Chapter 02. Turn Over

Nice Try Ahjussi

"Back to work." Minmi said in an excited tone as she's getting ready for Monday work madness. It’s the first time in forever that she felt giddy in going to office today. Maybe so much of his Tao oppa yesterday. But it seems to be true since her Prince Charming and Night in Shining Armor is back. 

 

"Someone's very happy today!" Eunji teased as she tickled her bestfriend on the sides. "How's Tao?"

"He's fine and he changed a lot." Minmi replied smilingly. Eunji raised her eyebrows giving that 'I'm curious, change in what' look.

"He's mo-more..handsome now." Minmi shyly said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"oooh.. someone's blushing!" Eunji laughed while examining Minmi's now reddened face. 

"Ani! Aniyooo! Who told you that? ㅋㅋㅋ Let's go now. We're going to be late!" She rebutted, changing the topic 180 degrees to escape from her bestfriend's attack.

 

On the way to office, Eunji noticed that the gas meter was very low so Minmi drove the car to a nearby gas station. The gas station was so small causing them to be next in line after a black car.

 

"Ah..why that car took so long?" Minmi said when it's their turn. She seemed annoyed for they have to get in time but that car might have dig up all the gasoline for  just one tank fill only. When they’re done, all she could do is to drive fast but as safe as she could. Finally, they reached the parking lot at the back of their office. Minmi was about to garage her car in a vacant area between two cars already parked, when a car suddenly zoomed coming from their opposite direction. The car occupied the space she's eyeing with ease. 

 

"Jinjja ~! Seriously.." She said, annoyed by what had just happened. Eunji was also shocked. She opened her car window hoping the driver would come out. And in a matter of seconds, a guy came out dressed casually in jeans, white shirt and a black jacket, with a black cap on. He's also wearing shades causing Minmi and Eunji to not recognize him. 

 "Yah, ahjussi!! That space -" 

Minmi tried to talk to the guy while she sticks out her head. But to her dismay, she was ignored as the guy headed to the building like he heard no one. She also noticed that the car was almost the same with the black car at the gasoline station. Now she's really on fire. 

"Don't worry Mimi. Let's see another one." Eunji suggested, calming her down.

 

In 10 minutes, they found a space and successfully parked the car. But the two ran as fast as they could once they got out of the car. When they reached their assigned department, they’re shock to see an empty room. 'Strange.' They thought as they looked at each other. Luckily, Kihyun, one of the cameramen passed by.

"Oh, Kihyunnie! Where is everybody?" Minmi asked.

"Finally! You guys are here... late. Where on earth have you been?! Our Department Head is looking for you. aigoo..nevermind. Follow me." 

The two sheepishly smiled and followed Kihyun.

"The CEO gathered all the employees at the conference hall. He's making a big announcement. That's why you didn't see us working in our rooms." Kihyun explained.

 

"We're here. I saved you seats guys. C'mon." Kihyun gestured them to sit down as soon as they arrived at the conference hall. They were at the back part but enough for them to see the mini platform. 

"Aww. That's why we love you so much hyunnie!" The two girls started to throw hearts and make heart signs for Kihyun, making him blushed and embarrassed.

"Yah. Hajima~ Pay attention." He retorted. The two giggled in return but later on paid attention to the speaker. They didn't notice that it's already their CEO speaking and is nearly ending his talk.

”I called you all for one important reason." The CEO started. "Mr. Hwang?" 

He called a man in the board of directors seat area who seemed to be in his 60's and stood with him in front. 

"As we all know, Mr. Hwang is our Vice President in the company, Head of the Production Crew and also one of our major stockholders. But unfortunately, he decided now to go back to China for good. In these past few days, I talked to him and begged him to stay with us but there's no hope. Yet, he promised me one thing...that his legacy will still continue and success will still be ours. How could that be possible?"

 

All the employees were sad by what they heard and  puzzled at the same time about their CEO's statements.

 

“Please welcome, our new Vice President and Head of the Production Crew...Mr. Hwang Zi Tao!" The CEO introduced happily.

 

The employees were shocked but later on,  their shocked faces were changed into aura of excitement as they see a handsome young man in black suit coming up on stage. And if we'll select the most shocked employee of the year, that's no other than Minmi. Her jaw dropped and she couldn't take in all in one shot what the CEO was saying. On the other side, the employees were now cheering happily on Tao.

 

"Mr. Jin Hwang, seems like they like so much the new, younger and 'handsome' you by now." The CEO joked causing the old man to laugh and also the employees. "Mr. Hwang Zi Tao is the only grandson of Mr. Jin. He's a scholar in one of China's top University. A very wholesome young man.. please welcome him." The employees clapped as the CEO handed the mic to Tao.

"Hello everyone. I'm Hwang Zi Tao. Nice to meet you all. Please take care of me as we continue to hand in hand leading to success. Kamsahamnida!" Tao said brightly and smiled as he saw a very familiar face in the sea of employees.

"Omo. Did you see that! He smiled at us!" Two girl employees squealed in excitement, totally fangirling at their new VP. Minmi, who's at their back, looked down and smiled. Now, it's all sinking into her. Tao was really part of their company now. Minmi tilted her head to the side, thinking why she didn't notice that Mr. Jin had also the same family name as Tao. But that doesn’t matter anymore. All she knew was that she's happy for him. And happy........for her heart.

 

________________________________________________

Hiiii ^-^ How's the story going?

Btw, did you already see Monsta X debut/Trespass MV?  

*flips bullet train* ♡ㅅ♡  Hee...  ;D