Detour

A New Kind of Love

 

WARNING: Mature content ahead. Read at your own discretion. 
 
 
 

***YURI***

 
 
 
 
I lay in bed, half covered by the blanket, staring out the window. I had taken the day off so I wouldn't have to go to my yoga class today. My body just wasn't up for exercising. My close friend Yoona was kind enough to let me stay at her place rather than stay at a hotel. 
 
 
 
"Oh, come on, Yuri! Tell me what's going on!" I heard Yoona plop behind me onto the bed. She rubbed my outer forearm. "Malhae~ I can't stand to see my best friend like this." I couldn't bring myself to answer, so I turned over onto my side, facing away from her. "Did Minho do something?"
 
 
 
I sighed. I had already flushed myself of all my tears before I left my family. I couldn't cry anymore. I didn't want to cry anymore. "I don't know what to do, Yoona."
 
 
She caressed my hand. "What is it? Did Minho say something to you? Did your parents do something?"
 
 
 
I gently squeezed her hand. "Nothing like that."
 
 
"Then what is it? Tell me." She softened her voice. 
 
 
I paused before responding. "It's Minho. He... He's been unhappy for a very long time. And I want him to be happy but... what if my kids aren't happy? No, I mean, even if they are..." I realized I had no idea why I was even upset to begin with. It was plain and simple: Minho couldn't be with the one he loved, and now he can. What's there to worry about?
 
 
 
Yoona, however, managed to pinpoint the 'what'. "He's happy, but you're not."
 
 
I closed my eyes. "I want him to have his happiness but... it may affect our kids. I don't know if I'm willing to go through it all. It's all happening so fast." 
 
 
 
"You can all be happy. I promise you'll find it soon. I don't know what all this is about, or why Minho couldn't be happy before, but why don't you talk about it with him? You two might be able to work something out."
 
 
"That's what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid it won't work out." 
 
 
 
"You won't know unless you try, Yuri." I removed my hand from hers. She petted my head. "I'm not saying to do it now. Do it when you're ready to. You deserve happiness just as much as Minho does."
 
 
 
 
***KEY***
 
 
 
 
"Why is your hair so rough, Key ahjussi?" Sooyoung asked while her dime-sized hands tickled my scalp and brushed through my hair. 
 
 
I was sitting on the ground of her room. I had offered to babysit while Minho took Yoogeun to the doctor. 
 
I chuckled. "That's what happens when you dye your hair to much."
 
 
Her smile quickly transformed into a frown. "Dye...? You mean... it's dead?"
 
 
 
My eyes widened, then I laughed and ruffled her hair. "No, Sooyoung-ah. Not die as in dead. Dye can also mean to color. I've colored my hair in the past."
 
 
 
Her eyes widened. "You can do that!?"
 
 
I nodded. "You wanna see?"
 
 
 
She nodded enthusiastically. I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures of me with red hair, bleached hair, light brown hair, highlights, rainbow, and then me with my normal brown/black hair. 
 
 
 
"Wooooaahhhhhh~" She opened so wide I bet she could fit her fist through it. I giggled. She makes the cutest noises when she's mindblown. "Meossisseo!! Ahjussi," She clapped her hands against my cheeks. "can I have red hair?"
 
 
Isn't she the cutest? "Maybe when you're older, Sooyoung. It's not good to color your hair at such a young age. If you don't get it done right, you can hurt yourself."
 
 
She pouted. "I want red hair!"
 
 
I held her tiny hands in mine. "You will get red hair when you're older. You'll get it if you behave. I promise, ok?" I held out my pinkie.
 
 
She looped her pinkie in mine. "Ok! But remember, you promised!"
 
 
 
I giggled and opened my arms, and she happily ran into mine and hugged my neck. I closed my eyes as the hug warmed my heart. There was something about hugging a smaller human being that put me at ease. 
 
 
 
"Ahjussi?"
 
 
"Yes, Sooyoung?"
 
 
 
"Are you here to replace my umma?"
 
 
 
I immediately pulled back so she faced me. "Sooyoung-ah! Why would you ever say that?"
 
 
Her smile vanished. "I'm sorry, ahjussi! I miss her so much! And you're here, but she's not! So I thought..." Her eyes began to fill with tears, but I wasn't about to let them fall. 
 
 
I cupped her face. "Choi Sooyoung, I am not here to replace your mother. I know you miss her. And I know she misses you, too. She will be back soon."
 
 
She held out her pinkie. "Promise?"
 
 
I hesitated before looping my pinkie in hers. "I promise." I smiled. Truthfully, I myself did not know when, or even if, Yuri planned on returning. But I couldn't tell that to Sooyoung. How would she react if she were to hear that her mother would never come back?
 
 
 
At that moment, I heard the door open. "Kibum-ah, I'm home!"
 
 
 
"Did you hear that, Sooyoung-ah? Appa's home!" She rejoiced as I scooped her up into my arms and made my way to the front door. Minho walked through with Yoogeun following him. 
 
 
"So how was the doctor's?"
 
 
Minho looked at Yoogeun. "Why don't you tell us, Yoogeun-ah?"
 
 
Yoogeun pouted adorably. "It was boooooring. The doctor kept measuring my height and weight even though I told them what they were! They wasted time checking."
 
 
Minho rolled his eyes. "Be grateful that you didn't have to get shots today." He looked at me. "Yoogeun hates getting shots."
 
 
"Appa! You know I don't like needles."
 
 
"I know. So don't complain about today's visit." He smiled when he saw Sooyoung. "Hello Sooyoung~" She smiled as I handed her over to him. "How was your time with Key Ahjussi?"
 
 
"It was awesome!! Ahjussi promised to give me red hair when I get older."
 
 
 
He looked back at me. "Kibum..."
 
 
 
"I showed her pictures of me with red hair. And I promised that she could do it when she's older," I stepped closer to the two and raised my finger. "But only if you're a good girl."
 
