Sentimental Moments

A New Kind of Love
 
 
I arose from my peaceful sleep and stretched. I slept really well last night. Something about being around Key took all my worries away. It was much easier to sleep when I was with him. Let alone thought about him. 
 
I got up early to jog around the stadium, which I often do. It keeps you energized for the rest of the day.  Man, nothing like that fresh air and breeze!
 
I took a shower in the locker room to freshen up. When I came back I removed my gym clothes and donned my regular clothes. I suddenly noticed the sound of running water. Seems like Key overslept, since he usually got up early to get extra time to do his makeup. 
 
I also remembered I left my hair comb in there, so I knocked on the door. "Key, you in there?"
 
"Sorry, I overslept. I'll be out in a minute."
 
"Could you at least give me my comb? I left it in there."
 
"Yea, I'll give it to you when I'm done."
 
I casually leaned against the door when it suddenly fell open. 
 
****KEY****
 
I I quickly held the white t-shirt in my hands up against my chest. "Hey what gives!?" I exclaimed as I turned to face Minho, who looked so goddam good in his white buttoned-up shirt. His biceps really popped with it. I turned off the sink. "I said I'd be out soon!" I felt so embarassed being in front of this gorgeous statue without any makeup on. 
 
"It's not my fault. The door just slid open." he replied. He took his comb from the counter. He eyed me from top to bottom. I still held my shirt above my chest. I had a feeling he knew I was embarassed. "And Key, I get it. We're dating and all so some things will be awkward between us. But I'm not saying this as a but just as a guy: we're both men. You can't possibly tell me that you're ashamed of being around other guys." He was referring to the fact that I was from the waist up.
 
Obviously I've been in front of other guys before, I thought to myself. I tried to avoid looking into his eyes. "It's not that..." I put the shirt down on the counter.
 
"Then?"
 
I felt so exposed. I hid my face in my hands. "It's just... you're not supposed to see my face without makeup."
 
I heard a sort of quiet laugh come out of his mouth. It may have seemed silly. The fact that I couldn't see him if I wasn't wearing makeup. But without it it was just so hard to face him. To face anyone. I felt so vulnerable. So exposed. So weak. Especially in front of him
 
"Look, Key," I still didn't look at him. A moment of silence followed. Then, I felt his arms wrap around my waist and a sweet peck on the cheek. He gently rested his head against my temple. He softened his voice, "Kim Kibum, you don't have to feel insecure around me. I'm not one of those people who cares how others look. I don't care. I don't care whether you wear makeup or not. I like you regardless of how you look."
 
What? This all seemed unreal. There's no way he could really feel that way.  I remained a little skeptic."You're not just saying that-"
 
"I mean it, Key."
 
This is surreal. A guy who doesn't care about how his - boyfriend or whatever (still wasn't used to saying that) looks? Where the Hell do you find that? "You really don't care?"
 
"I mean it Key. What you dress like is not gonna stop me from lov- I mean, liking you."
 
He sounded so genuine. How could he not be? I slowly closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him. He kissed my cheek again. I pulled my head back slightly so my lips were closer to his. And we kissed deeply. 
 
I wanted so badly to cry then and there. How could all this happen? How was it possible that I ended up with someone like him? Or that I started with him in the first place? I'm nothing like him. I'm not strong like him. I'm not adept in sports like him. I'm not carefree or worry free like him. And I'm surely not as good-looking as him. It made no sense how I could love him so much.
 
I pulled away from our sweet kiss and gently rested my head on his shoulder, finally opening my eyes. This clearly wasn't a dream. My right hand went to Minho's collar. I began to his shirt with my one hand but I stopped after the second button. I was lost in my roaming thoughts as I fiddled around with his collar. 
 
"What's wrong?" He asked. For right now all I could do is stare at his collar. I resisted the urge to kiss his neck. "Key?" I rested my hand flat on his chest. I never noticed how big his chest was. 
 
After another silent moment I spoke up. "I love you."
 
I was surprised that even came out of my own mouth. Especially since I was the one who didn't want to move too fast. Still, I meant it. I loved Choi Minho.
 
Hi tightened our hug, pulling me closer. It was a pleasant, brief moment for us. "Kibum-ah" he said. He was about to say something until someone knocked on our dorm door. 
 
****MINHO****
 
Why? In Heaven's name WHY did I have to be interrupted NOW!? Key just confessed he LOVED me! And being the doofus I am I just HAD to wait rather than tell him immediately that I loved him back. Only to have someone interrupt us. 
 
I reluctantly pulled away from our hug to answer the door. It was HaneulSunbae. 
 
"Hey, Choi." he awkwardly smiled. I was surprised he could even be that awkward. 
 
"Hey, Sunbae. What's up?"
 
"Oh nothing. I just came to apologize for yesterday-"
 
"Don't. I overreacted. And I was rude to turn you down."
 
"Nah, I pushed you. Plus I wasn't nice to the crew that came to measure us."
 
"Let's not focus on that. Don't worry, I forgive you. Why don't you and I and the rest of the team go get a drink later? I'll definitely be there."
 
"Yea let's do that." He smiled but then it quickly disappeared. 
I noticed his gaze was focused elsewhere. "Sunbae what's wrong?"
 
He slowly lifted his finger and pointed behind me. "Yah- Redhead."
 
****KEY****
 
I tried not to be noticed. I was making my way to my closet when Sunbae called out to me.
 
"Yah- Redhead-"
 
I turned toward him. "Yes?" I said quietly.
 
"Yea! You're that redhead from yesterday! What are you doing here?"
 
Minho piped in. "Yea, about that-"
 
"And where's your shirt?"
 
Yep. Minho didn't tell him. I kinda get it. It's not easy to say that the person you insulted is actually your roommate and friend possibly. But really? I'm shirtless in a dorm. Do I really have to spell out for him that we're roommates?
 
Luckily Minho piped in again at the right time. "We're roommates."
 
Sunbae's jaw dropped. "Your roommate? Choi, you should've said something!"
 
"Like that's gonna make a difference. Why are you even apologizing to me? You should tell that to the crew!"
 
"You know what? You're right. Yah redhead-"
 
"Kim Kibum." I corrected.
 
"Ok Kim Kibum, I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. I was rude and unfair to you and that girl. Ok?"
 
I honestly couldn't care less, so I told him bluntly, "It's fine. Whatever man."
 
I went into my walk-in closet to do my makeup and get ready as I listened to the rest of the conversation.
 
****MINHO****
 
"Choi what gives!? If I had known he was your roommate I wouldn't have acted like that!"
 
I wanted the conversation to end right there. "So if he wasn't my roommate you'd still act like that?"
 
"That's not what I'm saying! Man, why are you getting so emotional over this!?"
 
"I don't like being mean that's all!" I took a deep breath before continuing. "Look how about we all go drink later? I gotta get ready for class. I'll see you later!" I rushed him out the door and soon enough he was gone. 
 
Key, all dressed up for today, walked over to me. Without thinking, I placed my arm around his shoulders as he hugged me. I really like how second nature this has become for us. 
 
"What's wrong?" he asked. 
 
"I still think you didn't deserve any of that. What happened yesterday. What you've been told in the past. None of it. And I don't think Haneul was sincere in his apology."
 
"Minho, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is you." With that, we made out. Before it could get too intense, we pulled apart, and Key said, "Let's go get breakfast." And we left the dorm.