Chapter 06. Way To His Heart

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The smell of food woke up Eunji early today. The last time she smelled this kind of food was like during middle school. And she was right. Minmi woke up very early and she's packing for lunch. 

"Hmmmmm. I smell something~ "

Minmi giggled as Eunji elbowed her in the arm. 

"It's been years since Tao oppa tasted this. So I planned to cook for him. His favorite chicken curry."

"He'll be happy to see that Mimi. Good job." 

Eunji smiled and gave a thumbs up before going to the bathroom.

"Might as well pack for that ahjussi?"

She taps her chin, really confused whether to pack a lunch for Shownu too as a 'thank you' gift for the incident yesterday. She thought of it for a while but later decided to pack for him anyway. 

"Maybe a sushi and dumplings would do."

She muttered and gladly made a separate packed lunch for Shownu.

 

In the office, Minmi peeked to see Shownu on his table but he's not there yet. 'Perfect' She thought, walking towards his table and carefully placed the packed lunch she prepared with a note on it. It's good no one was in the room yet including Eunji who went to the department's head office. She went back to her place and started her paperworks happily. One by one, her co-workers were entering the room now. Shownu and Kihyun were the last to enter. Minmi kept her head low as soon as Shownu arrived at his work table. Before Shownu could place his video cam on his table, he eyed the lunch box and read the note. Scoffed. That was only his reaction before moving it aside, totally ignoring it.

Lunch break came. Shownu and Kihyun went to eat at their usual restaurant. Minmi was the last one to go out of the room when Tao suddenly popped out in front of the door causing her to step back. She blushed hard as she gained back her senses. Good heavens! That was an inch close.

"Kaja! I'm excited." 

Tao smiled as they made their way to the SBS canteen. It's Tao's first time eating at the company's canteen. The two earned eyes because of the fact that Tao being the VP was a down to earth person. He also bows to everyone greeting him as he passes by. Lastly was the fact that he's with the company's news anchor too. 

"I know you've got a surprise for me." 

He grinned as he glanced at the lunch box she was carrying. 

"Awh. You always spoil me oppa."

She laughed and brought up the packed lunch on the table. At the sight and smell of it, Tao's smile grew wider. He opened it eagerly and happily put a spoonful into his mouth, devouring the taste he missed for a long time. 

"Mimi ah! You're really the best!“

She smiled at him heartily. Just seeing him happy because of the little things she does for him will always be the happiest moments of her life. 

"Ey, you should be eating too."

He motioned her to eat and she also happily obliged. 

Today was another happy day for Minmi. Tao enjoyed their lunch very much. He thanked her after the break and even escorted her back to her workplace. Now, he's more open to the employees. He didn't care anymore about what they will say to the two of them. All he knew was that he's happy. The rest of the day went fine too. Before going home, Minmi glanced at Shownu's table and found the packed lunch still untouched. She was hurt a bit but she brushed the feeling away instantly. 'At least Tao oppa appreciated what I made for him today.' She smiled and made her way to the parking lot.

 

Two weeks had passed and Minmi couldn't believe the happenings within those days. Tao was really back and spent times with her as much as he could. Though the other new in town was still giving her a cold shoulder, she had to work with him. It's weekend and a knock on their apartment disrupted her thoughts.

"Oh Hi, Mrs. Son! You're back for an apartment visitation."

"Hello ladies! And yes..how are you guys?"

Mrs. Son was the owner of the apartment they're renting. She checks the apartments once a month. She's already in her 40's but still very cheerful. She's very kind and treats the two as her own daughters especially Minmi. 

"We're very fine Mrs. Son. We missed you too." Eunji smiled.

"That's good then. I hope we could hang out sometime. But for the meantime, here you go."

She smiled wider and handed a paper bag to them.

"I hope you like it."

"Thank you so much Mrs. Son. You're one of a kind." 

Minmi said as she happily took it.

"You're welcome. Okay, I'll get going now. Just let me know when something isn't working in this apartment."

Mrs. Son bid her goodbye and gave a motherly hug to the both of them. As soon as she was gone, Minmi eagerly opened the paper bag and a lunch box with delicious cookies inside appeared to her sight. Eunji also joined in and the two started to eat. As she stared at the few cookies left, her eyes shifted to the lunch box. It seemed like she had seen it before but she couldn't remember. 'Best seller lunch box I guess.' She thought. She focused back to the cookies and decided to forget about it. Mrs. Son's cookies were too delicious that she wouldn't think of anything else at the moment. It's a good way to start her weekend.

 

__________________________________________________

 

Maybe the key really to ones heart is through his/her stomach.

Hmm... Just maybe.  =''>