Meeting the Kims

A New Kind of Love
 
 
***KEY***
 
There we were, Minho and I, sitting side by side on the couch. We both looked down, avoiding eye contact. We were waiting for my parents to unpack fully and settle in. They were supposed to have some "talk" with us. I didn't know what was coming. They didn't act disapproving before. So this conversation was either gonna be really heartbreaking or really awkward. 
 
Minho and I just stared at the TV in front of us, with the reflection staring back at us. I wanted to talk to him. Just talk like we usually do, but I was embarassed. Embarassed that I planned this wonderful night for us and it was all ruined. Embarassed that my parents had to find out this way. 
 
I was staring at the TV, lost in my own thoughts, when a hand gently grabbed mine. I was a bit surprised he reached out to hold my hand after what I did, but I decided to take what I could get. I smiled a bit in relief. 
 
Our bittersweet moment was interrupted when my parents finally finished unpacking and came to the room. We let go of each other's hands. I wanted to beg him not to. 
 
My parents stood right in front of the TV, facing us with crossed arms.  My dad broke the silence. "I see how awkward this is for the both of you. Why don't we start off with simple questions? First, how long has this been going on?"
 
I refused to look at them. "Few months." I answered bluntly. 
 
"And how did this all start?" my mother demanded. 
 
"We realized we liked each other and decided to date."
 
"Alright. You," she motioned to Minho. "What's your name?"
 
"Choi Minho." He answered. 
 
She leaned in toward him. "And what are your intentions with my son?" 
 
Oh boy. This was gonna be fun. I'm surprised Minho answered so quickly. "I have no bad intentions, Mr. and Mrs. Kim." I turned toward him in surprise and curiosity the same way I did in the locker room when Minho defended me. "I really care for your son. He has grown to become a very important person in my life and I am grateful for everything he has done for me. It would be silly of me to let someone as special and unique as him go." My heart warmed when I heard those words come from his mouth. 
 
My dad smiled. Seems like a good sign. "Well it's very nice to meet you, Minho. Why don't you two stay for dinner?"
 
Minho and I looked at each other, then back at them. "I don't know. I really should be going."
 
"Come on, one meal won't hurt, will it?"
 
Minho hesitated. "O- Ok. I guess we can do that."
 
My mom clapped her hands together. "Alright then. Why don't you two go upstairs and wash up while we make the dinner?"
 
Minho and I both nodded and we made our way upstairs to my room. We held hands when we were certain my parents weren't looking. 
 
We made it to my room. Minho plopped face down on my bed. I chuckled as I changed into new clothes. "Well that turned out better than I expected."
 
He turned his head so he was facing me. "Why didn't you tell me that your dad was the singer Onew?"
 
"Sorry about that. I don't really like saying that my dad is famous. Then people only talk to me because I'm related to him."
 
"Come on. You know I wouldn't do that."
 
I pouted. "I know that now!"
 
He motioned to the bed. "Come here. Lie down with me."
 
"What are you gonna do?"
 
"Just come here." He pouted. I grinned and happily joined him on the bed. We naturally wrapped our arms around each other. 
 
"I can't believe they didn't disapprove or anything! I think they like you."
 
"I don't know. They looked like they were suspicious of me."
 
"Trust me, they're gonna love you. You got on their good side after you said all that lovey-dovey stuff." 
 
"You know I meant it right?" I paused. "I meant every word of it, Kim Kibum." 
 
I smiled. "I know. I know you did." I paused, hesitating before I spoke again. "I love you."
 
"I love you too." We pecked and joined our hands. We rested them against the area of matress between us. 
 
 
I looked at our joined hands. "I really am sorry about today. I had no idea-"
 
"Kibum, you don't have to be sorry. No one saw this coming."
 
"But I planned this whole thing out!" I whined. "It was supposed to be this special day for us and it was ruined!"
 
"It was not ruined. Being with you is enough for me. Besides, we got pretty far today. We made it down to our underwear." 
 
I chuckled and snuggled closer to him. "I guess that is an achievement."
 
He smirked. "And I got to see you full-on ." 
 
My smile went away. "You ! Is that all you can think about!?"
 
"You're calling me the ? You're the one who suggested we come out here for this! And you grabbed my ing shaft!"
 
I pouted and slapped his chest. "Shut up!" I hushed. "They're gonna hear you!"
 
He smirked. "Make me." I didn't fight back as he pulled me into a deep kiss. My hand went to the back of his neck. He slowly pulled my other hand across himself, leaving me no choice but to straddle him. I leaned down and reconnected our lips. We moaned a lot in the process, especially into our kisses. As our lips moved in sync, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him as close to me as possible. His hands went down my pants and grabbed my . He squeezed it, making me grind hard on him. "Mmhmmm Minho..." I moaned.
 
"Dinner's ready!" My dad called out. 
 
I raised my head. Yep. That's what happens when we try to get what we want. "Coming." I sighed. I leaned down and peck Minho. "You should wash up. Come on."
 
"I don't wanna~" he whined. 
 