 
"I can be good!" She pressed her hands against her chubby cheeks and widened her eyes. 
 
 
 
Minho and I both laughed at her aegyo. 
 
 
 
"Hey! What about me!?" Yoogeun yelled. I motioned for him to come to my side. "I wanted to color my hair."
 
 
"We didn't forget about you, Yoogeun-ah." He walked over next to me and I patted his shoulder. "You want colored hair, too?"
 
 
 
"Yea! I wanna be the blue Power Ranger!" He spread his legs and pumped a fist out in front of him. Minho and I laughed loudly. These kids were just too irresistable. 
 
 
"Kibum," Minho said. "Don't go around making too many promises. Especially about the hair."
 
 
 
"Don't worry. I'll only allow them to color their hair if they remain good kids." I pointed to Sooyoung and then to Yoogeun. "Understand, you two?"
 
 
Both nodded earnestly. They both asked me to stay longer, and there was no way I could refuse when they flashed their aegyo and beady little eyes. 
 
 
Once again, I cooked dinner for the family and they all asked me to eat with them. We pretty much spent all of dinner chatting and blushing at the kids' aegyo. I felt like a part of their family because they welcomed me with open arms. But all throughout, I couldn't stop thinking about how the kids surely missed having their mother around. I wasn't here to replace her; I had no intention of it. I didn't want to split up a family. If only I could be a part of one without tearing it apart. 
 
 
 
While I cleaned up from dinner, Minho put Sooyoung and Yoogeun to sleep. He met with me in the kitchen and groaned. 
 
 
"Aigo~ Such a tiring day. For me, that is." He clasped his hands on the back of his neck and looked up. 
 
 
 
I smirked. "You never seem to get a break nowadays."
 
 
 
"I realize." He stepped forward. "Thanks again for babysitting while I was out. And for the dinner. Again."
 
 
"No need to thank me. I love your kids." Just the thought of them brought a smile to my face. "And cooking. It's a lot more preferable to cooking for just one person: me." I looked at the time on the kitchen clock. "I should be heading back now." I came by bus. I didn't want to miss the next one. 
 
 
 
"You've worked your off for the past few weeks. You deserve to be treated. Why don't I drive you back home?"
 
 
 
"That's not necessary. I can just catch the bus." 
 
 
"I insist. My treat."
 
 
 
"What about your kids?"
 
 
 
"They're asleep. I'll call Taemin and ask him to stay over in case they need anything."
 
 
 
"Are you sure? What if he's asleep?"
 
 
 
He smirked. "It's not that late. He'll be awake. And he's been here more often than you'd imagine." 
 
 
 
I guess he was really determined to return the favor. "...Okay. Let's go now."
 
 
 
 
We made our way to the car without haste. During the brief ride, I remembered what I had wanted to tell him. 
 
 
 
"Minho, Sooyoung said something earlier that bothered me."
 
 
 
"Bothered you? What did she say?"
 
 
 
"She asked me if I was going to replace her umma. And if umma was ever going to come back."
 
 
 
We reached a red traffic light and stopped. Minho didn't looked at me. 
 
 
 
"...She said that?" 
 
 
 
"Yea. What's going on with you and your wife?"
 
 
 
"...She said that she'd come back, but I don't know when - or even if she's returning. She hasn't been answering any of my calls or texts." Still avoiding eye contact, he sighed. "I was worried about this happening. About the kids resenting their umma and me. I'm sorry she had to say that about you."
 
 
 
I looked at the road ahead. The light turned green, and we went off. "I'm sorry I brought it up."
 
 
 
"No, no, don't apologize. Actually, thank you for telling me that. I need to know how my children feel. I'll talk to them about this tomorrow."
 
 
 
It became silent after that. I decided to change the topic. "How's Taemin?"
 
 
"Taemin? He's doing fine, I guess. Why do you ask?"
 
 
"...Oh, nothing. I haven't heard you talk about him a lot. I was just wondering how he's doing..."
 
 
 
"Well, I already told you that he still works in SM as a choreographer. And he's married to a jazz trainer."
He pulled up in the parking lot of my apartment complex. "We're here." He finally turned to face me. "Is everything all right?"
 
 
 
I took one long look at him before deciding to reply. "You look like you need a drink. Come inside. I'll get you a glass."
 
 
 
He immediately shook his head. "No thanks, Kibum. I'm fine. I should be heading back now."
 
 
 
"I insist. You've done so much without getting a break. You need a break." 
 
 
I stepped out of the car and motioned for him to do the same. As we walked to my apartment, I decided to confess. 
 
 
 
"Taemin visited me at work the other day."
 
 
 
Minho raised his eyebrow. "What? How did he...?"
 
 
 
"He said that he was there to pick up costumes for SM celebrities and that you told him I still worked at KKB. He said he decided to 'stop by'."
 
 
 
"...What did he say?"
 
 
 
I quietly sighed as we reached the elevator. When we entered and it closed, I responded, "He said that he was deeply sorry about doing what he did and if he could undo it, he would."
 
 
 
"And so? What are you gonna do about it?"
 
 
 
"I don't know. I didn't expect to see him again so soon. I know it's been ten years or so but..."
 
 
 
 
It didn't take long to get to my floor. "This way." I motioned him to follow me to my door, which was also pretty close by. I unlocked the door and headed to my kitchen, with Minho following. 
 
 
 
"Kibum, you don't have to forgive him if you don't want to." He sat down at a stool by the counter while I went to the fridge. "No alcohol tonight. I have to drive back."
 
 
 
I got him water and sat in the stool next to him. "To be honest, I never thought I'd have to forgive him. I assumed I'd just never see him again." I crossed my arms and pressed them on the counter. 
 
 
"Don't feel like you're obligated to forgive him. I wouldn't be angry with you if you didn't."
 
 
I sighed. "That's a relief."
 
