Chapter 20. Love Assumptions

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

'Ber' months are fast approaching and it's almost winter season. With their new CEO, everyone got busier than ever. Tao and Minmi still communicate with each other but not as usual anymore. He only approached her when he had matters to discuss regarding Hyeri. It's finally weekend and Minmi cuddled in her bed for some more. However, she was disturbed by a phone call early this morning. She lazily took her phone on top of the table. 

"Yeoboseyo..."

"Mimi ah! Can we go shopping today?"

"Shopping.... ? Mwoh....?"

She opened her eyes and that's when she realized it was Tao whom she's talking to. 

"Ah mianhae oppa. Why you're shopping all of a sudden?"

"I have to buy something. And of course, I want to make it up to you. I was so busy lately."

His last words caught Minmi's attention and she smiled a bit. She's glad Tao called her for no Hyeri reason at all. 

"Arasseo oppa. I'll get ready. Bye~" 

"Ok. Thanks Mimi ah! I'll be there in a minute."

Tao smiled and hung up his phone. Minmi paused for a while and smiled while closing her eyes. She's really happy for today. It's like Tao had come back again to her. She stood up and got herself ready. She put on a light make up and a stripped blue-green A-dress with cardigan. She smiled after seeing her reflection in a mirror but only interrupted when she heard a car's honk outside. It was already Tao. She left a note on the table before going out since Eunji's still asleep and she didn't want to spoil her good weekend sleep. 

"Kaja~" Tao beamed as Minmi hopped on his car. 

"Ne." She smiled in return. How she missed times like this. 

In a few minutes, they arrived at SJ Mall. When they passed by, some recognized Minmi and even took a picture with her. She's also a TV personality anyway. Bad thing, she forgot to cover her identity today. Tao, on the other hand, managed to wear a cap and sunglasses and just moved aside to avoid scandal or suspicions. 

"Omo, Ms. Shin, is he your boyfriend?" A fan suddenly asked when she noticed Tao after taking a photo with her. 

"Eo? Ani. Aniyo dongsaeng!" She quickly replied. 

"Ah.. You look good together eonni."

Minmi blushed and got shy for a moment. 

"He's a friend." She smiled at the fan. 

She thanked them and bowed. Soon, they went to the ladies wear section where they entered a boutique of elegant dresses. 

"I-Igeo....You have to buy something here oppa?"

Minmi was surprised. 

"Ye." Tao smiled and grabbed her hand to follow him inside. 

Tao scanned the elegant dresses and picked a red one. He hung it up to Minmi's level and find it somehow beautiful. Minmi was still surprised of what's happening. 

"Try this one." He smiled widely at her. 

"Me?" She pointed at herself. Tao nodded and held her shoulders gently while turning her around, guiding her on the fitting room. She couldn't do anything but to oblige to her friend's request but still puzzled. She tried it and looked at the big mirror. She looked beautiful. A smile escaped her lips when a thought came to her mind. Is he buying this for her? Omo. 

She went out of the fitting room and Tao's jaw dropped. Even the sales lady assisting them was speechless. However, it was a bit long so she struggled to walk. Therefore, Tao picked another dress for her but it seemed too old-fashioned. On the third try, Tao picked a blue green round neck maxi dress. It's sleeveless with beautifully designed ribbon like on the waist part. When she went out for the third time, Tao stood up and clapped unconsciously while staring at her like there's no tomorrow. The sales lady also did the same which made Minmi chuckle . She's drop dead gorgeous with that elegant maxi dress. 

"We'll get that."

Tao smiled and told the sales lady to wrapped a new stock of it for them. Minmi changed back to her clothes and Tao paid at the counter. 

"You're so beautiful Ms. Minmi. I'm a fan of you." The sales lady said shyly. 

"Kamsahamnida eonni~" She smiled and bowed at her in return. She was again surprised by the sales lady who was silent back when she's trying out dresses. But only to turn out that she's also a fan of her. Soon, they thanked the boutique staffs and left. 

"Lets eat Mimi ah. I'll take you to one of my favorite restaurants here."

Tao beamed and Minmi happily nodded. They made their way to the food section and they entered a steakhouse. Tao ordered two of his favorite dishes for her to try. They started eating excitedly once the dishes arrived. 

"Tastes really good." Minmi complimented. 

"Like I said." Tao smiled. "By the way, Mimi~ah.. Do you think Hyeri noona will like it?" 

"L-Like what oppa?" There goes the name again she didn't expect and wished she wouldn't hear for today. 

"The dress we've bought for her..."

Minmi got silent for a while and drank her soda. Her hands nearly shook but she encouraged herself to be strong despite of what she heard. So this is what it's all about. Her heart sunk hard this time. 

"You have the same size and height with Hyeri noona so I'm sure you've exact size as her when it comes to dresses." He added. 

"Ah. N-ne oppa. I'm sure she'll like it." She forced a smile and looked down as she bit her bottom lip. 

"Thank you Mimi ah. You know our company's Christmas party will come soon so I prepared her this one as a present." Tao smiled in return. 

She nodded and smiled a bit. She suddenly lost her appetite but she pretended to enjoy the food only for Tao. When they're done eating, she told Tao that she had to go home now since she promised Eunji something very important. Tao then drove the car and head back home. He stopped the car and removed his seatbelt. He hugged her all of a sudden, causing her to be surprised. 

"Jeongmal thank you Mimi ah. You're the best that I have." He smiled widely in between the hugs. 

A small smile escaped her lips, a bitter one, as she patted his back gently. She broke the hug and went out of the car. She watched Tao leaving as she waved him goodbye. She stood there for a few minutes. Her whole body became numb and her feet didn't want to move a single step. She was like stabbed again in the chest. It's too painful. Tears escaped her eyes as she finally turned around and slowly entered their apartment. 

 

"Ah...where is it? I left it here as far as I remember." Shownu rummaged through his drawer in the office. He went to SBS building though it's Saturday. It's so important to him that he must not lose that thing. Hyeri was walking in the hallway when she noticed a door slightly open. 'Who would go to work at this day?' She thought. She was about to enter when she stepped on a small rectangular object that nearly creaked. Good thing she didn't step on it completely. She slowly bent down and picked it up. It's a USB drive with a tag that says 'S. H. W'. She peeped at the room and saw a guy's back searching through his drawers. She slowly entered and  looked closely. She saw that he had an ID lace of the company so she felt relieved. He wasn't a theft or something. 

"Yeogisseo." She said curtly, raising up the USB drive in her hand. 

Shownu stopped on searching and found the girl's voice behind his back very familiar. He slowly closed his drawer. 

"You're still the same Shownu-ssi I know ..."

He turned around and he was right. The girl who admired him during middle school. They were both in the same class when they're in Daewoon University. Hyeri admitted the fact that she really fell in love with Shownu back then. The whole campus were so noisy about the rumors that they will be the best couple in school if that happens. Their MVP in basketball and the Queen of Badminton together. However, Shownu didn't return her love in any way. Some rumors said that it's the reason why she left Korea. 

"Don't worry. I already moved on. If that's what you're thinking." She smiled at him. He came closer and gently took the USB drive in her hand. 

"Kamsahae." He smiled a bit in return and bowed. 

He soon went out of the room and head home. Hyeri was finally relieved after seeing Shownu and voiced out what she wanted to say after a long time. She did already move on after he rejected her a long time ago but it took her also years for that matter. She focused more on studies when she's in U. S. And that's the only way to forget her first love. Tough it is... but fate maybe really didn't want them to be. 

 

"Annyeong.. My first love... "

__________________________________________________

More dramas to come up :">