Chapter 17. Tone Deaf Hearts

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Eo. Minmi-ssi! Come here. Ppali." Mrs. Son saw Minmi through his son's back just as she stepped outside to throw the garbage. Shownu's fear came into life. He didn't want his eomma to see her or else she would end up nagging her to stay for the night. 

"Ani.. Eomma, she's leaving now. Right Minmi-ssi?"

Shownu said eyeing her to go with his plans. 

"N-ne. Ne Mrs. Son.. " She forced a smile. 

"Aigoo, why the hurry. It's already late at night and it's dangerous for you to head home. Ani.. Come here."

She insisted as she held Minmi's hand and guided her to come in. Shownu was left outside, facepalming. Defeated again by her mighty mom. Minmi didn't look back for she knew already what he'd look like. 

He soon followed and passed by his very excited mom and a shy Minmi talking with each other. He entered his room and got new clothes, ready to take a shower. It's the only way to calm himself. 

"Spend the night here Minmi ah.. Don't worry. We have a guest room." Mrs. Son beamed. 

Minmi shyly nodded and smiled. Since Mrs. Son always wish to hang out with them, she thought this would do to compensate her wish a bit. 

"Alright. I'll go get some clothes for you to change." She excitedly said as she went to her room. 

Minmi texted Eunji right away and told her where she is. She looked around and amazed at Mrs. Son's house. She saw pictures of halmeoni, harabeoji, Mrs. Son, and a kid which she assumed as Shownu. There was also a photo of Mrs. Son and a graduating Shownu. She looked closely at his middle school uniform and knew already what school he attended back then. It's Daewon University. The sister school of Saewon University where she gratuated with Tao and the rest of EXO sunbaes, Kihyun and Eunji. She also saw a photo of four guys with Shownu in the same uniform  who looked like Wonho, Hyungwon, and Minhyuk. But the last guy wearing casual clothes caught her attention and she soon realized why they're close with each other. It's Kihyunnie. Her eyes soon went to the design of the house. It's a very simple one with three rooms on the slightly escalated area. The different part was the bathroom area. It was located at the end of the three bedrooms, different from the usual that it's located near the kithen. She shifted her eyes as soon as the room near the bathroom opened. It's Shownu walking towards the bathroom. 

"Here Minmi. It's the least I could have but I'm sure it will fit you." Mrs. Son smiled and handed her a purple pajama and a white shirt nearly her size. 

"Gumawo Mrs. Son." She smiled back. 

"Come. I'll show you the guestroom." 

They went to the bedroom area and she realized the guestroom was near Shownu's room. She sighed as she hoped tonight's going to be alright no matter what. They entered and Minmi sat at the bed immediately. She was pretty amazed at how soft it is as she tried to bounce slightly. She also looked around and it has a very minimalistic design. She liked simple rooms like this. 

"Joah. Neomu yeppeo." She uttered. 

"I'm glad you like it dear. Ara.. If there's something you need more, don't hesitate to call me or Shownu. Okay?"

"De. Mrs. Son." She stood up and bowed. 

"You're always welcome dear."

Mrs. Son was nearly out of the room when Minmi remembered something. She glanced at her watch and it's not yet too late. It's the showing time of her favorite variety show 'I Can See Your Voice'. She loves music and her day wouldn't be complete if she misses a single episode of it. 

"Ah.. Mrs. Son.." She hesitated if she'll ask permission or not. 

"Yes dear?"

"Ahm, I was just thinking if.. can I watch tv tonight? My fave program will be airing..so I.."

"Aigoo. No problem dear. You can watch anytime." She cut her smilingly. 

"Omo. Thank you so much Mrs. Son." She widely smiled. 

"Alright. Good night dear." 

She smiled and went to her room as well, just the opposite one. Minmi hurriedly changed her clothes and fixed her things. The clothes Mrs. Son gave her wasn't bad at all. The shirt was a bit loose but she liked it though since she didn't want fitted ones that much when at home. She headed to the living room and the tv. Just as she wished, 'I Can See Your Voice' was currently airing. She lowered the volume so she wouldn't disturb the others. She enjoyed playing the part of an imaginary judge in the program as she also tried to pick who's the tone deaf ones and the good singers. When one girl contestant picked by the guest singer to be eliminated, started to sing, she was suddenly immersed to the song. She was judged as a tone deaf but turned out to be the good singer. Minmi felt sad at the result. She was singing Hyorin's Driving Me Crazy very great than expected. In the middle of her performance, Minmi didn't notice her eyes already closing slowly. She fought it by rubbing her eyes vigorously but she was completely defeated afterwards. 

Shownu finally stepped out of the bathroom and continued to dry his hair with the towel. Just as he's entering his room, he noticed that there's still a light blinking at the living room. He glanced at the wall clock and remembered too that his fave program was airing tonight. He went there instead, only to see a sleeping Minmi in an awkward position. She sat at the corner of the sofa while her head was on the headrest. Her head was bobbing to the side though which nearly falls back and forth as it leaves the headrest sometimes. He shook his head and slowly walked towards the sofa. He placed his towel on a chair, allowing it to dry and sat beside her cautiously. 

"Aish..This girl really don't know how to sleep comfortably." He muttered as he gently placed her head to his shoulder. 

"Eo? Perfect..." He beamed as he looked at the tv. It's his fave program. He also loves music as always. He was enjoying the part where a good singer contestant was singing his favorite song. 

🎵Cause all of me... 

Loves all of you.

Love your curves and all your edges...

All your perfect imperfections. 🎶

He also sang along softly and heartily with the contestant.

"Hajima~ Tone deaf. Tone deaf ahjussi.."

Shownu's eyes widened and snapped his head to his right. He checked Minmi's face but her eyes were still closed. He let out a small laugh when he was finally relieved. He admitted his heart beat faster at that moment. Good to know she's just sleep talking. 

"Tone deaf?... Ahjussi?" He puffed his cheeks. "Call me ahjussi again and I will-"

He turned his head to his right once more but only cause his heart to regain its fast pace and his cheeks got heated. Her face was an inch close to him to now. She grunted a bit but soon a quite smile escaped her lips. The moment he saw her peaceful face down to her tempting lips, he couldn't move a single bit. The lips that shortly captured his not too long ago. He shook his head and looked back on the tv. He tried to focus on watching to calm his poor heart. An hour had passed and soon, he also drifted off to sleep. With the tv still on, both of them must be very tired after tonight's party... 

 

__________________________________________

Who fell in love with Shownu during his All of Me perf. in No Mercy days? *raise hands* 😆

http://youtu.be/Rwr1Jnsx8KE 😍

Also.. Deokspatch X has ended. Aww :( season 3 juseyo~ hee

Wishing more variety shows for our Monsta x babies!