 
 
"Hey, he's my friend; he doesn't have to be yours. Take your time with him."
 
 
 
I smiled. "Thanks." He smiled back. 
 
 
 
We didn't talk after that. I got us a bowl of strawberries to munch on. After a long silence, I decided to ask him something that was bothering me. 
 
 
 
"You kept telling me earlier that you didn't ask to be married and have kids. What did you mean by that?"
 
 
He answered in between bites. "Yuri's father is this wealthy businessman and entrepreneur like my father, so they arranged for me to marry her. I rebelled against it but my father shut me down and forced me to comply. As for my kids..." He averted my eyes; did I go too far? 
 
 
 
I squeezed his shoulder. "You don't have to answer the part about the kids. I'm sorry. I shouldn't pry." 
 
 
 
 
He shook his head. "Don't be sorry. There's no reason why I should keep any of this from you. I'm okay with telling you. I love my kids. I don't regret having them." And who could blame him? Hell, I love his kids and I just met them a few weeks ago. 
 
 
 
I released his shoulder. "Why did you rebel? Did you hate her that much?" I instinctively inched closer to him. 
 
 
"No, I barely knew her back then. It's just..." He eyed my flat hand on the counter and gently placed his on top. I looked up at him, trying to read his mind, but he still avoided my gaze. He gently squeezed my fingers. "It was so soon after you'd left and... and I didn't want to sign myself away to another person..."
 
 
At that moment, a tear nearly fell from my eye, but I it back in. What was I hearing? My ex boyfriend openly tells me that he still thought about me after we separated... even into his marriage and possibly after that.  
 
 
"You still thought about me?"
 
 
He nodded and finally met my gaze. "How could I not?"
 
 
 
I curled my fingers to grip his hand better and rubbed his with my thumb. I've heard people compare me to a cat, and my curiosity now would surely land me in hot water later on. "When did that stop? ...When did you stop thinking about me?"
 
 
A pause followed before he answered, "To be honest... I don't think I ever did."
 
 
 
 
 
 
I noticed a sparkle in his eye, which relayed his imminent course of action to me. Last time, I shied away from his advances; this time, I was tired of running away. I felt his body heat up as our faces slowly approached one another. I closed my eyes and fully embraced his tender lips with mine. 
 
 
 
We shared a long, sweetly passionate kiss. I squeezed his hand tighter before our lips naturally parted. I felt my crotch tingle. This time, I wasn't going to hold back; I quickly reconnected our lips and turned my body away from the counter to face his. 
 
 
Before I knew it, I was back in his embrace for the first time in ten years, with my hands clawing through his hair and his arms enclosing my waist. Our kisses heated up rapidly, and finally we had to separate to catch our breath. 
 
 
I avoided eye contact, worrying that I would think about what we just did and regret it. Minho approached my lips but did not kiss me; instead, he kept some space between us, just so we would breath each other's air. 
 
 
It just then struck me that it was late at night and he would have to leave soon. I did not want him to go. That kiss had fueled my desires to the max. 
 
 
"Do you have to go now?" I wishpered, still panting from the intensity of our last kiss. 
 
 
"Taemin's there. I could tell him to stay for the night, if needed." 
 
 
 
That was enough for me. Without another thought, I released both of our arms. I placed the strawberries in the fridge before I grabbed his hand and promptly walked him to my bedroom. 
 
 
 
 
At the very second the door to my room closed, we went full on. Minho lifted me up in the air and wrapped my legs around his waist. I latched onto his neck and on his lips. He plopped down onto the bed, allowing me to straddle and subsequently grind on his crotch. Our moans made our lips vibrate, and thus our kisses more intense. Without separating our lips, I went to his shirt, but he stopped me. 
 
 
 
"Are you sure about this?"
 
 
 
I panted loudly. This was the first time in a while that I was this hungry and fiery. "Yes." I nodded rapidly. "I want to go all the way tonight!" Just then, I laid my elbow on Minho's shoulder and slapped my head. "Oh ..."
 
 
 
"What is it?"
 
 
 
I closed my eyes, suddenly embarrassed that I had dragged Minho all the way to my bed without being prepared. "I don't have anything." And I highly doubted that Minho would have a secret stash or something. 
 
 
 
He did not respond; instead, he lightly touched my jaw and tilted it upward so I was facing him. He leaned in and connected our lips in a deep kiss. 
 
 
"We'll figure something out."
 
 
Without hesitating, he rejoined our lips and we went at it again. This time, though, Minho took full control. He raised me and lay me down on my back. He my lower lip, and I immediately permitted access to my mouth. Little by little, I was succumbing my strength to him. I trusted him. I knew he was going to make tonight work. 
 
 
 
Without warning, he bombarded my neck with hickeys. Soon after, he slid his hand down to my pants and ped them. I gasped at his close proximity to my crotch. With one swift flick of the wrist, he slid my pants off. I tightened my grasp on his neck and moaned louder. This was all too much for me to handle. His lips traveled to the middle of my chest. He traveled further down my body, leaving behind a trail of kisses, and imprinted a lingering kiss at my . I was already hard, but now I was on the verge of exploding. 
 
 
 
His fingers formally slipped off my briefs, exposing my crotch to the open air. He raised my shirt above my navel, revealing my bare skin. I didn't know what he had in mind. Without lube, actual was nearly impossible. I figured that he would just finger me the whole time, which would have sufficed for me, considering this would be our first intimate time in almost a decade. I moaned with pleasure when Minho slid his hands up my thighs. I calmly exhaled, thinking that tonight would be pleasant and peaceful - that is until he engulfed my in his mouth.
 
 
 
 
"AHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed. I panted for breath as he expertly swirled his tongue around my tip. I heard a smirk escape him; he knew that what he did . The same thing happened the very first time he fellated me: that time, I screamed so loud that our neighbors rang our doorbell and asked us to keep the noise down. I wouldn't have been surprised if my neighbor this time did the same thing. 
 