"Oh come on you big baby." I pulled on his arms, forcing him to sit up. "I can't carry you." He continued to pout as I pulled him, ultimately making him stand up. 
 
He pulled me to him in one go and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Come with me."
 
"Alright honey I'll go with you."
And we walked with our arms around each other and smiles plastered on our faces to the bathroom.
 
 
***MINHO***
 
So there we were at the dinner table. I sat next to Key while his parents sat on the other side. 
 
For a while it was mainly Key and his parents talking. I could hear a Daegu dialect naturally coming from Key and his mother. 
 
"Aigoo, Kibum-ah, you dyed your hair black. Wasn't it supposed to be red?"
 
"Umma~ I had to redye it. Red's hard to keep up, and black suits me better anyway."
 
"So what got you into dating athletes now? I thought you were into the more gentle types?"
 
"Appa~ I don't have a type. I just love Minho." He flashed a smile at me and I smiled back.
 
"But really, how'd you start dating him?"
 
He subtlely inched closer to me. "I don't know. I just realized I liked him and we started dating." My heart melted when he said that. 
 
"Fair enough. You, Minho-ssi," his mother turned toward me. "Have you ever dated males before?"
 
I felt it was best to answer honestly. "No, sir. Kibum's the first."
 
"The first?" His dad raised his eyebrows. "So what got you into my son?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I'm asking why you like him so much, as you claim."
 
My eyes widened. "Why I like him?" Mr. Kim nodded. I tried to find where to start. "Well, I guess to start, I like Kibum because he's different than anyone I've ever met. It's like, he does what he wants, and he doesn't care about what anyone thinks. He's confident in what he does. And he's really cute when he laughs. And when he smiles. And overall he's a really sweet person." I smiled while rambling about Key. I looked back at Mr. and Ms. Kim. "I just hope you know that I would never do anything to purposely hurt Kibum. He's someone who has changed my life and made me a happier person." 
 
I realized that while I was talking, I had unconsciously held Key's hand. He squeezed it when I finished.  
 
Mr. Kim smiled. "Aigoo, he's a keeper." I chuckled. "You picked well, Kim Kibum."
 
"Don't lose him, Kibum." his mom added. I chuckled again. They were really too kind with the praise. I couldn't stand it. 
 
Then her expression turned serious as she focused her attention on me. "But you get one thing straight-" She leaned in toward me. Her hawk eyes stared me down. "You do ANYTHING to break my Kibummie's heart and I'll-"
 
"UMMA!!" Key whined. I gotta admit. He was irresistibly cute when he whined. 
 
"That's enough, Kahi-ssi."
 
"I just wanted him to know. After what that did-"
 
"Ok, Umma, we get it. He knows about her."
 
"Good for him. Now he knows what to expect from me." She pointed two fingers at her eyes and then toward mine. "I'm watching you."
 
We we all cracked up and Mr. Kim pecked Mrs. Kim on the cheek.As dinner progressed I grew less shy of them. I got along with them really well. It felt relieving to talk openly about my relationship and not be judged or discriminated against. I could only hope my dad would do the same. I wondered what it would be like if I told him. 
 
****KEY****
 
It was finally time to leave. In just a couple days I'd come back anyway for spring break. But for tonight we had to go back to school. 
 
Minho bid my parents goodbye, and my dad hugged him back. Minho then walked up to me. "I'll meet you in the car, ok?" I nodded and he made his way out the door, but not before surprising me with a sweet peck. 
 
I turned back to my parents. "So what do you think?"
 
My dad smiled. "Kibum, you know I like him."
 
My mom added on, "He seems like a good man. I can see he makes you very happy, and that's all that matters to me."
 
Something about that line brought tears to my eyes. I rushed to hug them both. "Thank you," I said in between sobs. "You guys have no idea how scared I was."
 
My dad patted my head. "Don't cry, son. All I want is the best for you. We know Minho's a good man."
 
I pulled back to look at their faces with my watery eyes. "How can you two be so understanding? Especially when the world is so-" I couldn't finish my sentence because the tears overcame me. 
 
My mom pulled me back into the hug. "My baby~ don't cry. Umma and Appa are right here. And we wouldn't do something so cruel to you."
 
I sniffed and kissed both of their cheeks. "Thank you so much. I love you both." I wiped my tears away with my sleeve. "I should really get going. 
 
I hugged them one last time and plopped down in the passenger seat. "We got a long drive back."
 
"Funny you should say that cuz I'm the one driving." 
 
I put my hand to his cheek. "Awww my poor baby is tired." I pecked his nose. "It'll be just a few more hours ok?"
 
He smiled and kissed me. Then he happily started the car and drove off. 
 
 
WOOHOO ANOTHER UPDATE!!! it took me a while to make this chapter perfect cuz the ideas i had for the rest of the story kept bugging me. plus i have my other story to work on. 
 
any nvm that. MARRIED TO THE MUSIC IS OUT!!!! THE MV IS PERFECTION!!!! PLEASE support our boys by watching this glorious thing
 
and as always leave comments, upvote and subscribe! share with your friends too!