Chapter 16. The Party

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Happy birthday sunbae!" Minmi greeted with a smile as they arrived at Xiumin's house. 

"Thanks dongsaeng ah. Thank you for coming!" He was going to hug her when Tao put his hand in between them as a barrier. Tao gave him a 'thats a no-no bro' look. Minmi giggled at them.

"Awh. You're no fun, Tao." He pouted. "It's my birthday today."

"No exceptions." Tao laughed. 

"Arasseo. Enjoy yourselves guys." He chuckled and  excused himself to entertain the other guests. 

"Come with me." Tao held Minmi's hand and led her to a group of guys happily talking with each other. 

"What's up bros!" Tao beamed at them and they welcomed him gladly as well. 

"Long time no see..." The tall one said as he gave a brotherly hug to Tao. 

Minmi was just silent behind Tao when a guy with cute rounded eyes noticed her. 

"You're with...someone? Aren't you going to introduce us?" 

"I am. That's why I brought her here." Tao smiled and gently pulled Minmi beside him. 

"Do you remember them, Mimi ah?"

"D-de?" She was surprised at his question. Did she really know them? But she couldn't recognize any of them.

"Mimi?!" Baekhyun's eyes suddenly widened. 

He stepped closer and he was shocked when it was really Minmi. The girl they used to be with since she's also Tao's bestfriend during middle school. All the guys turned their heads to her once they heard her name. 

"Baekhyun sunbae?" Minmi tilted her head and also looked closer to the other guys. 

"Chanyeol oppa... D.O. sunbae, Suho sunbae... Lay sunbae and... Kai sunbae?" 

She said their names one by one, hoping she got it right. They all have gotten matured and handsome after a long time. 

"Omo. It's really Mimi guys!" Kai exclaimed. 

"Wah! Jinja?! You've gotten prettier dongsaeng ah!" Lay ruffled her hair, causing Minmi to sulk playfully. Whenever Lay meets her, he'd always do that to her as a greeting ever since. 

"It's nice to see you again, Mimi!" D.O added. "Aigoo, this friend of ours didn't even tell us earlier that you're coming." He playfully elbowed Tao. 

"Always been protective to Minmi." Baekhyun teased. 

"A-ani guys. I thought you're not coming though since you know..business stuffs." Tao replied. 

"Ok. We'll buy that." The guys laughed and enjoyed drinking. 

They're very happy and eager to know more about Minmi's stay in Korea since all of them also went abroad to study and some already do businesses there. She gladly talked to them, not noticing Eunji, Kihyun and Shownu entering the yard. Although they headed first, they still arrived late because of Kihyun's car engine's sudden malfunction. Luckily, with the help of Shownu, the engine got back to normal. 

The yard was full of guests now. Kihyun and Eunji was amazed at how big Xiumin's house was. The yard was also wide enough to hold a big party. It was simply decorated with lights and few balloons on some posts. 

There's also music playing within the yard. 

"Oh. You're here already. Thank you for coming guys!" Xiumin welcomed them. 

"It's an honor to be invited here sajangnim. Saengil chukkahamnida!" Eunji greeted and they bowed. 

"Kamsahae. Ok, help yourselves and enjoy guys!" Xiumin also bowed to them and roamed again to greet the others.

The three joined Jooheon and the other crew's table. They got drinks for themselves and soon Eunji noticed her bestfriend with Tao in a group of guys. When she squinted her eyes, she already knew who they are. 

"Jiji-ah! Do you know who they are? Kihyun asked as he curiously looked at Minmi's direction.

"De. They're sajangnim's friends. Don't you remember them? We're even school mates. Gosh, Hyunnie-ah!" She chuckled. 

"Oh? Jinjja?! They're EXO? The famous group in our school back then? Omo. Wae I didn't know our Vice President was part of them?"

"Aigoo. Because you're always dating the library back then." Eunji laughed, causing Kihyun to sulk. 

"Aniyo." He retorted. "Now, I'm jealous. Our Mimi is having good times with them."

"Tch. Don't be. They must have been missed her after a long time. They treated her very nicely as a dongsaeng." 

Eunji explained and patted Kihyun's back to comfort him. He pretended to cry by rubbing his eyes, only to earn a push by a laughing Eunji. Shownu just stared at them and drank his wine instead. But his eyes too caught Minmi with the guys and he scoffed. He later stood up and headed to the restroom. On his way, he was blocked by a girl seductively dressed in a red one. 

"Hello hottie.."

He raised his eyebrow at her as he put his hands on his pockets. 

"I'm Sunhwa." She smiled mischievously, reaching out her hand for a handshake. But he ignored it. 

"What do you want?"