 
 
I arched my back, erratically. By instinct, I pumped my up and down, forcing Minho to pin my thighs down and me harder. He glided his tongue up and down my shaft and all over my hole. I couldn't pump because Minho had me bolted down, which annoyed me. My was going to explode at any second; I NEEDED to pump. 
 
 
 
By now, I was a mess. With Minho's mouth my , his hands locking my legs, his tongue tempting me in every way possible, I lost it. I started yelling at the top of my lungs. 
 
 
 
"MINHO!!!! FUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!"
 
 
 
At last, I came. Somehow he managed to capture all of it in his mouth. When I released, I felt a huge weight rise from my shoulders. Finally. After almost a decade, I finally got to receive pleasure from my beloved. 
 
 
 
My moans slowed and quieted as my softened. Minho soon finished up all the and slid off of my . He released my thighs and sat up, and then slowly collapsed on me. He landed near my neck, and proceeded to deliver soft, sweet pecks. 
 
 
I was still cooling down from the heat. His soft kisses eased my rapid heart rate. I closed my eyes and moaned quietly with each kiss. 
 
 
"Ohh Choi Minho... it's been so long."
 
 
He lifted his head from my neck and looked into my eyes. "You have no idea how much I've wanted to kiss you ever since you came back."
 
 
I breathed steadily as his lips inched closer and closer to my lips. When we finally kissed, it struck me that his was still pressing against me. 
 
 
"You're still hard."
 
 
He stopped kissing me. "Don't worry about that. It'll soften up in a bit."
 
 
 
I began pushing him off of my chest. "Get on your back."
 
 
He held me down. "No, you don't have to."
 
 
"I want to. I don't want to leave you out."
 
 
 
He shook his head. "You're not leaving me out. Kissing you and pleasuring you were enough for me."
 
 
 
I smiled and kissed him deeply. "What's your plan now?"
 
 
 
He rested his head on the pillow and faced me. "I don't wanna leave you. Not now."
 
 
 
"I have spare toothbrushes. And I think I have clothes that will fit you."
 
 
He lifted his head. "Are you serious?" I nodded. "You'll let me stay over?"
 
 
"I can, but I don't want you to forget about Sooyoung and Yoogeun."
 
 
 
He pouted. "Fair, but tonight I'm going to be selfish. I'll call Taemin and tell him to stay for the night." 
 
 
 
"Alright. Just know that if he gets mad, it's your responsibility, not mine."
 
 
 
"I got that." 
 
 
 
I pecked his lips before getting up, but Minho held me down. 
 
 
"Why don't we stay here tonight?" He brushed my cheek with his thumb. "Let's just fall asleep together here."
 
 
 
"No. I need to change into a fresh pair of clothes, and I think you should, too. Do you know how uncomfortable sleeping in jeans can be?" He looked over at his bottoms, and then rolled his eyes because he knew I was right. "Besides, unlike you, I care about hygiene. And I love you, but your breath reeks of strawberries." I slid out from under him and went over to pick up my pants and briefs. 
 
 
 
"So does yours!" He complained. 
 
 
 
"All the more reason to brush our teeth before bed." I combatted while walking to my closet. 
 
 
 
I changed into a loose t-shirt and a fresh set of boxers. For Minho I fished out the largest t-shirt I had plus a pair of shorts. I threw them onto the bed, but they landed directly on him since he hadn't budged. 
 
 
"Change into these. Did you tell Taemin?"
 
 
"Yea, I just called him. He's cool with it."
 
 
 
"Good."
 
 
 
After he changed, we brushed our teeth together. While trying to figure out how the Hell Taemin acted so coolly about staying over at Minho's place on a Friday night, we ended up competing over who could finish brushing his first. We did this often when we lived together. We both brushed rapidly and raced to spit in the sink. We ended up spitting at the same time and giggling like idiots, just like old times. But in all honesty, I finished first. 
 
 
 
 
After all that was needed was done, we lay in my bed with the lights off, lying on our sides and facing each other. We reminisced some of our best moments together. 
 
 
 
"You remember our first time? Or really, our almost first time?"
 
 
Minho scoffed. "You mean when you  brought me all the way to your parents' bedroom only to have your parents come home? At the very moment we were both in nothing but underwear?" I blushed. "Yea... I think I recall."
 
 
"Shut up. I told you they were supposed to come weeks later."
 
 
He chuckled. "I remember you said that they were literally walking up the driveway while we were rushing to get dressed. And they found out anyway."
 
 
I laughed. "They still didn't find out."
 
 
He frowned. "What do you mean? Your parents saw the hickeys I left."
 
 
"They know that we were about to have . I meant they still don't know that we tried to get down in their bedroom.
 
 
 
He dropped his jaws. "They don't know?"
 
 
 
I nodded. "I cleaned up the bedroom and everything."
 
 
 
He exhaled forcefully. "After all these years..."
 
 
I smiled sneakily. "It's still our dirty little secret." We pecked and cuddled closer. 
 
 
 
"I love you too, Kim Kibum."
 
 
 
I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"
 
 
 
"Earlier, when you complained about my breath, you said that you loved me."
 
 
I had to think really hard to realize that he was right. The words had slipped out of my mouth so casually that I had not given it a second thought. Surprisingly, tonight made me feel as if we had never really separated; instead, we just continued what we left behind ten years ago. 
 
 
 
"I did, didn't I..."
 
 
 
He caressed my cheek and kissed me. "I love you, Kibum-ah."
 
 
 
I smiled. "I love you, too."
I snuggled into his chest and, at long last, we drifted off to sleep together. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
THE NEXT MORNING
 
 
 
 
When we finally awoke from our slumber, Minho tried to kiss me, but I stopped him because of his smelly breath. We basically bickered all throughout as we got up and brushed our teeth. It felt just like our days back in our apartment. Everything played out so casually until we talked about how we were going to get dressed for the day. 
 
