Spring Break Talk

A New Kind of Love

Another day at school went by. Nicole, Tiffany and I walked back to my dorm. The girls were arguing - as always - over which design to use for our upcoming fashion show. I walked ahead of them because I didn't want to hear it. Also because I was exhausted as from class today.

 
"Come on, Nicole. This design matches the season and theme of our lineup! Plus it really highlights the model's curves."
 
"It's not bad. But I think this design would fit better with the theme. The colors used are most associated with this season."
 
"I disagree. You don't really see this type of contrast in this season. Key what do you think?"
 
I answered without looking back at them. "I think you two should both shut up already. I'm not in the mood to talk more fashion right now."
 
I unlocked the door to the dorm and we all stepped in. To my surprise, Taemin was lying on Minho's bed, playing on his phone. 
 
"Taemin? What are you doing here? How'd you get in?"
 
"Waiting for Minho. The door was unlocked. The bastard's supposed to come with me to my house for the break."
 
We all settled in the room. "You'll be waiting here a while then. He's always coming late from practice."
 
He rolled his eyes. "Tell me about it."
 
Something caught my attention. "Is that Minho's phone?"
 
"Yup. He left it here." That explained why he wouldn't answer my texts. "Heol~"
 
Nicole looked at Taemin, interested. "What?"
 
He gave the phone to her. "Minho met Onew!!"
 
 
Nicole knows my dad, so she wasn't all too shocked to see him. But I haven't told Tiffany yet, so she was clearly surprised. "What!? Onew!? Lemme see!" She grabbed the phone. "Omo!!" She squealed. "I love him! Kibum! Did you know about this?"
 
Nicole smiled and teased, "Yea Key. Did you know about this?"
 
Taemin was clearly confused. "Why would Key need to know?"
 
I cracked a small smile. "Onew's my father."
 
Tiffany's mouth hung agape. "What!? THE ONEW is your father!?"
 
Taemin shook his head. "Don't talk smack, Key."
 
"Don't believe me?" I searched on my phone for photos of me and Dad. "Take a look at these."
 
A lot of them were more recent but to really prove it, I showed them a photo of him holding me as a baby. 
 
Taemin's eyes widened. "Yah! You're legit?!" I nodded. "Heol~"
 
"Yah Taemin-ah, can you not tell anyone? I don't want the attention."
 
"Alright I won't tell. Wow, neither you nor Minho like the spotlight."
 
Nicole eyeballed me. "I wonder why." She winked at me. I mouthed her to shut up or she's dead.
 
****MINHO****
 
We were all saying our good-byes in the locker room. 
 
"Ok everybody, promise we'll meet next week and hang at the beach ok?"
 
"Ok!"
 
"Aw man I'm gonna miss you."
 
"Yea I'm gonna miss you too."
 
"Don't be all sappy guys. It's just one week."
 
"Aw come here you!"
 
It was surprisingly bittersweet. One dude actually cried. Guess they didn't like waiting, even if it's just a week. 
 
When I got back to the dorm Taemin and Key were already there, with Nicole and Tiffany. 
 
"Wow it's crowded in here." I commented, exhausted.
 
Taemin was on my bed. He sat up. "You forgot your phone." He said and tossed it to me. "So when are we going?"
 
"Just gimme some time to get my things together."
 
"Why? We're not leaving forever. It's just one week."
 
"I wanna bring a few things back with me."
 
Taemin scoffed. "Like your collection of Onew CDs?"
 
"Yah!" Yep. I love Onew. I liked listening to him in middle school. I had a lot of his albums. I decided to change the subject. "Here. Take these and sit in the car." I tossed my keys to him. "Don't drive off without me."
 
"I wouldn't dream of it." He replied sarcastically and left the room. 
 
I turned toward the other people in the room. "Hey guys."
 
Nicole was just staring at me. "It's amazing how whenever Taemin's here you completely forget about us."
 
"I don't forget about you guys."
 
"Really? You didn't say hi to any of us until he left."
 
"My bad. I'm sayin' it now. Hi guys what's up?"
 
Tiffany answered this time. "Not much. Actually, good thing you're here. Look at these two designs," she shoved two drawings into my hands. "Which one looks better?"
 
I don't know smack about fashion so I just picked a random one. "That one."
 
"Yes!!" she cheered and turned back to Nicole. "Nicole, we're going with my design."
 
Nicole groaned. "Ah whatever. Mine will be picked for the next show."
 
Key walked up to me and looped his arm in mine. "Honey, Taemin saw photos of you and my dad. What if he sees photos of us?"
 
"Don't worry about that. I kept photos of your dad cuz we both like him. There can't be any harm in that. Then again he is your dad..."
 
"Oh that's ok. I already told him he's my dad. I just said you really wanted to meet him so I surprised you."
 
"That's great. And I kept the photos of you and me hidden."
 
"Hidden?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow. 
 