She smirked at his cocky response. 

"Ahm, nothing. Just getting to know you. That's all. Isn't it bad? You're friends with Minmi, right? 

"It's none of your business."

He answered curtly and continue to walk passed by her. "A not useful guy. Tch." 

She scoffed. She drank her wine bottoms up as she was really pissed off by Shownu. Soon, she made her way to the party's main area to join her friends. 

"Good evening to all! How's tonight's party so far?" Jooheon announced as he was asked by Xiumin to be the special MC for his birthday. Everyone was cheering so they're really enjoying it.

"How bout some special surprise number from our guests? Sounds good right? So without further a do, let's give it up for EXO!"

Everyone cheered again as they saw a group of young men gathered in front.

"Omo. EXO~~!" Eunji fangirled over them which made Kihyun more curious. 

"Oh. The others arrived now. I think they're already complete." 

She added as she counted them mentally. She was aware that EXO's members were twelve including Xiumin himself. And they gathered here for Xiumin's special day. Two of them flew all the way from China to Korea just to attend the party. She was amazed at how's their brotherhood like love is. Minmi was still beside Tao and also cheered for them. She suddenly stopped clapping when Tao also went in front and joined them. She remembered that whenever the group was at the center of attraction in the past, Tao just seldom shows that his part of the group. He just stays behind them. She's surprised for now.

"Annyeong everyone! Let's enjoy this special night for our Xiuminnie! Saengil Chukkahae~! Let's go!" Kris started while the guests also chanted 'happy birthday' to Xiumin. Soon the music played. And the group sing and dance to the sound of 'Call Me Baby' energetically. Their moves were suave and their singing were really impressive. Minmi thought why they didn't join the music industry. But realizing what they were in the past and what they've become now, she understood it already. They're from rich families so they have to take care of their family businesses. They're just doing it really as a hobby. She was amazed at Tao performing with them. It's really her first time seeing him dancing and singing seriously. In their long time friendship, she could only see Tao sing and dance playfully sometimes. When she met eyes with Tao as their performance ended, he winked at her causing her to blush all of a sudden. She looked down to hide her face as Tao's smile grew wider. The guests clapped at their awesome performance. Tao excitedly went back to Minmi and nudged her in the arm.

"How was it?" He beamed. 

"Daebak oppa..." She smiled and gave a two thumbs up. "Why you didn't tell me for a long time that you're that good at singing and dancing?"

"Eh? I'm not that great though. So I'm just waiting for the right time to show you." He grinned as he scratched his head. 

"But for me, you're really great."

He smiled at her response. 

"Only for you." He replied sweetly making Minmi looked the other way and quite smiled sneakily. 

 

On the other set of table, an eye was ready to pierce through Minmi's soul anytime. Sunhwa was really annoyed on how Minmi and Tao were so close at each other. And how she managed to be the center of attraction for the guys. 

"Aren't you going to do any move?" Jieun . 

"Argh..Not this time." She tried to calm herself but her madness dominated her once again. 

"Part two. Watch me.. " She smirked as she stood up and walked towards Tao and Minmi's table, holding her glass wine. When she's already near the sitting Minmi, she was going to spill her wine to her when a guy bumped her. The wine spilled on his shirt instead, causing Minmi to gasp when she looked at them. 

"Omo. Shownu-ssi..Gwaenchanayo?" Minmi stood up and faced them.

"Are you blind?! Watch where you're going!" Sunhwa yelled. 

"Guess...maybe I'm blind at night. What do you think?" He smirked at her and walked away. Minmi was about to go after him when she noticed she's with Tao and not to mention, he's staring at them. Sunhwa was pissed off again. Her plan didn't succeed at all because of Shownu. She then glared at Minmi who was facing her and walked out as well. Minmi tilted her head to the side and sat back to her chair. 

"Are you okay?" Tao asked. 

"De oppa..."

"Hmm, isn't he your cameraman?"

"De.."

"I can't remember clearly when but.. It's like I have seen him before.."

"Eo? Jinjjayo?"

"De.." He tapped his chin, trying to recall. "Ah.. Nevermind. Kaja. Let's eat."

He soon gave up and they walked to the food area. 

"Oh Sajangnim and Minmi. Annyeong~" Kihyun and Eunji bowed as they were also getting some food to eat. 

"Ey. What's with the honorifics. You two aren't others to me now." Tao smiled. The two shyly smiled back as they were surprised by him. 

"Where's Shownu-ssi?" Minmi noticed. 

"He told us he'll be going home first." Kihyun replied. 

"I see." Minmi was sad a bit by what she heard. Tao noticed it and hoped to lighten her a bit. 