 
 
"Are you sure you're cool with wearing yesterday's clothes?"
 
 
"I'm cool with it. I'll be home soon, where I can change into a clean set."
 
 
 
"When are you planning on leaving?"
 
 
 
"That depends," he looked straight at me. "on how long we take to get ready. And when Taemin will call."
 
 
 
"We can get you outta here quicker if you shower first."
 
 
 
"Ok, I'll go then."
 
 
 
I pouted and lowered my head. This time, he was really leaving for the day. Sure I can always see him again, but I still felt unsure, since we weren't officially together yet. I wanted him with me for as long as possible. I wasn't about to lose sight of him again. I don't know why I told him to shower first. If he showered first, then he'd be out sooner. 
 
 
 
After last night, I couldn't help but feel , and also obligated to return the favor. So before he took of his shirt, I threw my arms around his neck and planted a steamy kiss on his lips. 
 
 
 
He kissed back and pulled my hips closer to his. 
 
 
"What's gotten into you this morning?" He inquired in a y tone. 
 
 
 
"I just missed you so much." I replied, reconnecting our lips and sliding my hands up his shirt. Our kisses were hot from the start, and they could only heat up further from there. 
 
 
He parted our lips again. "Are you thinking what I think you are?" He raised an eyebrow. 
 
 
 
I nuzzled his neck and whispered, "And what would that be?" This time I managed to completely peel off his shirt. His body heat radiated through me. "Oh Minho~ you're so warm."
 
 
 
"Looks like someone's excited today." 
 
 
 
Without raising my head from his neck, I whispered, "I haven't felt this good in years." I inched toward his ear. "You gave me the time of my life last night. I want to share that with you."
 
 
 
I felt Minho's heartbeat race. To my satisfaction, he lovingly kissed my temple and lifted my shirt. I raised my arms above my head so he could slip it off. Before long, we were both down to our underwear. We didn't have to talk further to know that we were on the same page. 
 
 
At long last, we were both in the shower. After cleansing our bodies, he held me against the wall and attacked my lips. I hugged his well-toned body close to my body and relished in his warmth, combined with that of the water raining down on us. He grabbed my and made me grind on him. I haven't felt this free in so long; I longed for the day when our bodies could embrace lovingly and shamelessly. We both knew that that day had finally come, and we relished in our embrace as our kisses grew more sloppy. 
 
 
 
This time, I took control of the situation. I released myself from his grasp and fell straight to his hardened . Eyeing him seductively, I engulfed him in my mouth. Now, I smirked when I heard Minho's screams of pleasure. The pelting hot droplets from the showerhead fired us up. I held his hips against the wall and closed my eyes, making certain that I gave him the best of his life. 
 
 
 
 
After drying off, we lay on my bed in our bathrobes, facing each other. (And yes, I had more than one bathrobe; why wouldn't I? I don't always want to wear blue.) Our lips were a few centimeters apart; our legs were dangerously close but not in direct contact; Minho's arms were crossed over his chest while mine supported my head. For a good while, we remained in these positions, passing heavy, flirty remarks back and forth. 
 
 
 
 
"Are you sure you don't have to go now?"
 
 
 
"It's still kinda early." Technically, it was still before noon. "I'm not gonna leave you so soon." He inched his lower body closer to mine. Our legs were only a hair apart. "Besides, I'm gonna need some time to recover from our shower."
 
 
 
I smiled matter-of-factly. "You know I give the best s."
 
 
 
He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Sure you do."
 
 
 
 
I widened my eyes. "Are you doubting me??"
 
 
 
 
"I'm not doubting you. I think I've done better."
 
 
 
"Excuse me? You probably don't recall, but I seem to remember hearing someone screaming with pleasure in a shower not to long ago."
 
 
 
"You wanna challenge me?"
 
 
 
I raised my eyebrows. "You crazy bastard."
 
 
 
He laughed. "Oh how I missed pressing your buttons."
 
 
 
"Ya! Keep this up and you won't be pressing any of these buttons anytime soon." I warned, motioning to my torso and lower body with my finger.
 
 
 
He raised an eyebrow. "And how is that supposed to punish me?"
 
 
 
I gasped and smacked his head. "You son of a !"
 
 
 
He guffawed. "It's so fun playing with you!" He ruffled my hair but I swatted his hand away. "Stop pouting~ You know I was kidding, right?" I lightened up knowing that he enjoyed it. 
 
 
 
"Of course I do." I smiled. 
 
 
 
He smiled back and reached for my head again, so I raised my hand in defense, prepared to swat it away if he touched my hair. 
 
 
 
"Don't fret, I'm not gonna touch your hair." He gently lowered his hand to my jawline and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "You look so beautiful when you smile." I blushed and placed my hand on his. "You know that?" I calmly sighed and looked into his eyes. There was no need to reply; he knew my answer. 
 
 
 
I closed my eyes and cherished his touch. He then spoke, "Can I ask you something?"
 
 
 
I opened my eyes and frowned. "Do you really have to ask?"
 
 
 
He chuckled. "No. But I never understood something: I'm the first man you ever dated, right?"
 
 
 
I raised an eyebrow, not sure where exactly this conversation was heading.  
 
 
 
"Yea... why-?"
 
 
 
"So how did you get all that lube?"
 
 
 
I widened my eyes. "What are you talking about?"
 
 
 
 
"You had that big stash of lube under your bed, but you didn't tell me how it got there."
 
 
 
"Minho, I told you how it got there."
 
 
 
 
"No you didn't. If you did, I would have remembered. You don't always meet a guy with a stash that big." 
 
 
 
Now, I was beginning to doubt myself. "I never told you?" He shook his head. "The stash wasn't for me. You remember Jo Kwon hyung?" He nodded. "He lived nearby and he was dating Seulong hyung. For a good while, they didn't come out to either of their parents, so they saw each other in secret. Jo Kwon hyung asked me - or forced me rather - to keep his stash of lube for him. I hid it under my bed so my parents wouldn't find it, and so hyung could just sneak in through my window, get what he needed and scram quickly."
 
