Chapter 24. All Of A Sudden

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Today was a bit different for Minmi compared to the past few days. She got nervous going to work. But one thing was clear to her. It's Shownu who's making her heartbeat go wild this time. And not only that. Whenever events that happened recently between her and Shownu pops in her head, she's going nuts. Sometimes, she thought maybe he casted a spell to her. A spell that made her weak when it comes to him yet burning her heart with happiness and excitement as well. She finally made her decision. She's going to ask him if he perhaps likes her. Maybe not in a serious manner so he'll not feel uncomfortable. That way she would know something a little bit. She couldn't assume anymore like what she did for Tao. She took a deep breath and entered the office with Eunji behind her. They greeted their officemates and went to their seats. 

"Good morning Mimi and Jiji!" Kihyun also greeted as he sat. 

They bowed and Minmi suddenly felt empty. She glanced at the back and Shownu didn't arrive yet. 

"Good morning too. Ah, Kihyunnie.. Where is Shownu-ssi?" Minmi asked curiously. 

"Molla.. Maybe he's just late." Kihyun smiled. 

"Ah guraesso." 

Minmi bit her bottom lip and started working with her shoulders down. However, it's still a long day to go. There's no way he'll not be in the filming set tonight. 

When it's lunchtime, Minmi joined Kihyun and Eunji at a restaurant. They sat comfortably and ordered. Minmi turned her head and saw two faces that she didn't expect to see at the moment. 'She finally moved on.' She said to herself. If Tao approaches her anytime, she conditioned herself already. All she could do is to congratulate them and be happy for Tao. She turned to her food and she's bothered again. Not by the new couple, but because of the person she wanted to see today.

"Is Shownu-ssi okay? He's going to work, isn't he?" 

"Molla Mimi ah. Mianhae.. But I called him already and he's not answering his phone. We'll wait further." Kihyun explained. 

"Aish. That guy..." He added. 

"Gwaenchana Mimi. He still have time left to be on the shooting set later." Eunji smiled. 

Minmi tried to calm her nervous heart. She felt her instinct working again. However, she had to trust them. She had to trust Shownu as well. When they finished eating and resting for a bit, they decided to leave. 

"Mimi ah!"

A voice called out and Minmi's ears perked up at the oh-so-familiar voice. 

"Can we talk for a moment?" Tao asked. 

Though Minmi hesitated, she nodded and looked at Eunji and Kihyun, signalling 'it's okay'. She bowed also at Hyeri who's with Tao and the latter smiled in return. 

"I'll follow you there after this." Tao kissed Hyeri's cheek and Minmi looked away instantly. Though she said to herself she moved on, she couldn't deny the fact that she's still affected a bit. Deep scars take a long time to heal, right? 

The two walked side by side silently when Tao suddenly stopped and Minmi eyed him curiously. She faced him slowly, only to be surprised by his next move.

"Jeongmal... Jeongmal... Jeongmal gumawo, Mimi ah." He beamed, hugging her. 

She was speechless at the moment. Her heart didn't already beat the way it beat for Tao like the old times. She finally confirmed it and she felt glad all of a sudden. Like she's finally free from a long time prison of sad love. A smile escaped her lips. She didn't return the hug but broke it slowly instead. 

"It's no big deal oppa. I'm happy you finally have Hyeri eonni. See? Told ya.. You'll win her." She smiled. 

"And that's because of you my Mimi."

She just smiled at Tao's reply. 

"Hmm. Can I borrow your phone oppa?" 

"Ne?" Tao handed his phone to her curiously. 

She quickly opened it and searched her name in his contacts. After deleting it, she returned the phone to him gladly. Her reason? She didn't want to bother him anymore. And the mere fact that he wasn't contacting her already in the past few days, why not totally delete her number, right? Also, she wanted Tao to focus more on Hyeri noona and not her anymore. She doesn't want  any misunderstanding in the future about her and Tao's relationship. 

"What did you do?" He asked. 

"Nothing. Just cleaning up." She smiled. 

