Chapter 09. Her Luck...

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The day Minmi was excited for and at the same time made her worry came at last. She woke up early and packed her clothes and things in a backpack which seemed to be bulky but she ignored it. She tried to carry it and she still could anyway. With her sunglasses and cap, she wore a casual traveller's look today. Denim pants and a white v-neck shirt was enough for her. 

"Mimi ah, have a happy trip! Don't worry. We'll also be there next week."

Eunji happily hugged her and escorted her to her car. 

"Thanks Jiji. I'll wait for you." 

She finally smiled and got in her car. She thought that sulking might have no use this time. She had to enjoy the opportunity. She patted her stuffed toy's head which she laid beside her and smiled. Zoro was the name she gave to it - a cute, black and white stuff toy puppy. She always carry it when she's going on a trip. She fastened her seat belt together with Zoro and set her mind ready for a peaceful road trip. She the engine. 

"Omo. What's happening?" She muttered. 

She kept on turning on the engine but it also keeps turning off. She checked the gas meter and it's full somehow. 

"Uh oh. I'm doomed." 

She got out of the car, also welcomed by a concerned Eunji. 

"What's wrong?" Eunji asked. 

"Engine problem again. I thought it's fixed already according to Mr. Kim. Eottokaji~?" She puffed her cheeks. 

Eunji also kept thinking what's the best remedy. 

"Oh..Jamkanman. I know who can help."

She took her phone and dialled a number. She told the address and instructed how to get to their apartment. Minmi, on the other hand, was curious of who it was but she just kept grinning at her. She then shrugged and continued unloading her backpack. 

"Don't worry Mimi. I'll get this car fix while you're gone." Eunji smiled. 

 

Meanwhile... 

 

"Wait. Mr. Park, take a turn back to Seokji Avenue please. I forgot something."

"Ne. Seonsaengnim."

After his mind battling it for a while, he finally gave in. A scoff plastered on his face as he laid his head on the car's headrest and closed his eyes. 

"Poor puppy." He muttered. 

 

In a few minutes, a high end white car parked in front of Minmi and Eunji. Minmi tilted her head and gave a curious look to her bestfriend who's just constantly grinning. The moment he stepped out, her curious look was turned into a 'rawr' look at Eunji. She mouthed a 'thank you' and 'you wanna die later' to her which caused Eunji to laugh. Her bestfriend elbowed her and forced her to smile. 

"Shownu-ssi, thank you for coming. As you see we have a little problem here." Eunji said. 

He's poker face still on causing Minmi to look down.

"Ah..some engine problem. Sorry to bother you but can you take Minmi with you. You'll be staying in a same place though when you arrive there." She added. 

"Get in."

He said shortly and he got in first at the back part of the car. 

"Thank you Shownu-ssi! 

Eunji said gladly as she pushed Minmi inside the car and waved at them smilingly. 

"Wait..."

Minmi interrupted Mr. Park as she opened the car's door again and picked up the fallen Zoro at the ground. She dusted it, only to earn a pair of eyes beside her, gazing at her intensely. She hugged it and cleared . 

"Ahem.. Sorry, it's okay now."

Mr. Park bowed and smiled glancing at the back through the car's mirror. 

On their way, the two at the back kept silent. Minmi just kept looking at the view outside. When she gathered all her courage, she decided to broke the ice between them. 

"Ahjuss- Ah.. S-shownu-ssi. Where did you get this car?"

She asked curiously. The last time she heard Kihyun told them was that he always commute instead of riding a car. 

"Why? Am I not allowed to ride one of these?" He raised his eyebrow. 

"Ah n-no.. That's not what I  mean." She found herself fidgeting at the moment, unable to say what she wanted to say. 

"I rented it." He replied afterwards. 

"Ah..I see."

She thought of the budget Xiumin gave him with that and realized it. She soon turned back her head to the car's window and mentally cursed herself for asking him.'Curiosity kills Mimi' She thought. 

The two went silent again. And after a few minutes,   they finally arrived at Cheongnyangni subway station. Minmi carried her backpack with Zoro in her hands as she struggled to stand straight. 

"Thank you Mr. Park." Shownu bowed. 

Mr. Park wished them a happy trip and soon left them. 

 

The trip to Wonju,  Gangwon-do Province usually takes 1 hour and 20 minutes when having the train. It's not bad though since the train is spacious plus it's not that crowded with passengers yet. Minmi rejoiced at it but what burdens her now was her backpack. Starting from the ticketing area up to entering the train, she struggled to carry it straight while following Shownu. She regretted now using the backpack. Shownu, who saw her at the corner of his eyes, just shrugged at the scene. 

"Camping or Hiking puppy. Either way." He muttered,  shaking his head and entered first the train. He sat comfortably putting his bag down. A tired Minmi also followed, plopping down beside him. It's good she wore her cap and sunglasses or else the passengers would recognize her. When she realized how close she was with Shownu, she moved a bit and placed Zoro in between them. She smiled at him trying to lessen the awkward situation. He ignored her and lowered his cap to take a nap instead. 

'Stiff ahjussi.' She muttered and chuckled quite evilly causing him to shot her a glare. But Minmi quickly stopped and pretended to find something in her bag. When Shownu closed his eyes, she was relieved. 'That was close.' She sighed. 

 

The train ride was still silent especially Shownu taking a nap. This was the first time Minmi boarding a train. She enjoyed watching the scenery outside and ignored a sleeping Shownu. After a while, her eyes got tired. 'So much of waking up so early.' She thought and soon closed her eyes. Sleep fully dominated her. 

On the ride,  Shownu woke up in the middle of nowhere. He lifted his cap and rubbed his eyes, only to see Minmi bobbing her head. Her shoulders were swaying left to right when the train moves in a curve area. He scoffed and shook his head once again.

"Yah.. What's your name?" 

He bent down and made fun of the stuff toy that Minmi placed in between them. It's sitting like position made Shownu sneer more. 

"I'm sorry but..."

He lifted Zoro and placed it slowly on Minmi's lap. He gently put her arms in a hugging manner to Zoro which he prayed not to wake her up. He was very relieved when he succeeded. He later put her head on his shoulder for support. With that, he adjusted back his cap down to hide his face, ready to share a peaceful sleep with a sleepy head resting on his shoulder. 

 

___________________________________________________

 

Iwantatrainridetoo~!!!   >/////< ㅎㅎㅎ

More ShowMi moments coming up!  :">