Chapter 33. Let Go

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Minmi took a three-day leave from work after the incident. Eunji, Kihyun and Gun already understood her reasons as well as Tao and Hyeri. She needed some time alone. She spent her days in her room without doing anything. Eunji was so worried at her. She doesn't eat all the food in her plate everytime they eat together at home. She seldom goes out in her room as well. Minmi look out from the window and the cold night invited her to go out. She stepped out from the house with an oversized jacket on. The night was cold, yet there's nothing more colder than what she's feeling inside of her. She looked up and closed her eyes, letting the moonlight hit her. Soon, memories of Shownu and her seated under the tree with the greenfields at halmeoni's flashed in her mind. A tear escaped from her eye and she tightened her fist. 

"Andwae... "

 She mumbled as she wiped it and fixed herself. Her feet started moving and soon she found herself running to who knows where. 

 

"Ey, agassi. What are you doing here at this hour?"

 A guard approached Minmi while she was standing in front of the KBS building. When she didn't respond, he also looked up to where she was staring. It's a room in the 10th floor where the light was still on. Minmi hadn't been to KBS building, yet she had this feeling that the said room belongs to Shownu. 

"Agassi. Can't you hear me? Agassi-"

"I need to talk to him." She replied, going in. 

"Nugu? You're not allowed to enter agassi." The guard stopped her. 

"Shownu-ssi." She said curtly as she made her way again. 

But the guard was also blocking her path. When she's halfway the entrance, she saw a man's silhouette at the vacant lot beside the building. She stepped back and the guard soon left her alone. She slowly walked towards the vacant lot and she was right. He was the one she's looking for. The basketball ball came to Minmi's feet and a tired looking Shownu eyed her. He was not himself for the past days and he always spent more of his working hours at night in the vacant lot. Dark circles were clearly visible in his eyes, making him look tired always.

"Shownu-ssi.."

"What are you doing here?" He coldly said as he loosened the tie on his polo. 

"About what happened-"

"Just go home." He turned around not facing her. 

"Shownu-ssi.. I know you. Everything you said-"

"Everything I said that day was all true! Can't you get it?! I just used you!"

"Ani. Aniya. You're lying. If it's true... Say it in front of me."

Tears started to form in her eyes. She's afraid of what he'll going to say but she had to do it. Or else she will lose herself not knowing the truth. She clasped her hands on the edge of her jacket as rain started to fall. She ignored getting wet already. Her heart has been too cold to feel the rain anymore. Shownu tightened his fist as he faced her.

He stepped closer and looked her in the eyes. 

"I didn't like you. Nor. love. a girl. like you."

Each word was as clear as the night but Minmi couldn't accept it easily. She pretended it to be as blurry as the raindrops. 

"You're lying. That's not true!" She coarsely said as she started to cry. "You're lying!" 

She punched his chest continuously with all her strength. He endured all her punches until she gradually stop and rested her trembling fists on his chest. Shownu held her fists and slowly dropped it down as he walked away. Her sobs got even louder and the rain got stronger as well. He paused for a while and tears also flowed from his eyes. 

"Mianhae, Mimi ah.. I'm sorry. Really sorry." 

He muttered as he dragged his feet out of the place and drove his car away. 

 

Last night was the most terrible nightmare for Minmi. It was so painful hearing the words she was afraid of coming from him. 

"Careful Mimi ah. Have a safe trip." 

Eunji hugged her best friend tightly, comforting her. Minmi decided to go home for a while. That way she could forget a bit. 

"Ne. Kamsahamnida Jiji ah." She forced a smile and bowed. 

Soon, she gathered all her strength back to be able to drive for two hours. She had to clear her head.

 

 

"Oppa.. "

"Eo? Mimi ah!" InGuk happily rushed to Minmi and hugged her. "My aegi dongsaeng!" 

Minmi also smiled and hugged him tightly, but later hit him in the head. 

"Aegi?!" She whined. 

"Ahehe.. Mianhae. Just missing you, you know." InGuk laughed, making her laugh a bit as well. 

He noticed something strange on her laugh but he ignored it right away. 

"Kaja. Let's go inside. Eomma will be so happy when she sees you."

Just as he said,  Mrs. Shin welcomed her daughter with a big hug and Minmi tightened it as well. Like she wasn't going to let go anymore as she closed her eyes. Thus, InGuk already knew that something bad happened. He's sure with it. 

"We'll cook a good food for you. Just wait." Her mom winked and Minmi smiled. She missed this. InGuk ruffled her hair and she pouted at it. 

Soon, dinner was served. InGuk and Minmi were all excited upon seeing the dish. Seeing her children happy made Mrs. Son also satisfied. Thus, they ate happily. 

 

After the dinner, Minmi decided to get some fresh air. She sat on the bench and enjoyed the night. Without noticing,  InGuk and Mrs. Son watched her from afar. Mrs. Son nudged Inguk in the arm and nodded, signalling him to go and talk to his sister. He also gladly obliged. He sat slowly beside Minmi, making the latter smile a bit. 

"How's life in Seoul so far?" He asked. 

"Joah.. Just fine." She smiled. Yet, her smile faded in an instant and this didn't escape Inguk's eyes. 

" Ah.. I see." He replied and just stayed silent. 

"Oppa... "

"Hmm?"

"If...If someone says something in front of you.. Like their eyes seemed so real looking at you... Does it mean it's true?" 

"Ani.. Words and actions are sometimes deceiving. Wae you're asking? Did someone hurt you?"

"A-aniya~" Minmi was caught off guard. 

"Did that Shownu guy hurt you?? Aishh... I knew it! Bringing you home because you passed out back then like he cared but will soon leave you. Aigoo. I don't like that guy for you anymore!" InGuk fired nonstop. 

"Bringing me home? Passed out?"

 Minmi quirked her eyebrows. She didn't remember anything like that happened between her and Shownu. 

"Ah. I mean..." Inguk tried to escape, yet he gave up. He thought this might be the right time to tell her. Minmi was also waiting for him to continue. He cleared his throat first before he began. 

 

"Back then, it's your Promenade Night...

 

___________________________________________________

 

Annyeong readers ^^! 

How's the story going so far? Just comment below and subscribe :) gumawo~