We Finally Meet

A New Kind of Love
We silently gazed at each other a while longer. He probably felt awkward about seeing me since he had a wife now. I didn't want to say something that would seem like I was trying to flirt with him. 
 
 
After another moment, we finally decided to break the silence. At the same time. 
 
"Are you free-"
 
"You wanna grab a seat?" 
 
Instead of creating more awkward silence, we both laughed, which seemed to ease things a little. My heart was beating so loud I could hear it through my own ears. 
 
"Order number 367's ready!" The cashier called out. For some reason that sudden shout seemed to calm me down. 
 
 
"That's my order." Minho said. 
 
 
I didn't hesitate even a second to reply. "I'll grab us a table."
 
"Ok. I'll get my order then."
 
 
 
He quickly went to the counter to retrieve his order while I settled down at a table with two chairs near the side. Once I sat down, I took a deep breath. I placed my palm on my heart, hoping it would slow down. Honestly, I didn't know what I wanted out of all this. I didn't know if I wanted Minho back in my life or not; rather, I'd love to have him back, but I know that's not possible. I wanted to call him mine again, but I can't do that. If I did, he'd either be conflicted or end up cheating on his wife. I didn't want anything like that to happen. Then again, for all I know, he might have changed drastically. What if he's no longer the Choi Minho I fell in love with? Then what? What if his confession to me was all fake? What if he's now a despicable, arrogant man?
 
 
He at last came over to the table with his order. I cracked a small smile when I saw what he had purchased. "You still love your iced coffee with whipped cream huh?"
 
He chuckled. "Sure do. Haven't had this in a while ever since my wi-" he abruptly cut himself off. "I mean I've been watching my health lately so I haven't had the chance to drink this. Today I say 'screw it'."
 
I raised my cup of coffee. "Count me in."
 
"Lemme guess: Black coffee, decaf, sugar free?"
 
"You bet it is."
 
We both chuckled and clinked our drinks together before sipping them. The atmosphere seemed less awkward now that we were talking calmly and casually again. 
 
I placed my cup down and started munching on some brownies I'd purchased. "So how've you been? What are you doing now?"
 

"I'm a director and actor for dramas."

 
"Cool! Which ones?"
 
"Have you heard of City Hunter?"
 
"The one with Lee Minho?" He nodded. I widened my eyes in shock. "You're in that!?"
 
He chuckled adorably. "No, I helped direct it. I reserve my acting for the stage."
 
"The stage? You act in plays?"
 
"Yep. Occasionally."
 
"Heol~ Me too! I acted in musicals in Paris!"
 
"Really? Our own Kibum in a musical?" 
 
I nodded with glee. "I've been in loads of them. They're so much fun!" I cheered as I gobbled down a pastry.
 
He took a look at my bag and guffawed. "I see your appetite hasn't changed much these past few years."
 
I pouted. "I was starving all day at work!" I whined. "Gimme a break will ya?"
 
 
He raised his hands. "Alright alright. No judgement. You still work at KKB?"
 
"You know it. Now I'm 'executive status'. Lemme tell you, I think I was meant to work at this company. It's my dream come true. Plus, it's practically named after me. You know, KKB. Kim KBum."
 
He cackled even louder. "Oh Kibum. Of course you'd say that." 
 
"It's cuz it's true, obviously." I exaggerated. 
 
"So... why did you come back? I mean... what made you return now? After all these years? Considering the agreement that... you know..."
 
I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, to be honest. For some reason, KKB moved some of us back to Korea. They wouldn't tell me exactly why. Just that we needed to be moved."
 
Minho looked down at his drink. "Key, I really am sorry all that had to happen."
 
Oh no. Not now. PLEASE don't make me cry now. Don't make me reminisce that painful day. 
 
 
I gently placed my hand on his, which quickly tensed up. I swiftly moved my hand up to his wrist - hat seemed like the safest place to go to considering our situation. "Let's not bring that up again. What happened, happened. We can't change the past. But you had nothing to do with it. Don't beat yourself up about it, ok?"
 
He hesitantly nodded and we broke contact. We continued to reminisce what went on in our lives and share laughs and smiles. I didn't fake any of those smiles. I was genuinely happy to both hear his voice again and to hear that he's doing well. He didn't tell me about his wife or kids, but I'm willing to wait until he's ready. 
 
"Well, I should get going. I can't be late." Minho stood up and gathered his belongings. 
 
"Yea, me too." I stood up and stepped closer to him. "Will I see you soon?"
 
"Uhh... yea. I can call you when I'm free."
 
"Ok. My number hasn't changed."
 
"Great. Neither has mine."
 
Now we stood within a foot of each other, gazing eye to eye. "Well, I guess, goodbye for now." Minho said. 
 
I smiled. "Yea. I guess it is." Without hesitating I stepped forward, closing the gap between us, and hugged him. I slowly felt his arms encompass me. "It was nice seeing you again." 
 
"You too." It felt relieving to be in his arms again. A bit too soon after, he pulled back from our hug to look at me. His firm hand gently gripped one of my upper arms. "Have you been working out?" 
 
"Yup." I nodded eagerly. "I started going to the gym regularly."
 
 
He scoffed. "You at a gym? I'd like to see that."
 
I rolled my eyes. "If you wanna see me at a gym just photoshop me on a picture of The Rock." 
 
