Chapter 23. Christmas Love on Air

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

It's finally Christmas day. And how could Minmi not visiting her family at this very special occasion? Last night's phone conversation was just a trick. She wanted to surprise them today. She suddenly trailed her fingers on her lips. Did it really happened? She glanced at Shownu who's sleeping peacefully at the back seat, together with the guys. A smile escaped her lips. Everything that's happening to her right now was really unexpected. Could it mean that he likes her in anyway? 'Whatever it is, it could wait.' She thought, as she continued driving. It's going to be a long trip. 

"Ey.. What are you smiling at?" Eun Ji, who's in the front seat, noticed her. She just also woke up from sleep. 

"Eobseoyo..." 

"Hmm.. By the way, I'm so excited Mimi ah. It's my first time going to your eommoni's hometown."

"Ye. It's beautiful out there."

"No wonder these guys nagged to come along. Aigoo." Eunji said.

Truthfully, Minmi felt happy too when the guys said they would go with them. If Wonho, Kihyun, and Hyungwon didn't nagged Shownu, he would be sleeping soundly at home already. Thanks also to Mrs. Son who pushed him outside their house once again. Such a lazy-no-social-life ahjussi. HA. 

 

"Eomma!"

Minmi yelled as she closed the door of her car.

"Eo?! Aigooyah... This girl!" Mrs. Seo left her sprinkler for a while and walked towards them. 

Eunji and the guys also went out of the car. 

"Merry Christmas!" She hugged her mom and kissed her cheeks. 

"Merry Christmas too darling! You surprised me." She smiled sweetly. 

The guys at the back was awed with the scene in front of them. Like they want to go back and hug their eommas as well. 

"Eo. You're with your friends?"

"Ne eomma."

"Annyeong! Merry Christmas!" They greeted Mrs. Seo happily. 

"Nado kids. Come inside!" She widely smiled at them. 

"Aigoo.. Your oppa will be glad if he sees you." Mrs. Seo said as she walked side by side with Minmi.

"Oppa?" 

Eunji muttered. Minmi didn't mention anything as long as she remember. Behind Eunji was Shownu who stopped in his tracks when he heard her. Soon a guy, who came out of nowhere, walked pass through them and was going to back hug Minmi. But Shownu was alarmed instantly. He grabbed the guy's hoodie and pulled him backwards. They soon turned their heads at the two. 

"O-oppa... "

"In guk..? What are you doing?" 

Busted Seo InGuk. He never had the chance to surprise her little sister. Whenever he attempts, he's always caught. Their father were not the same but their treatment with each other didn't differ at all from what normal siblings had. Mrs. Seo remarried after Minmi's father died and Minmi didn't object at all. Whatever that makes her mom happy, she'll go for it. 

"Ah.. Gwaenchana Shownu-ssi. He means no harm." Minmi smiled. Shownu then quickly released him. 

"Aigoo. You're always a loser oppa when it comes to surprises." Minmi laughed.

When she noticed that her friends were giving her a who-is-he look, she knew it right away. She cleared and stood beside InGuk. 

"Ah.. Guys, this is Seo In Guk. My older brother." She introduced him smilingly. 

InGuk bowed in return and smiled. They were surprised especially Shownu who were now embarrassed at what he had done to him. He couldn't even look him in the eye now. When InGuk laid his eyes on Shownu, a smile escaped his lips. 

"You have a very protective chingu right here." InGuk said. Shownu looked down even more, still embarrassed. He mentally scolded himself for doing that though.

"Ah.. N-ne." Minmi replied. "Kaja.. Let's go inside now." She added, saving Shownu with the current atmosphere he's in. 

As soon as they entered, they all sat at the living room. Minmi put down her bag on the table and helped her eomma and oppa preparing at the dining table. Their house was quite big. It has three master bedrooms and two guestrooms. 

"Oh.. Waa. Noona was really pretty even back then." Minhyuk pointed at a picture with a young Minmi dressed in gown. 

"Ye. That's right. Eo? Jamkanmanyo... Igeo uniform?" Hyungwon tapped his chin as he looked at another picture. 

"That's.. Saewon University." Wonho blurted out. 

"Oh right. So noona is from Saewoon University! So as... " 

Minhyuk, Hyungwon and Wonho turned their heads at Kihyun's direction.

"Mwoh?" He asked them curiously. The three rushed to Kihyun's side and bombarded him with questions. 

"Aish. You punk. Why you didn't tell us you're schoolmates with Minmi noona?!" Minhyuk spatted. 

"Eo? You didn't know? I thought you guys were childhood friends. Minmi was even our classmate." Eunji revealed. 

"Mwoh?!"

"Wae~?" Kihyun raised an eyebrow at them. 

"Aish.. Waeyo? You should've let us meet Minmi noona." Hyungwon pouted. 

"Aigoo. No need." He teased them back, letting out a chuckle. 

The three sulked at him and rolled their eyes. 

 

Meanwhile at the kitchen... InGuk elbowed his dongsaeng and nodded at her.

"Friends?" He asked, looking at Eunji and the guys in the living room. 

"Ne oppa." She beamed. 

"Hmm. I see." 

In a moment, he elbowed her again and nodded his head to Shownu. 

"Chingu?"

"Y-ye oppa." Minmi replied, raising an eyebrow at him. "Wae oppa?" 

