The Big Game

A New Kind of Love


**********
Today was the big soccer match between Genie and some other athletics school. Minho was playing in the game today. It's not like we're gonna get in a relationship or something like that. All I can do is support him as a friend and nothing more. I've done it before when she-who-shall-not-be-named cheated on me. The other guy never found out about me as far as I know. Whenever I saw her with him I had to pretend we were just friends.

Nicole and I sat in the middle rows of the bleachers. "You hyped for the game?"

I glared at her and answered honestly. "If Minho wasn't in the game I wouldn't even be here."

She smiled. "Aigoo~ you're so cute when you talk about Minho."

I smiled. It always feels so relieving when I am honest with my feelings. That's why I like being with Nicole. I can be myself without any worries. Why can't life always be like this?

The game started. The crowds were ardent with enthusiasm as the game heated. One minute the other team had the ball. The next minute our team players successfully stole it from them.

Nicole and I cheered along with the rest of the crowd.

"CMON TEAM!! YOU CAN DO IT!!"

"DOOJOON-SSI FIGHTING!!"

"GET THE BALL!"

"MINHO FIGHTING!!!!!"

By the last game the score was tied. Just one more goal and our team would win.

And the game started with fierce competitiveness between the players. The offense on the other team had the ball for a good while until our team's leading player snatched it from them. It went back and forth for a while.

Then at last the ball belonged to Minho. The was coming soon. He successfully maneuvered the ball across the field and easily dodged offense players on the opposing team. My heart was beating so fast and so loud I could hear it more than the raging crowd. We all cheered for Minho.
"MINHO GET IT!!" I cheered with the crowd.

He made his way to the opposite goal. He gave one grand kick. The ball flew across. This was the moment. This was the moment that decided the game's fate.

It flew straight in the goal, too fast for the goalie to catch. At that moment the crowds shot up. Minho raised his right arm and screamed with a wide smile. We all started chanting clamorously.

"CHOI MINHO! CHOI MINHO! CHOI MINHO!"

The team picked Minho up and tossed him up and down. Two members sat him up on their shoulders as they praised him.

As they carried him off the field his eyes met mine. I smiled and raised my hand a little to wave to him. He raised his entire arm and waved back with the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. I liked it when he smiled like that. He looked so happy and all. I wish he was always this happy.


**********(MINHO)
My teammates carried me back to the locker rooms.

"Wahh~ Uri(our) Minho's really improved!" praised Gikwang sunbae.

"Yea man, you were on FIRE today." remarked Kyuhyun. "You're so good. Better than me." he chuckled.

I smiled. It was weird receiving such praise. "Thanks guys. I couldnt have done this without you all. You guys helped me a lot."

"Yah, don't be so modest." Changmin scolded.

Doojoon sunbae smirked. "Wow Minho won the game for us. Now all the girls will fall for him. You're a lucky man Minho-ya."

He continued. "You got a special girl in mind?"

Before I could answer Changmin sunbae interrupted. "Yah Yoon Doojoon, let the man rest. He just one a game. He's got plenty of thing to worry about besides a girl."

We all laughed. Little did they know that I actually did have someone in mind. And that special person was back at the dorm.

**********
I really wanted to see Minho. He was probably still in the locker room with his teammates. He wouldnt be concerned about me.
At last he came with his larger than life smile stretched across his face.

I ran over to congratulate him. "Minho-ya congrats!"

He picked me up as he laughed and spun me around. "Minho put me down!" I giggled.

When he put me down he rested his head on my shoulder. We stood there in a silent embrace. "Kibum-ah, thanks for coming. It really was great seeing you."

I blushed. " Oh, it was nothing. You know what?" I pulled back from our hug to look at his beautiful eyes. "We should celebrate! I got a whole case of soju with me."

"Yea we should do that." He said in between happy laughs.

********
I looked straight into his eyes. Our arms were still wrapped around each other. I decided this was the moment I was waiting for.

My heart was pounding heavily. I wanted it to last but I didnt want to scare Key. But I wondered, what trouble could there possibly be? Key said he liked me, and I like him too. Maybe it was too soon? Maybe I should have waited longer?

All these thoughts came to mind as I pulled his face close to mine and pressed my lips against his.

*********
He kissed me. I stood there shocked for a second and then slowly closed my eyes and embraces his soft lips.

I thought it was all a dream. Isn't this what I wanted? For Minho to like me? I mean, it felt magical, but there was some feeling that something was off...

Then again. He just won a game. Maybe he's just too in the moment?

As we pulled away from our kiss I looked at him while he looked down. The smile on his face was gone. He was about to speak - probably to apologize and say it was a mistake - but I stopped him with another kiss.

I thought I'd like it but instead, memories of the past filled my head. The happy times I had with Soyeon. How heartbroken I was when I saw her with another man...

I swiftly pulled away. Minho was stammering and tried to speak. "Key, I li-"

"Is this a dream?" I abruptly asked. I was breathing really hard. I didnt show it but I was about to cry. (God why do I cry so much?)

He stammered more before speaking. This is the first time I've seen him like this. "No Key. This isn't a dream. Key, I have to tell you something. I li-"

I left the room before I could cry more. I wanted to go back to talk about what just happened and if he really was mistaken but I had already started crying. I decided to crash at my house to think.

***********
He looked so scared when he left the room.

I sat on the bed and for the first time in a while, I cried. I hid my face in my hands and cried. I ruined it. I ruined it all. I hated myself over this. I guess I heard Key wrong. He didnt like me. He probably hated me after what I just did.