-appa?" Key asked. 

"Well, my dad was called hal-abeoji, or Grampa, and Yuri's parents are Grandma and Grandpa, so I think hal-appa would fit you best."

Jinki scoffed again. "Aish~ I don't want to sound so old."

"But you're old anyway, so what difference does it make?" Key replied bluntly. 

Yuri almost spit out her iced tea. Minho and Mrs. Kim guffawed while Jinki turned as red as a tomato. And Yoogeun and Sooyoung, confused about why their father was laughing so hard, burst into playful giggles of their own. 

When the laughter quieted down, Jinki shook his head in frustration. "Aniya! Just have them call me Onew~"

Mrs. Kim petted her husband on the head and motioned for him to finish his lunch. Albeit awkward initially, Mr. and Mrs. Kim eventually grew to love their new grandchildren and their mother.

 

And as the kids grew up, they grew used to having three parents raise them. Key fit into the family well, and was oftentimes used as a mediator when it came to arguments.

 

"How was I supposed to know that you were planning on having the last Choco Pie!?"

"Yah Choi Minho! You know I love Choco Pies! You should have known that I was planning on eating it!"

Sooyoung and Yoogeun sat on either side of the sofa while Key sat in the middle and watched stoically. 

"So Yuri-ssi, you were not aware that Minho had eaten the last Choco Pie?"

Yuri nodded. 

"And Minho, you did not ask whether or not Yuri was planning on having it?"

"I mean, I thought she already had one so-"

"You thought, but did not bother to ask?"

Minho pouted. "Kibum-ah~ you're supposed to side with me!"

Key walked over to him and leaned forward. "Minho-ya, I can't side with you on everything. That's biased."

"Kibum-ah~"

"Yah Minho, you put this on yourself. You should have asked Yuri-ssi first before you hogged the last Choco Pie for yourself."

"Kim Kibum~!"

Key leaned into his ear. "Just apologize to her. I'll make it up to you tonight in bed."

And with a whiny pout from Minho, the argument was resolved, and Key continued to act as an impartial third party in all arguments within the family.

The family of five continued to live together, and nothing but laughs and smiles filled their memories once Key had moved in. And it was even more smiles for Key and Minho, who finally got to kiss their loved one goodnight every day for the rest of their lives. Now, they would grow old together and live out their final days in each other's arms.

Yuri was not bothered with Key living with them; in fact, she was all the more happy that her new friend was just down the hall. But the question remained, would Yuri ever move out?

She decided that she would hold off on dating until she was ready, and she would not worry about moving out until either the kids were in college or until she had found someone. 

What Yuri did not realize, though, is that she did not have to wait long to meet someone. 

Just two years after Key moved in, a new instructor came to work at her gym.

"Bye, Hyoyeon-ah! I'll see you next week!" Yuri waved her friend and colleage goodbye and made her way to the exit when a handsome fellow stopped her. 

"Hey there. You teach yoga, right?"

Yuri nodded eagerly. "Yes. How can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Jung Yunho. I'm the new workout instructor and I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind showing me around here?"

"Gladly! I love working here and I think you'll enjoy it here. I'm Kwon Yuri."

"It's very nice to meet you."

Yuri took mental note of his gentle smile and cordial air. "So how about we start with the first floor?"

"Oh yes. That would be a great idea." He nervously chuckled, and Yuri could not help but giggle at his unexpected shyness.

"Well, you can follow me, Yunho-ssi." She smiled back and led him around the floor.

 

 

 

 

***THE END***

Hey guys THANK GOD this is finally over! 

I just want to thank each and every one of you all for putting up with my inconsistent updates and for showing love to my other stories and subscribing and commenting. It really means a lot to me and i wish i could show you how much happiness you guys have given me. and i can't believe this story has around 99 SUBSCRIBERS!! AND THOUSANDS OF VIEWS?!! I COULDNT BE MORE GRATEFUL

i'm happy to finally end this long story, after more than a year of writing it. ik my writing declined as the story went on and i apologize but i'm happy to finally get this, my first fanfic ever, off my shoulders and bring it to closure once and for all. 

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES if you're interested  

i'm so glad i got this in before the new year started. rn it's 12:02 AM on the 26 of December so consider this a late Christmas gift to y'all lol

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE <333

and ik I asked you before if you wanted a chapter, and the people who replied said they wanted one. it's not in this chapter, but if i ever do get down to writing it, it will be an additional chapter. think of it as a deleted scene in a movie or something. 

anyway THANK YOU AGAIN. I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY :)))