Action & Reaction

A New Kind of Love
 
 
 
 
***YURI***
 
I blew yet another tissue, but my head still ached with frustration. On one hand, I knew crying wasn't going to accomplish anything; on the other, how could I not cry? My own husband may have been cheating on me this whole time that "friend" of his was here. For all I know he's just saying that nothing happened... But he did tell me he had feelings for him...
 
 
 
But how long has this been going on? Was he already dating his friend while we were married? Was our whole marriage a sham?!
 
 
 
 
 
...Then again, why wouldn't it be? After all, it was our parents' decision to marry us, not mine or Minho's. I mean, I remember arguing with my parents over their decision to betrothe me to the son of some soccer coach. I even threatened to run away if they didn't change their minds. Clearly, that didn't spite them one bit. 
 
 
But is it so wrong that after getting married, I grew to love Minho? We didn't talk for almost two month into our marriage until we bonded over athletics. And after that, since we couldn't divorce or annul our marriage, we grew comfortable with each other enough to have kids and become good parents. And still, after all that...
 
 
 
Was me miserable with me this whole time? Is that why he cheated? Who could blame him? We both know neither of us wanted to get married in the first place...
 
But he liked someone else... loved someone else... and I still feel betrayed...
 
 
Hell, he even said that he loved me! We went on dates every Valentine's Day! We even sent each other cute postcards whenever he was on vacation for a drama or something! He told me countless times that he loved me and NOW he says otherwise!?
 
 
 
It was impossible to decide what to do, so I called my older sister and told her what had happened. 
 
 
"Unni, I don't know what to do! I feel so betrayed!"
 
 
"Baby~ don't cry. It's going to be ok. He's a bastard for doing something like this to you. He doesn't deserve you. Do you know who this other person is?"
 
"Some friend from school or something." I rubbed my head in frustration. "Unni I can't handle any of this! How could he do this to me!? All for some guy!" I fell back and landed on my pillow. 
 
"Hold up! Did you just say your husband's cheating on you with a GUY?" 
 
 
I to my side. "...Yea? So what?"
 
 
I heard a loud gasp from the other line. "Oh my God! You're married to a homoual!? Oh lord!"
 
I sat straight up on my bed. I didn't feel any comfort; instead, I felt even more conflicted. My husband has feelings for someone else, and all my sister cares about is the fact that he cares for a guy.
 
"Unni~"
 
"Honey, separate yourself from him ASAP. That man's got the wrong priorities if he's honestly gonna cheat on a hot mama like you for a dude. That's disgusting."
 
My eyes widened with rage. Does my own sister even care that he CHEATED on me!? If it were with a girl would she just complain about her looks!?
 
I held my frustration back and replied. "U-Unni, I gotta go now. I'll talk to you later." I quickly hung up and collapsed back onto my pillow. 
 
 
If I can't get any comfort, then I'll probably have to proceed without it. 
 
 
What I needed was time: time to fully soak in the situation and to decide what would be the best course of action for both him, me and our kids. 
 
 
 
***MINHO***
 
 
Of course I felt bad for what I did; in fact, I feel horrible for what I said to Yuri. She's a really kind person who deserves respect and affection. I can't believe that I had to be the . 
 
 
But what could I do? I love Key; I always have, and always will. As cliché as that sounds, I couldn't deny it. Even after ten or so years I'd take a bullet for him. 
 
 
At that moment, I decided to call Key. I walked onto the balcony so no one would hear me and dialed. Truth be told, I was nervous to speak to him after what had just happened. 
 
 
It didn't take long for him to pick up. "Hey what's up?"
 
 
"...Nothing. Well, actually, I wanted to talk to you about something that came up."
 
 
"Oh? What is it?"
 
 
I breathed deeply. "I told Yuri about us."
 
 
A long pause followed. "You did what now?"
 
I sighed. "I told her that I loved you. I know, I should have planned better. I haven't even thought about the possibility of a divorce! Or at least... not any time soon. This situation's a whole mess, I realize, but the guilt was killing me. Kibum I didn't know-"
 
"Minho. Stop. I can't talk about this over the phone. Meet me at the park."
 