He laughed and hugged me once last time before heading out. I stayed behind a bit longer to clean up and relish the conversation that had occurred previously. During that talk with him, I realized something: I'll always love him, but if this is as close as I can get to him, then it's good enough for me. 
 
***MINHO***
 
It was really him. After all these years I finally saw him. He hadn't changed at all. He was still the same old goofy, hungry and whiny Kim Kibum that I went to school with. Who would have figured that I'd see him in the mall that day? Or that he shows up in Korea when I started reminiscing his modest angelic face?
 
 
He occupied my mind on the drive home. My thoughts of him stopped abruptly when I entered the kitchen and spotted my wife. 
 
"Hi honey~" Yuri walked over to hug me and pecked my cheek. Immediately, she began sniffing, and then she frowned. "Did you drink coffee again?"
 
"Stopped by the café on the way home."
 
She scrunched her eyebrows. "Jagiya~ You know what coffee does to your health. We've been over this countless times."
 
I raised my bag to eye level. "Don't think I forgot about you."
 
She sniffed again and a smile crept on her face. I swear she's got the snout of a bloodhound. "Pastries?" I nodded. She slowly took the bag from my hand and casually replied, "Well, you know, once in a while isn't all that bad."
 
I grinned because I had won her over. I pecked her and went to the fridge. 
 
"You seem happy today."
 
I turned back to her. "Do I? How so?"
 
"You're gestures. You're stroll. It all looks different today. You look happier than other days. What happened?"
 
I out some of the leftover goods in the fridge. "Uhh... Nothing much. Same old stuff. Work and all."
 
"Tell me, what is it? Did u get a promotion? An offer? No! You're working with a top-class actor! Wait... or is it really just the coffee you're happy about?"
 
 
 
I chuckled at her bubbly curiosity. "No, it's nothing like that. I just... I met an old friend today. At the café where I got the coffee and sweets."
 
She bounced over to me in excitement. "Oh how nice! Tell me! Who is he? Is it anyone I know? Is it a she?" She frowned and raised an eyebrow. "Is it one of your old girlfriends?"
 
"Haha no. Just someone I dormed with in school. We chatted for a bit today. Catching up. That's all."
 
"That's wonderful! Will I get to meet him anytime soon?"
 
I hesitated. How could I possibly explain to her that this 'friend' was actually someone I lived with and dated for four years? "Um... I'm not sure. He just came back from abroad. He's gonna be busy from now on. I don't even know if I will get to see him again."
 
"Oh well. It's nice that you got to see him again." She smiled humbly.
 
"...Yea." I chuckled awkwardly. 
 
Yea, it's great that I got to see him after all these years. Now if only I could stop thinking about him while I'm at home with my wife
 
 
 
Later that night Yuri was in the shower while I sat up in my bed. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I'd met Key just hours ago and was still in shock about it that he hadn't left my mind since then. He obviously looked different, but he really hadn't changed at all. It seemed as if we continued as we were with no disturbances. It's as if the last time I saw him was just yesterday. 
 
 
I wanted to see him again. No. 
 
had to see him again.  
 
 
I reached for my phone but stopped myself from unlocking the screen. 
 
Wait. What am I doing? Why do I want to see him again? I have a wife...
 
 
 
 
 
...Well, no one said I had to kiss him or anything. Key's just a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. We're just meeting to catch up on old times. 
 
 
I unlocked my phone screen and clicked on my text messages. Just one text, I told myself. I'll just semd one text. And then go to bed, since it was rather late. And my wife was going to come back any time now. 
 
 
I quickly checked my calendar to pick a good date. Not this weekend. That's Yoogeun's birthday. Perhaps the next?
 
 
But what would we do? Just talk? That's boring. We need something more... Oh why am I panicking? It's not like we're going on a date or anything...
 
Just one text. 
 
 
Me: Are you free this weekend? I was thinking
 
 
I deleted everything. Sounded too much like I'm asking him out. 
 
 
Me: Free this weekend. Wanna meet up?
 
There we go. Much more casual and friendly. 
 
I clicked 'send'. Then I quickly put my phone on silent just as Yuri came into the room, all ready for bed. 
 
"You're still up?"
 
"No. I was gonna turn in now. Just turning my alarm on for tomorrow."
 
 
She smirked. "At the rate you've been at I doubt you'll even need the alarm to wake up."
 
 
"I know, I know. I don't know why, but lately I've been awake before the alarm. Still, it wouldn't hurt."
 
She cupped my face. "Awww my poor baby hasn't gotten his beauty sleep. Look at the bags under your eyes~"
 
"Jagiya~ I don't look that bad." 
 
She giggled and pecked my lips. "Get some sleep tonight, sweetie."
 
 
"Goodnight."
 
We turned off our table lamps and lay down. Within moments Yuri was out like a mouse, while my phone screen lit up. I quietly checked it. Key replied. 
 
Key: Where do you wanna meet?
 
So he said yes! My spirits lifted high up. He said yes! I was so happy I couldn't come up with a proper reply. 
 
Me: We'll talk tomorrow. Gotta go to bed now. 
 
 
Key: Good night! Zzzzzz
 
I chuckled. Yep. That my good ol' Kibum. 
 
HII GUYS!! how have u all been? hope u didnt miss me too much ;) back with another update! Minkey meet again!!. lemme know what u guys think :)