"Don't worry. It's in a place where he and everyone else can't find them."
 
"Where's that?"
 
I smiled. "I'm not gonna tell you."
 
"Are you gonna tell me honey?" Key asked. He fluttered his eyebrows and flashed a cute smile. 
 
"I'll tell you later, jagiya."
 
"'Honey'? 'Jagiya'?" Tiffany intervened. The girls giggled. 
 
Nicole added. "Can you guys be any more cute??"
 
Key blushed. "Shut up."
 
I smiled at him and turned back to the group. "What are you guys doing over the break?"
 
Tiffany's lips curled into the biggest smile I've ever seen. "Taeyeon and I are going to Jeju Island."
 
"Heol~" Nicole remarked. "I'm so jealous. I'm just hanging out with my family at our beach house. What about you guys?"
 
I answered first. "I'm just hanging with Taemin. We're gonna go to the amusement park with some of our other friends." I turned toward Key. "And you, jagiya?"
 
"Stop that, seriously~" He blushed. "I'm actually going for an interview. I applied for internship at this fashion company."
 
"What!?" Tiffany exclaimed. "Which one?"
 
"KKB Company."
 
"You lucky bastard." Nicole chuckled. "It's your dream come true."
 
"Nah it's only an interview. What if they don't accept me?"
 
"Why wouldn't they!? You got the best fashion sense in the whole department!" Tiffany whined. 
 
Nicole checked her phone. "Yah Miyoung, we're supposed to submit our designs in an hour. We should head back."
 
Tiffany pouted. "Alright. See you guys later."
 
And with that they were out the door. Without hesitating, I picked Key up and carried him to the bed. 
 
"Yah Choi Minho! What are you doing? Put me down!"
 
I smirked naughtily as I sat on my bed and placed him on my lap. He wrapped his arms around my neck to keep from falling. I gripped his waist and pecked him on the cheek. 
 
"Kibum-ssi, how've you been?"
 
He leaned in closer to me. "Better now that you're here." He kissed me and pressed his forehead against mine. "Jagiya..."
 
"Yea?"
 
"Are you gonna tell me where you hid those photos of us?"
 
"It's in this app that no one but I can unlock. You wanna see?"
 
He nodded. I got my phone and showed him. There were a bunch of photos of us just posing and some of us cuddling and kissing. I flipped to the first couple photo we ever took - the one where he took a selca and I kissed him by surprise. "This is my favorite one." I smiled. 
 
"Why? I look terrible in this one."
 
My smile slumped. "Why do you say such things? I told you you look great in everything."
 
He pouted. "You look better."
 
At that moment my phone rang. It was my dad calling. I motioned for Key not to talk while I answered the call. With Key still in my lap, I answered. 
 
"Hey dad."
 
"Minho! How are you?"
 
"I'm fine. Actually, I'm great. How about you?"
 
"Oh, you know me. I'm a busy man who only wishes to make time to see his children. You're gonna be at Taemin's for spring break right?"
 
"Yep. But I'll come over as much as I can.  Is Minseok hyung gonna be home?"
 
"He hasn't gotten back to me so I doubt it."
 
"Shame." Key got up from my lap and sat next to me on the bed. He comfortably rested his head on my shoulder, which gave me an idea. "Hey Key, are you free anytime over the break?" 
 
"I might be after Tuesday. Why?" 
 
I went back to the call. "Hey dad, how about I bring a friend over when I come?" Key's head sprung up. 
 
"A friend? What do you mean?"
 
"It's someone I'd like you to meet. It's a new friend I made at Genie. I think you'll like him."
 
"Really? Uh- Sure. I'm open to meeting some of your new friends."
 
"Ok. I gotta go. I'll call you before I come. Bye dad! Love you!"
 
"Love you too son. Bye." I promptly hung up. 
 
"What's that about?" Key asked, cute and confused at the same time. 
 
"I've been thinking about telling my dad about you for a while. I think now would be a good time."
 
"Are you sure he's not gonna be mad?"
 
"Honestly I don't know. But I'd like him to meet you. And at the least I can introduce you as just a friend. What do you say?"
 
He twisted his face into a doubtful look. "Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet your father. But wait, he's the national coach! Why would he like me!?"
 
"He likes people who are creative and free-spirited. And besides, who doesn't like you?"
 
He rolled his eyes. "Ok I get it. I'm adorable."
 
I chuckled and smirked. "And you pretend like you don't know that." We kissed lovingly. "So it's set then? I can pick you up."
 
"Sure. Tell me the date and I'll be ready."
 
So it was set. My dad was finally gonna meet my boyfriend. 
 
 
finally back! funny thing is i already had started writing the next chapter (the one after this) but i couldn't publish that until i finished this. oh the struggles of jumping ahead >.<
anyway thanks for subscribing and reading! sharing is always appreciated and i love how in the past week i gree to 40 subs! :DD AND PLEASE leave comments. i always like feedback.