Introductions

A New Kind of Love

MINHO POV

I had finally reached the Genie School of Athletics & Arts. I had all my belongings and made my way to the lobby desk. I had to get my dorm. 

 
Shortly after, I made my way to my new home. There were two beds, two dressers, a closet, a bathroom and two desks. Nothing extravagant really. My roomate had not arrived yet. I was just left there to ponder on my own thoughts in silence. 
 
****KEY****
"Ya~ Kibum-ah! How much longer?"
 
I answered on the phone "Just a few more minutes, Nicole. I'm almost there."
 
I sounded quite unenthusiastic. Then again, I had been like that ever since I dumped my girlfriend who cheated on me. I haven't been excited much since then, and moving to a new school did nothing to improve my mood. At least my good friend Nicole was with me every step of the way. 
 
I made my way to my assigned dorm. Clearly the other occupant was here since his stuff was present, but he was nowhere in sight. At this point it occurred to me that the shower was on. That must be him. 
 
I collapsed on the bed closest to me. I looked up at the white ceiling. I didn't like it. I didn't like any of it. Being sent away to a school that is now my "home". Being with a bunch of complete strangers (minus Nicole, mind you). What she did to me...
Outside I didn't show it, but I was kinda depressed. I still couldn't believe she had the guts to do that, to be with another man-
 
"Yahh!" I shot right up at this sudden disruption in my thoughts and came across a guy about my age with wet black hair and a towel around his waist. "You my roomate?"
 
I was caught offguard for a second by my roomate's presence. Something about his appearance left me captivated. He was pretty tall - just a bit taller than me - and his physique was impressive: muscular arms, broad shoulders, an impressive set of abs - I figured he must be an athlete.
 
I realized I was just staring at him, so i quickly nodded to answer his question. 
"Yea. I'm dorming here as well." I swiftly stood up and bowed my head slightly. "Kim Kibum."
 
********
 
"Choi Minho." I replied coldly. I didn't mean to come off as cold, but I wasn't jovial or anything either at the moment. It was a bit awkward with him just looking at me. I couldn't tell if he was staring at me because I was half- or because he was just being polite. (I figured it had to be the latter - I mean, come on, he's never seen a man before?)
 
"Ok then." he answered. 
********
"Ok." Minho said. 
 
We were silent after that until he broke our eye contact and made his way to his luggage. At last he said something. "That's my bed."
 
I was kinda confused. "Sorry?"
 
"I already picked that bed. Yours is over there." He elaborated, pointing his thumb in the direction of the other bed. 
 
I kinda liked the one I was on, but I wasn't in the mood for arguing with someone on the first day, so I picked up my stuff and moved over silently, without resistance. 
 
We didnt talk to each other for the rest of the day. I had gone out to meet up with Nicole and came back to sleep. 
As i lied down, I wondered why his appearance caught me off guard earlier. I mean, I don't consider myself attracted solely to guys, and I've seen men dressing before (I'm no , mind you, but you naturally experience this in locker rooms and such), so why his presence stood out to me confused me. 
 
I brushed off this confusion as I drifted to sleep. 
 

Interestingly enough Minho, Nicole and I all ended up in the same classes. This should be fun.

We were in the locker rooms getting dressed for phys. ed. It never ceases to confuse me how someone could stick art and sports into one school. I came to the school to me a fashion designer, not an athlete. I was pretty good at track; other than that, sports weren't really my thing.

I was changing into my sweats when I caught a glimpse of Minho across the room. He - like the other guys- was getting dressed. For the first time, I paid special attention to his face. He was relatively handsome. He had a nice structure and striking complexion. His eyes were pretty big (at least, compared to mine) but they were quite attractive. And his jawline was crisp and sharp.

It then occurred to me that he, or someone else, might have caught me looking at him, so i quickly turned back and finished getting dressed.

***********

While getting dressed in the locker rooms, i noticed Kibum looking at me strangely. At least, i think he was. I wasn't quite sure, because he immediately turned away. Was it really just me? Was I imagining things? Perhaps it was one of those instances where he glanced around and happened to look at me? I let this thought drift away as i made my way outside.

We were running laps on the field for today. I was accustomed to this, because we always had to run laps before football(soccer) practice.

Kibum was surprisingly fast. I never imagined him to be the athletic type. He just didn't have that physique of an athlete. He sure looks nothing like a football player. Then again, this was a school for athletes. I found myself wanting to laugh at his running style. He was sweating and panting a lot and something about the way he ran made it hilarious. I continued running past him. He quickly caught up to me and we ended up competing, trying to surpass the other. We laughed as running finally ended.

Afterwards, we all had a break on the side. Everyone was resting and cooling down with water. I don't know how, but something in me made me go up to Kibum and talk to him.

***********

I was exhausted after the laps. During the break, I got myself some ice cold water. I drank some and proceeded to pour some of it over my head. I sighed with relief as the cold water ran down my skin and my back. I noticed Minho walking over to me with a big, friendly smile and two white towels.

"Yah~ you shouldn't waste good water on a day like this." he remarked.

"Why should you care? I'm hot as from all those laps." I replied. 

He chuckled at this comeback. "Hey. Now's not a time to brag about your looks," he fired back with his own. "Here, take this." he said as he tossed one of his towels to me. "You're not an athlete, are you?" he asked.

"No, not really," I answered. I rubbed my sweat-soaked hair in the towel. "I can run, but that's about it. My interest in sports is pretty small."

"If you're not an athlete, how'd you get into this school?"

I hesitated before answering, "I got in majoring in fashion." I said it indifferently. It wasn't something I was ashamed of. Unfortunately for me, fashion design and makeup is typically a female thing, so it was only natural for guys and girls alike to make fun of me. "You know, 'cuz this is also an arts school."

"oh, right..." He drifted off.

I figured he was laughing on the inside, so i immediately fired back. "YAH! There's nothing wrong with it! There are plenty of male fashion designers!"

He raised his arms in defense. "I didnt say anything!" He quieted down. He kinda smirked as he did so. "For your information, i don't think there's anything wrong with it. I was just curious because I didn't think you were an athlete."

He seemed to be telling the truth, so i regretted firing back at him. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to become so defensive. It's just people make fun of me for it and i'm sick and tired of it."

"Hey, it's ok. You're right, there's nothing wrong about doing fashion." He paused. "But, don't you think it's weird that they made a school for sports and arts?"

"I know right?? It's just bizarre! The two have nothing in common!" I kinda went off on a tangent here. "I mean, what's the point of dressing up to look nice and then gett all sweaty from running and-"

"KIBUMMAH~~" my friend Nicole called out as she came over to us. Somehow she wasn't as sweaty as the rest of us. She really is a marvel. She's quite the athlete, yet manages to not look like some gross ball of sweat.

"Hey Nicole whatsup?"

"Not much. Sure is hot out isn't it?" she asked. I kinda thought she was being sarcastic because all of us guys were icky and gross from all the sweat, while she was radiant and fresh as ever.

"Not that much." I replied with a bit of sarcasm.

"Anyway, I was just wondering if you wanted to see Titanic this weekend. They've rereleased it in theaters."

"Yea sure I'll come." I told her. I didnt really want to see Titanic again. I've already seen it and cried so many times before, but I could use a night out.

We continued talking when I realized Minho had left.