Chapter 25. Missing

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Today, Minmi went to work early. She eagerly waited for Kihyun to arrive. She wanted to know Shownu's whereabouts. In a few minutes, he finally arrived but his slumped shoulders sent her a sense of bad news. 

"Gwaenchana Kihyunnie?"

"Mimi ah.. Mianhada.. He's phone was off now, starting last night. I called Mrs. Son, she said Shownu just texted her that he'll be fine and nothing to worry."

She was silent for a while. She couldn't think of anything. Just when she thought of Xiumin, their department head. Maybe he knew something. 

"Kamsahae Kihyunnie." 

She bowed and went out, heading to the department head office quickly. She knocked and Xiumin was fortunately there.

"Annyeonghaseyo Sunbaenim." She greeted. 

"Eo. Annyeong Mimi.. What takes you here?"

"Sunbae.. Did Shownu-ssi perhaps reported to you before leaving?"

"Ah.. Ye. He already filed a resignation since Gunhee informed me he'll be back anytime this week. I persuaded him to stay since he worked well but he didn't accept my offer." 

"Ah g-guraesso sunbae. Gumawo..." She bowed and left. 

"A-alright. No prob." 

Xiumin stuttered when he saw Minmi walked out sadly. He felt something wasn't right. Minmi walked slowly at the hallway when her knees suddenly felt weak. She wiped away the tear that escaped her eye and soon ran out of the building. She bumped shoulders with a guy, not caring who it is. With her blurry eyes, she didn't care anymore.

"Mimi-..."

Tao was about to grab her hand and follow her, but he stopped when he heard Hyeri called him.

She drove her car away from the company's building and  to wherever the wheels of the car would take her. She had to clear the pain. He was the first person she started to open up after Tao. And now he's gone. Not even a single wave of goodbye from him. Too assumed. Expecting hurts, really. She sent a message to Eunji that she'll take the rest of the day as a leave. Though she could see already a grinning Sunhwa from ear to ear taking her place as the news anchor, she didn't care anymore. Cold wind brushed her skin as she stared blankly at a distance while sitting on a bench. Her tears dried up already but her heart still hurts. She was also asking herself why It was even more painful than she had with Tao. Did she fell in love with him that hard in a just a matter of time? She scoffed as she wiped a single tear that escaped her eye once again. She stood up and went inside her car. She didn't notice time had gone fast and it's almost midnight. She finally decided to go home. Still, with a heavy heart. 

 

Once she got home, Eunji hugged her. She was really worried at her and by looking at her puffy eyes, she knew it already. She guided Minmi in her room and they sat at the bed for a while. 

"Mimi ah.. I know how you feel. And I know you already fell in love with Shownu-ssi." Eunji started. 

Minmi just looked down and tears began to dwell on her eyes again. 

"Mianhae Jiji ah.. I'm such a cry baby ever since." She forced a chuckle, as she wiped her tears. 

"Aigoo.. It's alright Mimi.. It's good that you let it out than holding it in." She patted her best friend's back. 

"I guess you're right Jiji. I don't know when it started but I fell in love with him already." She finally confessed.

"I just hate the fact that I fell in love with him instantly and have this great pain because of him more than I have with Tao oppa."

"That's a sign maybe he's the one for you Mimi ah. Don't worry. Everything's going to be okay. Trust me. He'll come back one day." Eunji replied.

"Whatever his reasons... I'll respect it for now." She said weakly. 

Eunji hugged her and soothed her back once again.

"Thank you so much Jiji ah." She slowly broke the hug and forced a smile. "You can go to sleep now. I'm bothering you too much already." 

"Aigoo. It's no big deal. Arasseo. Arasseo. Let's sleep now. Rest well okay?" Eunji smiled. 

"Ne. Jalja.. "

 

Minmi woke up late like it's weekend today. Her head was still throbbing. Eunji went already to work and didn't bother to wake her up. She decided to text her when she saw a new message from Eunji. 

Jiji: 

'I requested you a five-day leave to Xiumin-nim and he approved it. Take a rest for a while Mimi ah. Annyeong :)'

She smiled a bit at her best friend's thoughtfulness. That's what exactly she was going to text her anyway. She wanted to take a break from work since she felt so tired. She'll make the most out of it.

 

Two days had passed yet Minmi spent these days only at home. She only watched movies and ate whatever she wanted -- chocolates, chips, and all kind of junk foods. Very productive much for a broken-hearted, right? 

One day, Eunji approached her and advised her of her wrongdoings. She couldn't bear seeing her like that. She wanted her to be more strong yet there she was...Drowning herself with unhealthy foods as well as staying up late most of the time. 

On her last day of leave, Eunji dragged her into a salon. 

"Let's get you a new look!" 

She excitedly made Minmi sit down and face the big mirror upon entering a salon. Minmi didn't want to at the first place but when she looked at the mirror, she finally realized how she looked horrible the past days. She then agreed and let her hair dyed and treated. Eunji also got herself a new look only for her best friend. After an hour, their coat was removed and they looked at each other's reflection in the mirror. They both laughed. Eunji was all smiling when Minmi noticed this, causing her to stop laughing. 

"Mwoyah?"

"I'm just happy you're finally back." Eunji beamed. 

Minmi just looked down and smiled. 

"And you've got even more prettier Mimi ah! All our officemates will go wild again because of you." 

"Aigoo. Aniyoo~" She waved her hands in front of her face. 

"But you look lovely too Jiji ah! I'm sure Kihyunnie will have his jaw drop again because of you." She teased, causing Eunji to blush hard. Minmi chuckled at her. 

"Aigoo.. Kaja Mimi.. Let's go shopping!"

"Shiro.. You're changing the topic! Haha." She joked. But when she saw Eunji already had this tiger look. It's only a bluff yet she was scared. HA. 

"Ne! I'm coming!" She cheered. 

The two then went to Hongdae and shopped clothes together. They enjoyed trying out new fashion styles until they got tired and stopped by a restaurant. They ate happily as they ordered a new and exciting dish. They were not disappointed at all. It was delicious. After eating, they decided to go home already. With their hands full of shopping bags, they enjoyed this day a lot. Minmi somehow forgot about Shownu and just enjoyed today. Tomorrow will be a new day. Good start for a new year...

 

________________________________________________

Thanks to the new subbies! *heart-heart* :)))