 
 
He turned more onto his side and raised his eyebrows. "Really? All of that lube was for your hyung?"
 
 
 
"Hey, it wasn't my option. You have no idea how many times he and Seulong hyung got down on my bed when I wasn't home."
 
 
 
He guffawed. "You're kidding!"
 
 
 
I shuddered. "I had to ask him a hundred times to make sure I could sleep in my own bed."
 
 
 
"Is the stash still there?"
 
 
 
I glared at him. "It's been ten years, Minho. It's way past its expiration date. Actually, I think hyung took it back and threw it out."
 
 
 
"That's a shame. We could've gotten further if you had the stash."
 
 
 
I scoffed. "Yes, expired lube would have helped us a lot."
 
 
 
 
"I'm just saying-"
 
 
 
"Dude, was your really that bad?"
 
 
 
"No! I'm just saying we could have gone a step ahead if we had it." 
 
 
 
I rolled my eyes. "Are you really that concerned with having with me?"
 
 
 
"Don't look at me! Besides, whose bed and robes are we in right now?"
 
 
 
 
I my bottom lip seductively. "I think I need a little reminder."
 
 
 
He knowingly smiled and we kissed. We didn't have to move since our lips were only a few centimeters apart. I caressed his jaw to deepen the kiss; it was only a matter of time before our tongues entered the fray. Truthfully, I had not expected this kiss to become so passionate so quickly, and before I knew it, I had climbed on top of him, straddling his hips. I was already getting hard, which made me worry that we were moving too fast; luckily, to my relief, his hands gripped my hips and made certain they didn't leave his. 
 
 
 
Unfortunately, our intimate moment was disrupted by a loud ringtone. I initially ignored it but it kept ringing. Without moving my lower body, I reached over to the table beside the bed and retrieved Minho's phone. He released my hips to unlock the phone. 
 
 
 
"It's Taemin. He's asking when I'm coming back."
 
 
 
I sighed. "Are you working today?"
 
 
 
He rolled his eyes. "Key, if I was working today, I wouldn't have you wrapped all over me now."
 
 
 
I leaned in closer to his face. "Do you have to leave?"
 
 
 
"Well, I don't have to just yet. Taemin's been at my place for entire days on previous occasions." He placed his phone aside - but not without silencing it - and gripped my hips again. "He can stay there for a while longer."
 
 
"I like the sound of that." I chuckled as I leaned down and sealed our lips together. It didn't take long to return to our intimacy. I felt Minho's hard crotch against mine, and I grinded on it to fuel our desires. 
 
 
"Wait." Minho broke up our kiss. "But we don't have anything..."
 
 
 
In contrast with last night, I was a bit more confident this time. And hungry. "We'll figure it out. I have something in mind." 
 
 
 
I leaned down to shut him up but he objected. "Are you sure? Won't it be a little... tight?"
 
 
 
"We won't know until we try. You trust me, don't you?"
 
 
 
"Of course I trust you..." A reassuring smile stretched across his face as we kissed yet again. I could feel his confidence radiating through his body, because he started pumping upward. A sharp gasp escaped my lips as his hands slid up the back of my thighs underneath my robe and firmly grabbed my cheeks. My body heated up as this was the first time in years - and the second time this morning - Minho was touching me in this way, with his bare hands on my . Our kisses became more sloppy as I grinded harder and we moaned louder. At this point, it didn't surprise me when he finally stuck a finger up my . 
 
 
 
Again, he separated our mouths, but to my pleasure, he didn't remove his finger. "How long do you think this will take?"
 
 
 
I had to admit: he had a point. With lube it wouldn't take that long to get to the love-making stage; we had never tried getting there without lube. 
 
 
 
He continued. "Not that I mind. I just need an idea so I can know how far along we'll be before Taemin interrupts us again."
 
 
 
I rolled my eyes. Oh him and Taemin. It's amazing how much they keep track of each other. "Tell you what: we'll take as long as we need..." I paused my sentence to kiss him. "And if we take longer than expected..." A lingering peck to his cheek. "Just tell him you're on your way, but you'll be late..."
 
 
 
He exhaled slowly and deeply when I reached his neck and grinded again. "Late?" 
 
 
 
"Yea, late..." I smooched the back of his neck and whispered into his ear. "Think of this as a little... detour."
 
 
 
"Detour..."
 
 
At this point, I slowly glided my tongue across his plump lips before sitting up. I temporarily lifted my hips; his hands did not budge from my . I untied his robe and pulled the layers apart, exposing his body to the open air. Smirking, I smashed my crotch onto his. Our grinding session continued, but at a more vigorous rate, because Minho began pumping upward more intensely. A second finger penetrated my rear. I pressed down on his abs, stopping him briefly, before repositioning myself so his upright stood between my two cheeks. 
 
 
 
I nodded, granting him permission to continue. Since the real thing was approaching, Minho pumped at a slower rate, which allowed him to insert another finger and stretch me as needed. I closed my eyes and hung my head back, while sensually wiggling my hips. My rubbed up and down his shaft. We both moaned with sweet pleasure at the scandalous contact. 
 
 
 
I kept my eyes closed, relishing every slight contact and movement we shared. I quietly gasped when I felt Minho's free hand untie my robe, open it, and grasp my exposed hips. I took his hand in mine and brought it up to my chest, and slowly slid it down my body. Despite initiating it, this intimate contact, added to the friction growing between our lower regions, sent tingling sensations all throughout my body. From him me with one hand to him feeling me up with the other, to his rock-hard rubbing against me, my body was helpless. 
 
