Chapter 05. Savior... or Maybe Not?

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Mian...Mimi ah." Kihyun approached Minmi to comfort her again. She pretended to walk out but later came back with a grin in her face.

“Yah.. what's wrong with that guy?" She poked him.

“Omo. You’re not mad anymore?" Kihyun asked.

"Ne. What can I do.." She smiled.

“Jeongmal gumawo, Mimi! Thank you for understanding. Hyung isn’t really mean though." He joyfully said.

“Hmm..I guess so. As long as he won't cross the line or else I'll cut him into pieces." She laughed evilly.

"That’s our Minmi!" Eunji interrupted, pumping her fist in the air. The two didn’t notice that she was paying attention to their conversation too.

"Eavesdropper!" The two cried in unison.

"Sorry~~  heee." She grinned. 

 

“Bye Kihyun ah!” 

"Ne. Bye you two~"

"Ah. Wait. Was that the car Shownu just used a while ago? Eunji eyed Kihyun curiously. 

"Ah yeah. Hyung borrowed it to me this morning."

"Where is he then?" Minmi asked too.

"He went home already. He took the subway though. He rejected my offer to ride with me."

"Weird ahjussi." Minmi muttered.

“What?" 

"Nothing. Take care Hyunnie ah! Annyeong~"

The three finally got into their own cars and went home.

 

As fast as a new day came up, the SBS building were busy again. Tao and Minmi always go out when it's lunch time, causing the other girl employees to be jealous and curious at the same time to their relationship. When it's broadcasting time, Minmi already overcame her fear. She finally realized that it's Shownu whom she's nervous at. Though he ignored her again, the filming went just fine. She thanked God she didn't have mistakes or else Jooheon will bury her alive. It's live this time.

"Aren't we going home together Jiji ah?" Minmi asked her bestfriend who's still glued to her computer.

"I'm afraid, yes Mimi ah." Eunji pouted. “I have lots of work to finish today. Don't worry about me. Hyunnie will take care of me." 

Kihyun's ears suddenly reddened when he turned to them especially when he saw Eunji grinning at him.

"Mwoh?" He asked.

"Take care you two then!" Minmi patted his back and exited the room.

 

On her way, Minmi decided to stop in a convenience store nearby before reaching home. She had to park her car across the street though. With her hoodie on, she got out of the car and crossed the street. They ran out of snacks and other goodies at home already so she picked them all quickly. When she's out of the store, her phone suddenly vibrated. It's a message from Tao. While busy opening the message, she took a step on the pedestrian lane but to her shock, her hoodie was pulled backwards causing her to be back in place. Then a speedy car passed by her.

"Do you really want your blood to ooze out from your head!?" A mad Shownu popped out beside her out of nowhere. Minmi was silent and hung her head low. She's also scared at the thought of it.

"Next time, FOCUS on the traffic lights when crossing. What's the point of it being up there?" He said furiously.

She took a glimpse of the lights and indeed, cars were still on the go.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to-"

Minmi turned to see Shownu but he's already a few meters away..ready to hop on a bus that passed by.

"Eh? He didn't even hear my side. Aigoo.. ahjussi ah! Thanks though!" She shouted, hoping he'll  somehow hear it. She smiled for a reason that knowing the guy who's always mean to her wasn't bad at all. Now, she took in all what he said and paid more attention to the traffic lights before crossing the street. She drove her car smiling like an idiot at what happened just now, totally forgetting about Tao’s message. She only remembered to check her phone before she went to bed.

 

“Eomma, I'm home." Shownu greeted while removing his shoes at the doorstep. His mom got out of the kitchen and noticed her son carrying grocery bags with the unusual look she didn't always see in him.

"Waeyo?" He asked suspiciously.

“Could you please put that eyebrows down? It might get burn." She . His creased eyebrows finally eased and smiled.

"What’s with that look though?

"Uh..nothing eomma. I was just madly worried at a puppy crossing the street on my way home."

"Jinjja? That puppy must be lost. Anyway, did you eat already? Let's eat now." Her mom ordered.

While following his mom to the kitchen, Shownu thought back to what he said just now. Did he just call her puppy? He quite laughed at it.

 

“A pretty lost puppy." He muttered.

 

__________________________________________

 

What a weird savior!  ㅋㅋㅋ

I smell someone's loosenin' up a bit~  :D