Taking New Steps

A New Kind of Love

I walked into the dorm. Key was lying down on his bed with his back to me. The lamp next to his desk was the only light on. I still hadn't figured out how I should approach him. For now I decided to brush my teeth and get ready for bed.

 
Do I just come out and say "I'm sorry"? Should I wait for him to make the first move? He's gotta at least apologize for calling me a player. But then again, that was my fault. I'm the one who went on the date. But if I hadn't gone on the date I never would've met Taeyeon and Tiffany...
 
My mind went all over the place as I got ready for bed. I brushed my teeth and changed into a t-shirt and boxers. Finally, I went up to Key's bed. "Key?"
 
No answer. "Kibum, can we talk?" 
 
Key was still quiet. He usually breathes quite loudly when he is asleep. But he was definitely awake. "Kibum, I know you're awake." I sat on the other side of his bed. His back was still facing me. 
 
A hushed voice finally came out of him. "How was your date?"
 
For now I avoided that question. "I should've said no. I don't know what was going through my head when Taemin brought up the date. What I do know is that I was an idiot then. I assumed you'd be ok with me going on a date and I didn't think about how you really felt. I really care about you and I screwed up. And for all that I'm sorry."
 
I heard Key sigh deeply. "Key, the least you could do is look at me." I grabbed his right arm and gently turned him over on his back. He was now looking at me. His eyes were red and I noticed traces of dry tears on his cheeks. I gasped. "Kibum-ah..."
 
"I overreacted," He whispered. He sat up. It sounded like he was trying to keep from crying. "I... I should've trusted you. I thought you were going on a date to play around with girls. Instead I let my anger take over and I accused you of all those things..."
 
"And why shouldn't you? I was right in front of you and still I didn't refuse! I'm the idiot here not you!"
 
He started crying again. "Minho I'm so sorry!" He put his face in his hands. 
 
"Kibum don't cry," I begged. I hugged him tightly. He hugged back and cried into my shoulder. 
 
"Kibum," I started quietly. "I made the mistake of accepting a date in front of you without consulting, and I'm deeply sorry for that. And I'll make it up to you however you want. But when something bothers you, you have to tell me. We can talk things out so we know for the future." I rubbed his back to soothe him. "Aww don't cry."
 
I pulled back so I could see his face. I looked into his pretty eyes and said the long overdue words, "I love you."
 
Key didn't hesitate to reply. "I know." He smiled. "I love you too."
 
He placed his hands on the nape of my neck, pulled me toward him and kissed me. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around his upper body. Without disconnecting our lips, he pulled me forward; at the same time, he leaned back. So now he was on his back and I was on top of him. He wrapped his legs around my waist. He rubbed one of his hands up my neck and through my hair while the other ran down my back. 
 
I to my back without breaking any bodily contact. Now Key was on top, straddling me. He straightened out his legs so they aligned with mine. We continued making out and even tongue kissed. Key moaned into our kisses, which made them more intense -- almost electric. He began grinding himself on me, which gave me a pleasure I could never imagine. My raging hormones were slowly taking over. My hands made their way to his and grasped it firmly, making him grind on me more. 
 
Key and I pulled our lips apart to breathe. I'm telling you, if we hadn't stopped, my hormones would've gone out of control. We both laughed at how we were positioned. Frankly I never imagined we'd even get this far. "You... ready yet?" I asked. 
 
He flat out answered. "That depends. You got the lube?"
 
I was still smiling. "No. You?"
 
"Nope." We both laughed. 
 
I rotated myself so Key was also on the bed. We both lied there on our sides, facing each other. I tried to ease into my next question. "So.. does this mean you forgive me?"
 
"I will if you forgive me."
 
"Done."
 
We giggled. Then Key asked, "Minho, I have a favor to ask."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Can you stay here tonight?"
 
I was confused by this. "What do you mean. We share a dorm-"
 
"I mean here." He inched closer to me. "With me."
 
I wasn't scared or anything. Just surprised that he asked that. He seemed to sense that because his hopeful expression turned into a panicking one. "I don't mean !! I mean- I- I- Just have you here. That's all. You know. Cuddling."
 
I chuckled. He's so cute when he's nervous and panicky. "Sure. I'll stay here. And cuddle." He chuckled in relief. 
 