 
 
Now, Minho pumped at medium speed. I moved up and down with his motions. I moaned louder because I could feel his nearing my entrace with every pump. He finally removed all his fingers. He continued pumping and I continued wiggling and jutting my out to meet his . We joined hands and pumped a few more times before the tip of his finally met my entrance. It had not penetrated quite yet, but they were touching. A few more jumps would surely do the trick. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This time, with each and every upward pump Minho performed, I pushed down, hoping that he would penetrate me sooner. But before we could get further in, we stopped moving altogether...
 
 
 
 
 
 
...at the sound of a doorbell. 
 
 
 
 
 
I didn't open my eyes just yet. "Ignore it. It will go away soon. It's probably some salesman."
 
 
 
This time, the sound of rapid knocking filled the air, which completely ruined the mood. I opened my eyes and looked toward the front door. This guy was really being persistent.
 
 
 
"Aishh~ who would come now?" I mumbled under my breath. I looked at Minho longingly. He flicked his head to the side, allowing me to leave. I caressed his jaw and planted a quick but deep peck on his lips before reluctantly leaving the bed. 
 
 
 
I closed my robe and tied it tightly as I made my way to the door. I cursed under my breath, wondering who the hell would come to my door at this hour. But I was in for a surprise, for when I opened the door, my jaws immediately dropped. 
 
 
 
 
"...Appa!?"
 
 
 
 
"Hi, Kibum-ah!" He flashed his trademark smile, and then frowned when he noticed that I was still in my bathrobe. "Oh, you haven't gotten dressed yet?"
 
 
 
"Uhhh... you know. It's the weekend. Sometimes I like to sleep in. What brings you here?"
 
 
 
 
 
"You didn't get my text?" I shook my head. "Must have forgotten to send it. Or perhaps I sent it to your mother instead. Anyway, about those wedding designs you left at our place, I brought them back. They're in my car."
 
 
 
Just then, my stomach violently growled. We both looked down at it. 
 
 
"You haven't eaten yet?" I shook my head. He smiled warmly. "Why don't we go out and grab something for brunch? My treat. I'll wait for you to get dressed."
 
 
 
 
My face heated up. "No! I mean, no, you don't have to do that. You've done so much for me already." I impulsively massaged the back of my neck.
 
 
 
"Kibum-ah!? What are those-" he pointed to the hickeys on my neck. He now began whispering. "Oh... You have someone here?"
 
 
 
I squeezed my eyes shut in embarassment. "Appa..."
 
 
 
"I'm sorry. I really should have called before barging in. I'll come back later and give you time to clean..." His voice trailed off and his eyes focused on something beside me. He dropped his jaws. "You!?"  
 
 
 
 
I quickly widened my eyes and turned around to see an anxious Minho headed toward the kitchen. I knew I was in big trouble now, but in hindsight, it could have been worse. You could not imagine how grateful I was - albeit embarassed that my dad had discovered him - for Minho being fully clothed. He was in yesterday's clothes. He froze in place and slightly bowed toward my dad. 
 
 
 
"Mr. Kim."
 
 
 
"Kibum what is he-" Appa pointed to him and then to my neck, connecting the dots in the process. I looked up to the ceiling. Yup, hell was about to break loose in 3, 2, 1...
 
 
 
 
"GIT BACK HERE YOU SON OF A !!" Appa quickly charged at Minho, but I held him back. 
 
 
 
"Appa, I can explain-"
 
 
 
"Explain what!? Why the man who deported you is in your apartment?!" He continued trying to run at Minho but I held him back. 
 
 
 
Minho walked up to us. "Mr. Kim, I think we need to talk-"
 
 
 
"Yea, Appa. Let's sit down and talk about this. All three of us."
 
 
 
 
"Sit down? We should have done that before your exile!" He grabbed and pulled Minho's hair, and I continued to hold him back as Minho screamed and tried to remove Appa's hand from his hair. Our rowdy session went on for a while. Appa was determined not to back down. 
 
 
 
 
Eventually, our fiasco cooled of, and Minho and I sat on the couch side by side while appa paced back and forth in front of us. Minho had an ice pack on his head because my father practically tried to yank his hair out. I still had only my bathrobe on. Minho and I didn't move; we just followed Appa's pacing with our eyes. He at last faced us and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to make sense of the situation. 
 
 
 
"Alright, Kibum, tell me. Exactly how long has this been going on?"
 
 
 
Minho and I looked at each other, and then back at appa. "How long has what been going on, appa?" I wasn't trying to act innocent; I was asking a genuine question. As of right now, Minho and I were not officially dating or doing anything serious. We were just friends, and what happened last night didn't change anything. I had actually wanted to talk about it with Minho today but my dad's presence delayed me from asking him. 
 
 
 
"Don't act innocent with me, Kibum."
 
 
 
"Well you see, Mr. Kim-"
 
 
 
Appa raised his hand. "You, be quiet. I asked Kibum." He turned to me and waited for a response. 
 
 
 
"Well, I started talking with Minho again a few months ago. We didn't start anything serious; we just remained friends. And then, just last night, we..." I eyed my robe to communicate our wild night to appa. "We didn't... officially... date at all recently."
 
 
 
 
He crossed his arms. "So, this is a one time thing?"
 
 
 
 
My eyes widened. Minho and I hadn't even discussed it with each other! How could I possibly answer that now!?
 
 
 
"Appa~ Why do you have to ask me now? We're not even dating yet!" I whined. 
 
 
 
He nodded. "I understand. You need time to figure this out. But understand something: I'm only prying because the man who caused your exile is in your apartment today-"
 
 
"Appa! Minho didn't have anything to do with it!"
 
 
 
"Then he should have stopped it!"
 
 
 
"How could he!? He didn't have a say! It was his father who banished me, not Minho himself! Minho was a victim! His dad was the one who separated us; his dad was the one who made him get married; his father was the one-" I cut myself off, horrified at what had just spilled out of my mouth. I clasped my hand over my lips. 
 
