Hopeless

A New Kind of Love

***MINHO*** 

 
Key was released from the hospital two weeks after the incident. But he's been quiet for the most part. I tried to start up conversations and talk like we used to, but he always closed then with short, dry replies. 
 
He's also been home a lot lately. It's probably because of his minor injuries. But something seemed suspicious...
After a couple of weeks of this I felt I'd had enough. 
 
He had made his way to the kitchen. Before he could start preparing dinner, I asked from the table.
 
"Key, talk to me. What the hell's going on?"
 
He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about Minho?"
 
"You! You're not bubbly and jovial like you used to be! I get that you got hurt and I'm sorry for that. I wish there was something I could do to prevent that from happening but I can't. I want to make up for that. But I need you to talk to me. I thought you loved me!"
 
"I do, Minho."
 
"Then tell me what's going on!"
 
His lips shook. "Minho there's nothing going on."
 
"Then why have you been so quiet? You're not laughing at my jokes anymore. You're not even talking to me! You've been avoiding me for the past two weeks and I'm tired of it. Is something bothering you? Is it me? Did I do something wrong? I wouldn't even know because you're not interacting with me!" He didn't respond, so I lowered the volume of my voice. "What is it? What's happening to us?"
 
He opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it. He took a deep breath. "I got fired today." He solemnly stated. 
 
My eyes widened in disbelief. "Oh my god... Key..." I quickly made my way over to his side. "I'm so sorry-" I reached out to hold his hands but he stepped back. 
 
"It's your dad." I froze. He looked down to the ground. "H-He came to me when I was in the hospital and told me to stay away from you. I tried to act like I didn't know what he was talking about but it was no use. He knew about us. He threatened me but I didn't think much of it. I went back to work and my boss said that either I do something about your dad or he'll have me fired from my job. And... He fired me a couple of days ago."
 
For a while I didn't answer. I closed my eyes to hold back my tears. This whole situation was tiring. Knowing who specifically made it this way was even more frustrating. And the fact that that person was someone whom I grew up with,,, the person who raised me...
 
That was the most disgraceful of all.
 
I made my way to the couch and buried my face in my hands. I can't believe my dad would do all this. He deliberately maimed Key; he threatened his life and got him fired. The whole thing was unbearable. Who knows how much further he'll go to keep us apart?
 
I heard Key walk over to me. He sat next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself. None of this was your fault."
 
I sighed in deep frustration. "I hate him. I hate everyone. Both my dad and Taemin-"
 
"Don't say that. They both love you very much. Especially Taemin."
 
"You don't understand, Kibum. Taemin is the one that told-"
 
"I know. He told me in the hospital. But don't blame him. He did it cuz he loves you." I sighed again and rested my head in my hand. "What's wrong, baby?"
 
My teeth shook. "It's just..." It was hard to verbalize my thoughts without breaking down. "I've been thinking about how my dad's been acting about us. And I can't help but think that... if I hadn't met you, then I..." Tears flowed from my eyes and I couldn't finish my sentence. Instead, my words were replaced with sobs.
 
Key wiped them from my face and held my chin, forcing me to look him in the eye. "Listen to me, Minho. You are a great person. You are the best at being you. You are not your father. Don't think for one second that you'll end up like him. He may have known you longer than I have, but I know that you are not like him. His actions do not define you. You got it?"
 
I nodded then rested my head against the couch. "So now what? We just move on with life?"
 
He frowned and then turned away. For a good ten minutes none of us talked. We both didn't know what to say at this point. We knew that we were at a point where we couldn't just forget what happened. This was no simple shirt stain that could be overlooked.
 
In some sense, I figured my dad and/or Taemin would discover our secret. It wouldn't be unlikely for them to disapprove. But I never expected it to play out the way it did. I never once thought that my dad would physically hurt Key.
 
In the middle of my thoughts, a soft hand landed on my cheek. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face Key, who was slowly moving closer to me. At last, his lips landed on mine, and I wilingly embraced them.
 
It started off gentle and sensual. It gradually grew more heat when I wrapped my arms around his waist and he straddled me. In the heat of it, Key stopped kissing me and rest his forehead against mine. "I'm gonna miss these lips."
 
"What?" I pulled away from him. "Y- You're leaving"
 
"I'm sorry. I don't know what else to do. I've got no job. And everywhere else I applied to turned me down because of your dad. I gotta leave."
 
I broke down all over again. He pulled me into a hug and weeped with me.
 
"I'm so sorry, Key. I'm so sorry it had to end up like this."
 
"It's ok, Minho. It's not your fault. Remember that."
 
We stayed there for the rest of the night, crying into each other's arms, our hope devoid of existence.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
pretty emotional chapter :,( what are your guys' thoughts? i hope this isn't going too fast. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. i really like hearing feedback from you guys