We went under Key's covers and cuddled. I stretched my arm out for him to use as a pillow. He stretched his arm across my chest. "This feels nice." He remarked.
 
I kissed his lips and said, "Yea it does. We should do this more often, you know?"
 
I just closed my eyes when Key spoke again. "Minho, you didn't answer my question from earlier. How was the date?"
 
I looked at him with uncertainty. "Are you sure you want to know?"
 
"Of course. You were probably miserable without me there, right?"
 
I laughed. "Yes and no. I missed you loads. But I befriended the girls at the date so I wasn't all miserable."
 
He raised his eyebrows. "You made friend with them?" I nodded. "And you're sure they don't wanna you or anything?"
 
I laughed louder. "Yes! They're nothing more than new friends. You don't have to be jealous! And you wanna know why?"
 
He seemed interested now, but still a little skeptical. "Why?"
 
I hushed myself to a whisper. "They're lesbians."
 
"WHAAAAAT???" He widened his eyes. "They're what?"
 
"They're dating each other. They only agreed to a double date so no one would think they're dating." 
 
"Heol~ do I know them?"
 
"I think you know one of them." I actually wanted to keep Tiffany's identity a secret from Key. I wanted to surprise him. "Anyway after tonight I was thinking maybe you and I and those two girls could go on a double date. You know, two guys and two girls, who will suspect? What do you think?"
 
"Ahh, I'm tired. We'll talk about this in the morning." He pecked me and snuggled closer to me. "Goodnight."
 
"Goodnight," I said back as we drifted off to sleep.
 
 Two days later
 
The team wasn't there at lunch because they were at practice. Which was fine for me since I took off this week. I sat with Key and Nicole. 
 
She seemed confused since Key and I sat down with linked arms. "Wait, you two aren't fighting?"
 
This time I answered. "No, we talked it all out and we're fine." I looked at Key and he smiled back with a dreamy look in his eyes. 
 
"And you're not worried that people will 'find out'?" She inquired, motioning to our linked arms. Key quickly disconnected them. 
 
He glared at her. "Way to ruin the mood."
 
She held up her arms in defense. "Hey, you were the one worrying that my 'big mouth' would get you exposed. And it's not my fault that you two are so lovey-dovey."
 
Key pouted. "I can't help it. I love him." He looked at me with those puppy-dog eyes of his and inched closed to me. Man he is so adorable. I chuckled at his cuteness. 
 
Nicole rolled her eyes. "Seriously you two, get a room."
 
We both looked at her. "EEEEHHHHHH!?!?"
 
Then the mood changed when Taemin came. 
"Hey Choi wassup?"
 
"Me? What's up with you? Aren't you supposed to be in dance now?"
 
"Yah I just stopped by to check something with you."
 
"And what's that?"
 
"How about a date next week?"
 
"Seriously? Another one? How'd you manage to find two girls so quickly?"
 
"Actually... I haven't found any yet. I'll find them soon. So what do you say?"
 
I thought for a bit before looking at Key. He seemed to show some look of approval. I turned back at Taemin. 
 
"Actually, Taemin, I'll have to decline. I'm having dinner with the team. And practice is resuming. I'll text you whenever I'm free."
 
To my surprised he seemed ok. "That's ok. We can schedule for another time. Gotta go bye~" And he was gone. 
 
I looked back at Nicole, who seemed skeptical. "Now what?" I complained. 
 
"Would it kill him to say hi?" 
 
Key burst out laughing. "I know right?! It's like he doesn't notice us! How can he miss this red hair?"
 
I laughed. "Hey he's got a lot on his mind, that's all."
 
Nicole piped in, "Oh quit defending him. You can't always side with him." 
 
"I don't! Didn't you see me? I turned him down! Shouldn't I get a thanks?"
 
Key said, "I'm actually surprised. I thought you'd accept it again. I would've been fine with that."
 
"Really?" I stared at him in shock.
 
He placed his hand on mine. "I trust you."
 
"So... you want me to call him back-"
"Dont push it Choi." 
 
I smiled back at him. "Love you~"
 
He ruffled my hair. "I know. And I'm very grateful for what you did." He turned cold now. He removed his hand from my hair. This time he patted my chin. "Now eat your food." And we all laughed.