 
 
 
Appa lowered his brows and focused on Minho. "You're married?" Minho hesitantly nodded. "That's it. You're done for!" He lunged toward Minho to grab his hair againand possibly tear his skin off, but I intercepted. Appa fought to get a firm grasp on Minho, but my presence blocked him. Minho shielded his face with his arms in defense, while I was basically sandwiched between him and my dad. We all wrestled in one clump for a bit until appa sharply slapped me and I released a shrill scream. 
 
 
 
"KIBUMMAH!!" Appa gasped, taken aback at what had just occurred. I rose my hand to the side of my head where he had hit me. "I'm so sorry! Are you ok?!"
 
 
 
"Kibum-ah!" Minho wrapped his arms around me. "Are you hurt-"
 
 
 
"Ya!" Appa cut him off. "You keep quiet. Let me talk to my son." He removed his arms. 
 
 
 
I rubbed the aching area. "Did you have to go so hard?"
 
 
 
Appa lowered his voice and gripped my shoulders. "I'm sorry, Kibum." Minho moved the ice pack to the side of my head. Appa, his lips quivering, stood up and walked toward the TV, facing away from us. Just then, Minho's phone vibrated, but appa didn't seem to hear it. Minho looked at the screen and looked at me. 
 
 
 
"I have to go. For real this time." He whispered. I nodded, allowing him to leave, since he had been here long enough for now. "I'll call you later." He pecked my cheek lovingly before exiting out the door. 
 
 
 
 
Appa brushed his hands through his hair and asked, without turning around to face me, "Where'd he go now?"
 
 
 
I didn't face him either; instead, I stared at the front door. "Probably to tend to his kids," I mumbled subconsciously. 
 
 
He turned to me and widened his eyes. "Kids? He has kids?" I nodded, still facing the door. I heard him plop down to my right side. "Aigoo~ my head hurts. All this... Aish." I finally looked at him, with curious eyes. He rubbed his head aggressively to ease the ache. He collapsed sideways, his head landing on the pillow to the left of me. I planted my ice pack on his head and massaged the side of his neck. 
 
 
 
"He has a wife and kids... and he was here... Aishh this is such a mess..."
 
 
 
 
YURI POV
 
 
 
 
 
All I could do was stare. I still had not garnered the courage to call Minho and tell him how I feel. I stared at the phone in my hand, scrolling through my contacts to avoid pressing his number. Was I emotionally ready for this? Was this the right thing to do? Would he understand?
 
 
 
 
 
No. None of that mattered. Even if he wouldn't understand, it had to be done. I couldn't keep living like this: living as if I did not deserve a say in the matter or perhaps some kind of happiness. Without hesitating, I scrolled to Minho's name and pressed it. It rang a couple of times before he picked up. 
 
 
 
"Hello? Yuri?"
 
 
His voice, having not heard it for so long, startled me at first. I nervously shook. "H-Hi."
 
 
 
"Yuri! Where are you? How have you been?"
 
 
"I'm fine. I really needed the alone time." I paused before breaking the awkward silence. "How are Sooyoung and Yoogeun?"
 
 
 
"They really miss you. They don't stop talking about you."
 
 
 
 
I couldn't hold back my smile. I almost teared up at the thought of my kids. "How have you been?"
 
 
 
 
"Me?"
 
 
 
 
"Yea."
 
 
 
 
"...It's been tough. Taking care of the kids and work and all that. Manageable, but tough... is everything alright?"
 
 
 
 
I dropped my head. "I don't know. I just want this to work out for both of us."
 
 
 
 
"What do you mean?"
 
 
 
 
I fanned myself to prevent tears from falling. "I-I want you to be happy, that's all. I don't want you to force yourself to love me like I love you. If being with your friend makes you happy, then I want you to do that." I sniffed. "But I don't want to leave my kids. I don't want them to grow up thinking we don't care about them or that we hate each other to the point where we can't live together." I placed my phone down to release a few tears. 
 
 
 
 
"Yuri? Yuri, are you still there?" I recomposed myself and replied yes into the phone. "I know how you feel. I don't want you to be unhappy, and I don't want to exclude you from the kids. You are still a part of our family. They need and miss you. I miss you as well." A pause followed. "Why don't we meet up to discuss this? I don't like talking about this via phone."
 
 
 
 
Before I could answer, a familiar, tiny voice spoke from the other end. 
 
 
 
"Appa, who are you talking to?"
 
 
 
"I'm talking to your umma, Yoogeu.  You want to say hi?"
 
 
 
"Umma!? Hi umma!" My Yoogeunie sang. I gasped in awe. "Where are you!? I miss you so much!"
 
 
 
 
"Hi Yoogeunie! Umma is great! She had to help a close friend out of necessity. I'm actually planning on coming back soon."
 
 
 
"Umma~ please come home." My heart melted. 
 
 
 
"Of course I'll come home. Just wait a little but more, okay?"
 
 
 
 
"Ok!"
 
 
 
Minho took control of the phone this time. "Yoogeun, why don't you go wash up?" After hearing his little feet run away, Minho resumed, "Let's meet up this week. We'll talk it all out."
 
 
 
"We?"
 
 
 
 
"Yes. You, me, and Kibum."
 
 
 
 
Kibum? "Kibum? Y-You mean-"
 
 
 
"Yes. My friend." Him? The person who drove my husband's heart crazy? "We're not anything official yet, but I've started seeing him. I think we should all sit down and discuss this crazy situation."
 
 
 
I thought the idea sounded crazy at first, but he was right. We couldn't continue with this three-way talk. I needed to see both of them in person. "Ok. Let's do that."
 
 
 
HIII EVERYBODY! ive been working on this for weeks and i didnt expect to upload this so late. sorry about that! i hope u guys enjoy this. also it was my bdaytwo days ago ^^ love u guys and thank you for still reading even thought i keep delaying <3 also sry for any typos. i have not been able to proofread this yet