 
He hung up right after. I couldn't afford to waste anymore time so I headed out right then and there. 
 
 
 
 
From the moment I got to the park, our discussion was pretty heated. 
 
 
"What the Hell were you thinking, telling her about me!?"
 
"Kibum, what was I supposed to do? Move on with my marriage while I have another person occupying all my thoughts!?"
 
 
"Minho, I told you, I'm not pursuing you! This isn't any of that playing-hard-to-get . I'm not pursuing you. Period. I told you that I don't wanna get between your marriage." He crossed his arms. "I'm not gonna let you cheat on Yuri with me."
 
 
"But Key, that's exactly why I told Yuri! This has more to do with my feelings for you than you. The guilt over loving you yet marrying her was killing me. It's been aching these past few years. Your return just set this into motion. I told her about us because I didn't want to cheat on her. I worried that if I didn't tell her all this time, that eventually I'd turn to adultery and completely jeopardize our relationship."
 
 
He raised an eyebrow. "So you basically dumped Yuri just so you could me with no regrets?"
 
 
He can't be serious, right? "No, Kim Ki Bum! I'm doing this for me! Not you! I know you're not gonna come running into my arms or anything, and I'm fine with that. But I told her because I couldn't deal with all the lies I've been telling her!"
 
He still didn't get it. He sighed and said, "Whatever. I've heard enough. I'm leaving." He walked over to his car but I turned around to stop him. 
 
"You can't just leave! You called me out here and now you're leaving?"
 
 
"I called you here to get the full story. I thought you'd have some sound reasoning for your actions or I had heard wrong. I didn't think you'd do something this stupid." 
 
 
I rolled my eyes. "Key, as I said earlier, I know this whole situation's a mess and I should have planned better. But what's happened has happened. There's no turning back now. And while I like Yuri as a person, I don't love her like I love you. And no, I'm not doing this so I can bone you, I did that because I needed it."
 
 
He scoffed and muttered something that I would have missed had it not been so quiet that evening. "Why bother telling her about me if you're not gonna chase after me?"
 
 
I turned back to him in surprise. Did I hear that right? "What did you say?"
 
 
His eyes widened in apparent shock. "Nothing! I didn't say anything!"
 
 
I took a step closer to him. "Kibum, did you want me to chase after you?"
 
 
 
He didn't respond right away. For a few moments we simply stared into each other's eyes, waiting for some kind of response. 
 
 
Alas, he broke our contact. "I have to go. I'll see you some other time." He swiftly entered his car and drove off, while I watched him zoom away. 
 
 
 
 
 
His words sat on my mind the whole ride back. All this time Key himself said that he didn't want to get between me and Yuri and now?? He's mad because I'm pretty much dumping my wife? I do this for him but he doesn't want me to chase after him, and now he wants me to? 
 
This whole situation is frustrating. I don't even know anymore why I told Yuri. 
 
 
Things only got better when I reached home. I entered through the front door and came across a fully dressed Yuri with a suitcase in hand. 
 
"Yuri-"
 
"Jagi- I mean Minho-ssi, I'll be gone for a while. I be at Yoona-ssi's place for a while."
 
 
"Y-Yoona? She lives almost half an hour away! Yuri, you can't leave!"
 
"I'll come back soon. I just need some time to myself."
 
She walked past me, but I grabbed her arm. "Yuri, I'msorry for the other day. I don't want this to impact our kids. They need you here, I need you here."
 
She cracked a small smile and simultaneously removed my hand from her arm. "I promise, I'm not leaving permanently. I understand that our situation's unclear, but I need to be alone for a bit. I already kissed the kids goodbye. I told them I'd be on a short trip. I won't be gone for too long."
 
She stepped closer to me and lightly pecked my cheek. "I'll see you later, Choi Minho." 
 
 
Without pause, she turned toward the door with her suitcase and rambled through, while I stood there frozen in space and time, stunned and confused. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi!! ik it's been almost two months since I last updated and once again i'm sorry. i've been busy as usual BUT i also used this long time gap to perfect this chapter to be the best that it can be! i've actually been working on this chapter for the past few weeks. hope u enjoy!