Chapter 29. What Did You Just Say? 

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The ride home was silent. Minmi was so surprised by his confession. Did he just say he loves her? Shouldn't it be the 'like' thing first? Her thoughts were in a dilemma right now. She's also wondering how could he said that so easily. Her thoughts stopped when the car already stopped. They arrived in front of her apartment. 

"It's okay. I'm not rushing you to answer back what I just said a while ago..." Shownu smiled, looking at a distance. 

He went out of the car and opened the other side for Minmi. He offered his hand and she hesitantly took it. She's still nervous until now. Soon they reached the front door and Minmi looked down as they faced each other. 

"Jalja..." He smiled as he started walking away. 

"Jamkkanman..."

Shownu turned around. She removed the coat in her shoulders and handed it to him. 

"Gumawoyo... Be careful on your way home." She said, still looking down. 

Shownu nodded and smiled. He went to his car and finally left. As soon as she entered her room, she changed into comfortable clothes. But her mind and heart were still battling. Her night was so full of thoughts yet the words he heard from him tonight were the answers to her overdue questions. A smile escaped her lips when she already realized what he really meant a while ago. Her heart was now happy. And she couldn't deny it either. 

 

'Sweet New Couple: SBS Top News Anchor and KBS CEO!'

 

Headlines in all entertainment news were buzzing about this new interesting article. Pictures of Minmi and Shownu at the Awards Night were there as proofs; Shownu saving her at the cocktail party, their quoted speeches as well as Shownu's mysterious confession at the end of the event. Some old photos also surfaced like the two going on a train trip and at the market on Christmas season. None of these escaped Tao's eyes. He's at his room still confused of last night's event. He rubbed the back of his neck and went outside his veranda to get some fresh air. His chest were aching like he couldn't breath just by remembering what happened last night. Good thing it's weekend or else he'll end up working unproductively. He went back in and quickly grabbed his jacket. He left his apartment and ran outside to who knows where. 

 

Minmi went out of their apartment on her jogging outfit. She stretched her arms and closed her eyes. A smile escaped her lips just by thinking what happened last night. Her heart was still screaming in happiness. She finally realized what her heart wanted. Just as when she opened her eyes, the one whom her heart wanted popped up in front of her. 

"Eo? You creepy ahjussi.." She said, looking around. 

Shownu was also in his white muscle tee shirt and shorts ready for a jog. He smiled as he removed his hands on his pockets and suddenly bent down. Minmi was surprised as he tied her shoelaces. 

"There." He smiled at her, feeling satisfied at his work. 

Minmi looked at it and tried to take a step and it was really comfortable compared to how she tied it earlier. 

"Gumawo." She curtly said as she crossed her arms, still not looking at him. 

"From now on, you'll have to jog with me." 

"Wae?" She looked at him suspiciously. 

"Wae? Should there be a reason for it? I just like it."

"Shireo."

Shownu was surprised at her reply. He felt rejected. 

"G-gurae. I'll g-get going then." He stuttered as he started to jog away from her. 

"Eo??" 

Minmi was also surprised at his reaction. She thought for a second and realized she might have upset him. She laughed and soon jogged following him. She caught up with him and jogged matching his average pace. She peeked at his face and he seemed worried.

"Yah... Are you mad?" She poked him in the arm and smiled. 

"A-ani.."

"You're lying. I can see it." Minmi beamed. "Aigoo, some ahjussi don't know what a joke means."

Shownu stopped, causing her to stop as well. 

"So you mean... earlier was a joke." He faced her this time. "Ne~" Minmi puffed her cheeks. She was later shocked when a pair of arms carried her like a sacked of potatoes.

"Yah! Ahjussi put me down! Yah!"

Shownu just ignored her and smiled widely. 

 

Seeing them happy at his car's side mirror was piercing his heart. Tao could see Minmi's glowing eyes with Shownu's company. It's the first time he saw this with someone else besides him whenever she's with her. He closed his eyes and tears escaped his eyes. How couldn't he noticed this earlier. His grip on the steering wheel tightened. His phone kept ringing but he didn't care anymore. His heart ached so much that he ignored everything around him. He got 15 missed calls already until the last phone ring stopped.

'Caller ID : Hyeri' 

 

The two ended up on a bench nearby, eating ice creams. 

"Mhm. Tastes good." Shownu smiled. 

After battling with each other, Shownu let her down after she promised to buy him ice cream. Surely, she didn't forget his weakness. 

"Wae?" Minmi looked at him curiously when he was staring at her like he had no plans to blink. He motioned her to wipe her lips. It seemed like a bit of cream was at the corner of her lips and this caused Shownu to laugh at her. Minmi wiped it and puffed her cheeks. 'He's no gentleman. Aigoo, wae did I like this guy.' She thought, sulking. She expected like one of those in romantic movies where the guy gently wiping his girl's lips to clean it for her. She suddenly stood up and left him. Shownu stopped laughing and cleared his throat. Did he gone that far? He quickly followed her. 

"Yah.. Mianhae. I was just kidding. Ey." Shownu said, catching her speed. "There's no cream on your lips."

But she walked fast and just ignored him more. The truth was.. no cream was at the corner of her lips. Shownu just pretended though. When he couldn't get a gold of her, he blocked her path and open his arms wide. She tried to escape but he wasn't allowing it, blocking her path whenever she walks. 

"C-coffee. I'll b-buy you a coffee." He said, nervous if she will buy it or not. She slowly walked towards him. 

"Ding. Dong. Dang." She smiled widely as she crossed her arms. "Arasseo."

Shownu felt defeated. HA. Thought of winning this but she still won. 

"Kaja. Buy me some." Minmi grabbed his hand and lead him smilingly. Shownu also smiled at their sudden contact. Butterflies were eating his stomach now.

 

After a long sweet day, Minmi felt tired and Shownu carried her on his back. She didn't want to at first but she soon accepted his offer. It's still a long walk going home and her feet were soaring. The street was empty and the night was cold already. Thus, Minmi put her hoodie on. 

"G-gwaenchana? I c-can go down now if you want." She cautiously said. 

"Ani.. I'm fine." He replied. 

Minmi paused for a moment and tried to peek at his face a bit. He looked serious. 

"Ah.. Shownu-ssi, why do you like me?"

Shownu smiled at her question. 

"I just like you. Is it bad?"

"Ah.. Ani." Minmi let out a laugh. Silence filled the night again and Shownu continued to walk. 

"I love you more than I like you Mimi ah... I hope your heart knows that... " He said softly. 

When he didn't get a response, he paused for a moment and he turned his head to see her. His face was so close to her sleeping face. He noticed her peaceful face as well, causing him to smile for a while and soon walked again. This was the happiest night in his life. The second night time around... 

 

______________________________________________

💜👫❤

Annyeong! How's everyone doing? :)