Chapter 31. Second Confession

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Minmi was out again for a jogging today. It's been three weekends wherein she added Shownu in her routine every morning. She started to warm up, waiting for Shownu to arrive. They always take the same jogging route. 

"Hmm. I wonder why he's late." 

She mumbled, tying her shoes the way Shownu taught her. She waited for a few minutes yet he wasn't arriving. She decided to start jogging. 

''He knew this route anyway. He'll follow soon.'' She sighed.

 

To: Cutie Ahjussi *ㅅ* 

 

'I'll start jogging now. Be sure to catch up. :P'

 

She texted and put her earphones on, listening to light songs happily. After taking a few rounds, she stopped and checked her phone. Still, no text or call from him. Her worry was interrupted when a hand held her wrist. 

"Mimi ah..."

"Tao-ssi.. I mean, oppa.." 

Minmi looked down, upon seeing his face. He didn't look normal today. He's pale and dark circles were around his eyes. 

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Tao breathed heavily. "Jebal..."

Minmi hesitated yet she felt pity towards him. He looked really different today. They sat on a bench at the park. 

"What is it oppa?" Minmi started. 

"H-how are you now?" Tao said, fidgeting his hands. 

"I'm fine.. You oppa? Gwaenchana? You looked sick."

"Ah.. Ani. I'm fine. Mimi ah.. There's something I want to tell you."

Tao was nervous. He battled it out for how many days and now, he decided to pour out his true feelings. He suddenly hugged her tightly. He really missed her. 

"Joaheyo... Nan joaheyo..."

The words that was trapped in his heart finally came out from his lips. He tightened his hug and Minmi was speechless at his sudden confession. 

"I'm sorry. Hyeri noona wasn't the one I really like. I was blinded by that long crush thing. Mianhaeyo.."

Minmi just kept silent. His words weren't sinking yet to her. 

 

 

"Mr. Park, you think she'll like this one? Or this one?" 

Shownu smiled as he held two cute teddy bears. 

"Hmm. I think that purple one is better." Mr. Park  replied smilingly. 

"Arasseo. I'll give her this one. But I think this one is cute too." 

He thought again for a second. He couldn't decide which one will he give her. It's for the nth time already and he's almost near the park where they used to jog. Mr. Park suddenly laughed, causing him to quirk his eyebrows at him. 

"Ah wae...?"

"Honestly, you can pick the two and give it to her. She'll be happy even more."

"Ah.. G-gurae.." Shownu bit his lips. 

He was right. Why pick a cuter one when you can give two cute teddies anyway? 

"Gumawo, Mr. Park." He waved at him after getting out of the car. 

"Ah ne. Hwaiting sajangnim!" Mr. Park beamed, wishing him goodluck. 

Shownu took a deep breath and smiled. Actually he's nervous. It's his first time being cheesy this way. He hid the cute teddies at his hoodie's front pocket. He walked happily thinking what will be her reaction. He was about to walk on a short wooden bridge when the scene on the bench at the other end of it, stopped his feet from moving. His smile faded in an instant. The purple teddy bear fell out from his hoodie's pocket. He turned around and his fist tightened. It hurts him seeing her in his embrace again like they used to be. Tears started to form in his eyes and he left the scene. He stepped on the purple teddy bear without even caring about it anymore. It was a lie. She didn't like him back. And that fact just kept ringing in his head which drove him more heartbroken. 

 

 

"See? I told you sajangnim. She's snatching Tao oppa from you." Sunhwa said smirking. 

'She's busted.' She thought. After inviting Hyeri to have a drink in a coffee shop nearby the park, this was the one she had already in plan after seeing Tao and Minmi together a while ago. Hyeri was on her way to the supermarket when she was called by Sunhwa. She told her it's urgent and that she had something to say. Thus, she went the other way around. Hyeri was all silent watching the scene. She was right. It was Minmi all this time and she knew it all along. From the way Tao looked and cared for Minmi, it's very different from his way towards her. She left the scene and Sunhwa just stayed behind for a moment. 

"Let's see what happens next Minmi.' She scoffed and left as well, feeling satisfied. 

 

 

Minmi broke the hug, causing Tao to be surprised again. 

"Oppa... It's not like the old times anymore."

"Mimi ah... "

"I'm already tired showing how much I cared for you since then. Too tired that I was all drained out and couldn't feel anything for you now. I'm sorry. Hyeri noona is the one for you."

Tao was even more confused now. With the words he's hearing from her, he found out her one-sided love for him back then. This made him more guilty and frustrated. 

"Mimi..ani-"

"Jeongmal mianhaeyo.... "

Minmi lastly said as she stood up and left him. She couldn't be foolish like in the past anymore. All she could see was him back then, but now she had to open her eyes for any possibilities that will make her happy as well. Tears escaped his eyes as he watched her leaving. This was really the end for them. Minmi started to jog again and put her earphones on. However, she wasn't that far yet when she heard a creaking sound underneath her shoes. She checked it and a purple teddy bear was there. She accidentally stepped on it. Feeling sad about someone who might have lost it, she picked it up and decided to take it home if no one will claim it. 

"Gwaenchana.. You're safe with me now." She muttered at the stuffed toys as she walked back home. 

 

 

___________________________________________________

ㅜ.ㅜ