"Aigoo.. I always clean this with a junk cleaner app." He chuckled as he put his phone in his pocket. 

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the company's hallway. They faced each other and Minmi spoke first. 

"I wish you always a happy relationship with Hyeri eonni, oppa.. " She smiled and bowed. "Annyeong.."

"Thank you Mimi ah. Annyeong.." He smiled back. "Take care-" 

He barely whispered the last part since she already walked away. Tao was left standing there like he lost something. He had this feeling inside of him that felt empty. He couldn't figure it out at the moment, yet he's sure with it. 

"Eo? Yeobo.. You're finally here?" Hyeri sweetly said as she saw Tao. 

"Ah ne..Kaja." He snapped out of his thoughts and smiled.

 

It's filming time already and Minmi was so worried now. Shownu didn't arrive yet. Though Kihyun was there, the crew wouldn't handle the other angles when shooting. 

"Where's Shownu-ssi?" Jeohoon asked. 

"He didn't reply yet Director-nim." Kihyun answered. "I'll call him again."

"Arasseo. Ppalli..Before we start. " He ordered. 

Kihyun tried his best to contact him but still no answer. The whole crew was worried especially Minmi since they will air in 5 minutes time. Sunhwa passed by with an insulting laugh since Minmi's news show had a problem. Good thing she left the set before Kihyun and Eunji could throw daggers at her. Suddenly, a thud was heard at the doorway which cause Minmi to lighten up a bit. A guy was catching his breath after running like in marathons. The faster Minmi's face lit up, the faster it gloomed when she realized it wasn't the person she's expecting. 

"G-gun hee-ssi... " Minmi muttered.

"WOAH! You're back Gunnie! You saved me!" Kihyun rushed to him and got his bag. 

"Annyeong! I'm back!" Gun said in all smiles and the crew felt relieved except for one. 

"Good thing you're back Gun." Jooheon patted his back and Gun smiled in return. "Ok. Ok. Let's start now!"

"Mimi ah! I miss you! Jiji.. Kihyunnie!" Gun hugged the three, more like a group hug actually.

"Ew. You're gross as always." Kihyun teased and laughed.

Minmi just smiled and nodded as well. Though she was glad because of Gun's return, she was also sad because of someone's missing presence. Eunji and Kihyun noticed this during their filming. Minmi tried her best not to be affected for a moment and the show went fine.

When it's time to go home, Kihyun told Eunji to comfort Minmi and that he will try to contact Shownu again. They separated ways and soon went home. Eunji and Minmi arrived home safely despite the latter being all gloomy. Eunji couldn't describe the sadness that was flooding throughout her best friend's face. 

"Mimi ah?"

"Hmm?"

"Gwaenchanha.. Maybe he'll report in the office tomorrow and talk to us somehow." Eunji said, hugging her. 

Minmi just nodded and smiled. She really hoped that. She didn't want him to leave though Gun was already there. Maybe her Xiumin sunbae could hire him as a regular part of the crew. He did well anyway. 

"Jiji.. Wait a second." Minmi grabbed Eunji's hand as she was about to go to her room. 

"Y-you have his number too, right?"

"Ah ye.. Kihyun shared it to me for emergency cases." Eunji took out her phone and scrolled her contacts. "Yeogi.." 

"Gumawo Jiji.." Minmi successfully copied it to her phone.

"No problem Mimi.. Just sleep well and don't think too much, arasseo?"

"Ne.. " 

Minmi forced a smile and hugged her best friend in return. Upon entering her room, she dropped her bag on the table and laid on her bed with close eyes. She was tired. Too tired to think of everything. She looked at her phone's screen showing Shownu's number, yet she's afraid to call him. She didn't want to jump into conclusions and most of all, she's not ready yet of what she would hear from him. She closed her eyes once again and let the memories of him reigned her mind. This way, her hopes were high. This way, her heart was happy and calm. And this way, she fell in love again... 

 

__________________________________________________

Jeongmal mianhae guyseu.... Didn't update for a long time. Eonnie got busy at work lately. ^^