Disillusioned Pt.1

A New Kind of Love
 
 
***KEY***
 
It's hard for me to process the events leading up to something like this. I never once imagined something like this happening in my life. Looking back, it was so unnecessary. Everything after that could have been avoided if that didn't happen. 
 
Nicole and I were leaving the SM building after work. We were on our way to the mall to hang put and go shopping when these three big guys walked up to us. 
 
"Excuse me," one of them said. "Are you Kim Kibum?" He held up a photo of me. 
 
I didn't know these men, so I was naturally anxious. "Yea that's me... why-"
 
"Come with us."
 
"I don't have money-"
 
"Relax," another one assured. "We don't want to rob you. Just come with us."
 
Nicole and I looked at each other with doubt before we followed the men. They led us to this alley next to the mall. 
 
Out of nowhere one of them grabbed Nicole and held her tightly. The other two pushed me against the brick wall and started throwing punches. A part of me figured they had served in the army or something. Their punches were pretty painful. They were even stronger than Minho or any of his teammates when he played football. 
 
"Kibum no!" Nicole cried out. 
 
I couldn't really fight back because the men were too strong. The last thing I remember before blacking out was Nicole kicking the man who held her back in the crotch before my head hit the brick wall. 
 
 
***MINHO***
 
Nicole had called me earlier to tell me Key got in a fight or something and was in the hospital. I drove to the hospital as fast as I could without crossing the speed limit.
 
I arrived and made my way to the waiting room. I came across Nicole as soon as I got there and hugged her. 
 
"You ok!?"
 
"Yea, Minho. I'm fine. The doctors say Key's gonna be fine but he's got some bruises and one of his ribs is fractured." 
 
"I was so worried when you called me. What happened?"
 
"Key and I were at the mall and these guys escorted us outside. One held me back while the other two beat up Key. I managed to take the guy who held me back down. I pepper sprayed the other guys but Key was unconscious so I called for an ambulance. The guys got away."
 
I tried to hold back my anger. "Do you remember what the guys looked like?"
 
"No. They were really big. That's all I remember. But they said something really weird."
 
"Weird? How?"
 
"I cried out why they were doing this and they said they were ordered to. They were following the orders of their boss. They referred to their boss as 'the referee' or something. It sounds kinda strange to me."
 
I froze. My mind started connecting the puzzle pieces together. "Excuse me for a sec."
 
I made my way to the restroom and released my tears. I knew exactly what happened. "The referee" as cheesy as it sounded, referred to my dad. He hired those men to go after Key. 
 
He somehow found out about my relationship and did this either to kill him or threaten them. I can't believe my dad would go this far. He would deliberately hurt Key if it meant I couldn't be with him. 
 
I was disgusted by the whole situation. But I remembered that Key was in his hospital room, lonely and in pain. I came for him, not for my dad. 
 
 
A nurse led me to his room. He lay there solemnly, staring off in the distance. He had a black eye and a bruise on his face. My heart shattered at the dreadful sight. Yet he managed to crack a smile when he saw me walk up to him. 
 
"Hey sweetie," He whispered. I immediately went to grab his hand. 
 
"Hey. How are you doing baby?" 
 
"I'm getting better. It's nothing deadly. Just a couple bruises. I need surgery for the ribs but I'll be fine."
 
I looked down at our hands. "I'm so sorry this happened to you."
 
He looked worried now. "Baby," he raised his hand to my cheek. "Don't blame yourself for this. I should have been more careful."
 
I wasn't gonna cry again but I was still sad. I didn't know if I should tell him about my dad now or later. 
 
"What's wrong, Minho?" He raised both of his hands to my cheeks and looked at me with worry in his eyes. 
 
I held his hand and kissed it. Then I looked back at him. "Nothing, Kibum. I'm just glad you're gonna be alright." I paused. "There's something I need to tell you. It's about my father."
 
He raised his eyebrows in alarm and sat up. "What is it?"
 
"I didn't want to worry you, especially with your state right now."
 
"Tell me."
 
I held both of his hands in mine and took a deep breath. "This isn't easy for me to tell you. If I had known I would have done everything I could have to stop it-"
 
"Stop what!?"
 
"My dad hired those men to attack you." He didn't respond. "Kibum, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I didn't know he knew about us and I didn't know he would go this far. I learned just now actually that he did all this. I'm so sorry."
 
He released my hands and stared at the wall ahead of him. I figured he wasn't gonna talk to me for a while. 
 
"Are you mad? You have every right to be."
 
"No... I'm not mad at you..."
 
"I'm so sorry." 
 
"Don't be. It's not your fault."
 
I wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pulled him into a hug. "Let's forget about him. What matters is that I'm here with you and you're going to be ok." I was relieved when he hugged me back. "We'll get through this. I love you."
 
"I love you too, Minho." He genuinely replied. 
 
 
 
 
 
this chapter's pretty short because it felt like too much to squish everything in one chapter. part 2 will be up shortly.
poor Key :( is Minkey gonna be alright? :O hope u enjoyed this update :)