Chapter 32. After All...

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"Ah wae, he's not answering his phone?"

Minmi tried for the nth time calling Shownu but nothing happened. She's pretty worried now. It's been days she couldn't reach him. 

"Ey.. Noona, we're going." Gunhee said as he noticed her not moving. 

"Ah. N-ne."

 

It's their first day at the new office given by SBS. The condominium was ready now. Since it's a 9-floored building, one floor was set for Minmi's show. It's just a bad news for Eunji and Kihyun since Sunhwa also had a floor for her own show. That means they'll be seeing her a lot as well in the building. SBS decided to give a launching party for their new location. Soon, Minmi and her friends arrived at the place. And they liked it more than their old office. It's more fancier to look at on its outside due to its glass designs. They entered the building which was now full of guests and employees for the party. Some reporters were also there to cover the special event. Hyeri as the CEO welcomed them. Minmi noticed that Tao was nowhere in sight, making her guilty of what happened between them the other day. She bit her lip and was surprised when Hyeri patted her back. Hyeri smiled at her and it made her confused even more. She smiled back and somehow she felt relieved. She did the right thing. 

 

The launching started and Hyeri finally cut the ribbon. They all clapped and the party soon started. They enjoyed theirselves having foods and drinks at the catering area. Suddenly, all heads snapped at the entrance when a young man and a lady came in. They all gasped of who it was. It's KBS CEO and Hyeri was also surprised. She didn't formally invite him, but it's his property so she thought of it as his way of gratitude towards their successful business deal. But one thing bothered them the most. Who's the lady he came with? Eunji and the two boys were also worried for Minmi. Glad she hadn't come back yet after telling them she's going to use the washroom. However, she'll be back anytime soon. Shownu and the lady held hands like a couple and the guests went more confused and buzzed when they recognized who she was.This caught the attention of the reporters. They rushed to their direction and interviewed them. As everyone knows, Minmi should be the one showing up with Shownu like this. After their sweet confessions last time, there's no doubt they're the couple. 

"Omo. Hi Mr. Shownu. You’re also here for the launching. What brought you here? 

"Hello. I'm here since I'm the owner of this property." He smiled. 

"Woah. That's a surprise. It's a proof there's no competition going on between two big networks." The reporter complimented. 

"Ne. We can say it like that."

"By the way, Mr. Shownu. Can you introduce us to this beautiful lady who's with you today?"

"Ah ne. This is Park Sunhwa. My girlfriend."

Everyone gasped at his confession. 

"Ah.. Y-yeojachingu? How bout Ms. Shin from SBS too, Mr. Shownu?" 

"Oh. That. You got it all wrong. I have nothing to do with her."

"Some rumors said that you also worked with her in the past. Doesn't that mean that you also got the chance to be close to each other?"

Shownu laughed at the reporter's statement. All his rage were running out from his veins right now. 

"Ah aniya. It's just work. And I thanked her for that. Now, I've got the company that I must have and I am where I wanted right now."

"Geundae-"

"This will answer all your questions.." 

He cut the reporter's question and soon flashes of cameras followed. They all gasped at the scene in front of them. He smirked and suddenly kissed Sunhwa. He didn't care of the people around them. He's really mad right now. 

 

His hands curled up and tightened as he saw the back of the girl he loved so much. He couldn't stand watching Minmi's frozen body. She saw and heard everything. And Tao didn't want to see her face right now. It will hurt him more. All heads snapped to Tao's direction as he passed by. He couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed Shownu's shoulder and punch him hard in the face, making the latter stepped back. Shownu smirked as he wiped the blood from the cut on his lips. 

"Tch. The man who have everything. Well done." He scoffed. 

"Stop this nonsense hyung!" Tao who's as angry as him fired back. "Why you're doing this to her, huh?! 

"I saw you two the other day. Might as well announced it to the public right?!" Shownu growled, as he stepped closer to him. 

"You and your blind suspicions! She chose you over me. She loves you more than me. And you should know that more than me." Tao spatted. 

"Mwoh?"

Tao stepped closer as well and eyed him with all anger. 

"Make a wrong move again... Hurt her... And I'll never forgive you." He warned. 

Minmi was still standing at one corner with tears flowing nonstop on her face. Tao walked towards Minmi and held her hand, leading her away from the scene. She looked down and cover her lips at the back of her free hand. Her eyes were too blurry now to look at everyone. Eunji, Gun and Kihyun were so pitiful towards her. She was totally embarrassed in front of everyone. The three were also mad at Shownu. Mr. Park decided to encourage his CEO to go back home now. The issue might just get bigger. Soon, the party went off. 

 

"What was that a while ago Shownu-ssi?" Sunhwa whined while they're in the car. 

"Mianhae..."

"Mianhae?! Tao oppa must be so mad at me now! Ah wae?!"

Shownu just stayed silent and thought back of what he did a while ago. He saw Sunhwa on the way to the new building and that's when his anger dominated. When Sunhwa was at the entrance, he held her hand tightly and didn't let her go. Sunhwa was also surprised yet she played along when she knew this will affect Minmi again. But she never thought Shownu would gone that far. Mr. Park stopped the car as Sunhwa insisted to go out. 

"Yah! Clear this mess up. You started it. Aish!" 

Sunhwa closed the car's door angrily after hopping down.

 

''She chose you over me. She loves you more than me. And you should know that more than me.''

 

Those words kept ringing in Shownu's head and it made him more remorseful than ever. He had done the biggest mistake in his life. With a heavy heart, he knocked on her eomma's house. 

"Eo? Great you're here my dear." Mrs. Son smiled. 

Shownu forced a smile and sat at the sofa silently. Mrs. Son sensed something's wrong with his son. She patted his back and tears started to fall from his eyes. 

"Eomma... I hurt her. I'm not good to her." He cried. 

"Aigoo. Gwaenchana.. Everything's going to be alright dear." 

Mrs. Son comforted him. It's the first time she saw her son so heartbroken like this. It must be so painful to him. She hugged him and Shownu just sobbed more. He loves Minmi too much. 

 

"You're my best friend too after all." 

Minmi tried to smile as her tears couldn't stop falling still. They sat on a bench nearby. Tao stayed beside her and just let her painful feelings pour out. 

"Gumawo, Mimi ah.. Gwaenchana.. That jerk. If only he had asked first before doing anything stupid." Tao said, still mad at what happened earlier. 

"It's ok oppa.. I'll be alright anytime soon. Don't mind me. I'm a crybaby, remember?" Minmi joked, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Ah, ne.. If that jerk hurts you again, just tell me. Arasseo?"

"De oppa... Gumawo." 

Minmi replied as she sobbed again.

 

"Oh. That. You got it all wrong. I have nothing to do with her." 

"Ah aniya. It's just work. And I thanked her for that. Now, I've got the company that I must have and I am where I wanted right now."

 

These words pierced her heart so much. She felt betrayed. So it was all a mistake after all. He used her so he could gain his father's company. 

"Paboya~" 

She muttered to herself, crying out again. But there's this one side of her telling her to go ask or clear this out to him. She was really confused now. Too confused... 

 

_______________________________________________

 

ㅠㅡㅠ 

Aww. More drama coming up! Stay tuned~