"Take this one Mimi ah.. This one's delicious." Tao offered. 

"Ah. Ne. Gumawo oppa." Minmi beamed. 

Kihyun and Eunji eyed the two as they looked like a sweet couple to them. They grinned at each other, signalling that they had same in mind. 

The party went fine and the guests enjoyed it a lot. Hours passed and soon Xiumin bid goodbye to all his guests. The party ended and Tao and Minmi also headed home. Minmi kept silent on their way and Tao was somehow worried about her. 

"Is there something bothering you?" 

"Ne? Ah.. Eobseo oppa." She looked down. 

"By the way, did you enjoy tonight's party? 

"Ye oppa.. " She finally smiled and looked at the window. She's just two avenues away from their apartment now when her eyes suddenly caught a man walking down the street. She looked at the side mirror and it was Shownu. 

"Oppa. Wait. Can we stop here?"

Tao obliged too all of a sudden and stopped the car on the side of the road. Minmi didn't know the reason why she did it. And she couldn't think of what she'll going to say to Tao. 

"O-oppa. I-" She saw the convenience store and thought of a way. 

"I need to buy something. You can drop me here. It's okay." She smiled at him. 

"You sure? But it's dark out there." Tao worriedly said. "Ani. I'm gonna be alright. And it's not far from home. I can call Eunji in case I need help. You should rest too."

"A-arasseo. If anything happens. Call me." He replied, trusting her. 

"Gumawo. Jalja oppa~" 

She head out of the car and waved smilingly. Tao did the same and soon his car zoomed off. Luckily, she had her cap in her bag so she put it on. She entered the store cautiously and searched for Shownu. She was like a paparazzi though since she was trying not to be caught. When Shownu paid at the counter, she walked on the other side of the beverage items far from the counter. When he went out, she followed afterwards and hid whenever she felt he's going to turn around. When she hid on a post enough to cover her, she slowly poke her head and saw no one. 

"Where did he go?" She muttered as she slowly walked straight when a hand suddenly grabbed her cap, revealing her face to that person. She gasped. 

"Omo. Ahjussi- I.. I mean Shownu-ssi..."

He looked at the cap on his hand and on her.

"Why are you following me?" He smirked and raised his eyebrows at her. 

"I... I.." She bit her lip, not knowing really why she followed him.

"It's already late at night. Go home." 

He continued to walk and left her but Minmi caught up fastly. 

"I was just checking if.. you're o-okay. You left early at the party." She finally said while walking with him. 

Shownu just stayed silent and ignored her. But when he noticed that his pace was fast, he slowed down a bit for her to catch up. In a few moments of silence, he glanced at her and she was looking the other way timingly while rubbing her arms. He sighed and suddenly stopped. Minmi also halted in her tracks and looked at him suspiciously. He took of his jacket and cover it on her bare shoulders. With tonight's cold breeze, she regretted why she didn't bring any cardigans for her dress outfit. He also put back the cap he captured a while ago on her head but too low for her to see him. It's nearly covering her entire face, causing Minmi to huff. But soon she smiled, realizing what he did for her. However, she saw him leaving again. 

"Wait for me. Ahjussi!" She partly yelled. 

When she caught up again, she was all smiling while holding her sling bag's strap. 

"What's with that smile?"

"De? I-I'm just happy. Wae? Am I not allowed?" She beamed. 

"Yes...Especially at this hour of the night." He seriously replied. "And what's with the ahjussi thing, huh?" 

"Eo? I didn't say anything.. Really.." She answered. 

He stopped walking again and faced her. He walked towards her, closing her space until her back hit a brick wall of a building. He put his hand on the wall and drew his face near her that made her breathing went heavily. Her eyes too went round and her mind went crazy on what he's going to do to her. Her heartbeat went faster than ever. 

"Once... I heard you calling me ahjussi again...I'll never give a second thought on throwing you up in the air." He warned in a deadly tone.

"Got it Miss Shin?"

She nodded immediately. 

"Arasseo. Clear enough." He smirked and finally let go of her. She finally breathed out deeply and saw him walking again. 

"Aigoo. Mimi ah.. Wae you followed this guy anyway." She muttered, scolding herself. She looked around and saw that the street was empty and really dark because of the minimal number of streetlights present. Therefore, she had no choice but to follow him. Guess it's a wrong move for tonight, Minmi. Or is it not...?

 

___________________________________________________

Hi-yeom ^^ 

sorry.. I'm getting more busy every weekdays.. So I guess, I'll be updating every weekends only. But don't worry.. It may be a double update or a triple update or even more. :)) 

Mianhae~~ working eonni here ㅠ_ㅠ 

kamsahae!