"Namja...chingu?" He asked again, grinning. 

"A-ani oppa~ Why you're thinking like that?"

"My instinct told me.." He laughed while Minmi elbowed him in revenge. 

"Ey brother-in-law! Brother-"

Soon, the words came out by InGuk's mouth were muffled ones. Minmi covered her brother's mouth as he struggled to shout out to Shownu. 

"Eh?! Oppa?! Hajima!!"

He was about to yell again when she shot him a glare already. He grinned at her dongsaeng who's face was now reddened. 

"Aigoo. Just tell me if he will make you cry one day. Arasseo?" 

He patted her head and smiled. Minmi puffed her cheeks at what he said. Her and Shownu? Ha. NEVER. Even in anyone's dream.

 

"Come on kids!"

"Time to eat." 

Mrs. Seo and Minmi invited them for dinner once again. And since it's still Christmas, lots of food were placed on the dining table. All of them were excited to eat again especially it's Mrs. Seo's recipes this time. When they started eating, they were amazed at how Mrs. Seo made them so delicious. Some of it were Italian cuisines which surprised them. 

"WAAAH! Every time I take a bite of this pizza, it feels like I'm in heaven..." Minhyuk spazzed. 

"Me too!" 

Wonho raised his hand like a grade schooler which made them laughed. But later, everyone nodded in agreement.

"No wonder, my bestfriend here was also a good cook!" Eunji beamed. 

Minmi, who's beside her, waved her hands, disagreeing at her bestfriend's comment. However, her friends all disagreed at Minmi and favored Eunji, except for one who remained silent. InGuk noticed this right away and smiled. 

 

After the happy dinner, Minmi gave her presents to her mom and brother. She also told them they had to go back tonight since they have to resume working tomorrow. Although Mrs. Seo insisted to spend their night at the house, they have still to go. Thus, Minmi and her friends readied themselves for a long trip. She hugged Mrs. Seo and Inguk once again and said her goodbyes. Shownu was the last person to enter the car and Mrs. Seo couldn't hide her curiosity at him. The moment she saw him, she had this feeling that she had seen him before already. 

"InGuk ah.. I'm just wondering." She said while watching the car drove away. 

"Hmm? What is it eomma?"

"The guy with the small eyes... The one who pulled your sweater earlier... What's his name again?"

"Shownu eomma.. Wae?"

"His face looks familiar..." She tapped her chin. 

InGuk didn't reply but only smiled while looking distantly.

'I knew this day would come.' He thought. 

 

On their way back, Shownu volunteered to drive this time. Eunji and the guys were seated at the back while Minmi on the front seat. The roadsides were snowy and the night was too cold now. Minmi took a glimpse of her friends at the back and what she saw didn't surprise her anymore. They were all fast asleep. Since the two of them were the only ones left awake, she decided to turn on the radio to lessen the awkward situation between them.

"Annyeong listeners! 1 hour left before Christmas finally ends tonight. Wanna greet the people you missed today? Send in your greetings now and we'll greet them on air."

After hearing it, Minmi thought playfully and slowly took her phone out. She quickly typed and sent it in. She smiled triumphantly since Shownu was keeping his eye on the road seriously. 

"The next greeting comes from a sender named 'ahjumma'. She says: Cute eyed ahjussi ah, Merry Christmaseu! I'm sorry I didn't greet you personally and it was kinda late already. I'm too scared to be thrown in a deserted island. Thanks also for the gift. Annyeong!"

Minmi looked down and bit her bottom lip. She's worried with his reaction now. 

"Uh? Who would throw that ahjumma on a deserted island?" He smiled as he turned his head at her. 

"That would be rude... Also, that ahjussi must be happy right now. Finally greeted. Better late than never."

"Ah.. G-gurae. If that ahjumma will be thrown, that ahjussi will be dead to me." She said, coolly. 

He smiled more as he continued driving calmly. Shownu was really surprised. Christmas day was about to end and he waited for her to greet him at least. She didn't even talk about the kiss last night. He even thought, maybe it was nothing to her. But tonight, his heart was screaming happily. Just enough for him to end his Christmas. On the other hand, a smile finally crept to Minmi's lips. She stared at the smiling side view of Shownu that radiates even more. Now she's contented at the result. That wasn't a bad move. She sighed, finally relieved as she looked at the window. 

"Now go to sleep. We'll still have work tomorrow ahjumma." He said as he stretched out his right hand and suddenly lowered Minmi's beanie. It covered her eyes now and she smiled. 

"Arasseo, ahjussi."

She sat comfortably and leaned her head to the side. Soon, she dozed off at the middle of the trip. 

 

At a stopover near Seoul, Wonho, Hyungwon and Minhyuk decided to go separate ways with them. Their houses were on the the other way around so they bid their goodbyes earlier. Thirty minutes passed midnight and soon the three arrived at Minmi's house. Kihyun and Eunji were back to sleep as well as Minmi. Shownu turned off the engine and paused for a while. He stared at Minmi who's sound asleep beside her and noticed that she still have that beanie in a way he lowered it. He smiled and gently fixed it in the right way. There he found himself staring at her face again. Her eyebrows, nose line and down to her plum lips. The lips he finally owned on a Christmas eve. He slowly got closer and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. He smiled sweetly as he got back to his seat and stretched his arms after a long drive.

"We're here.." He said as he made the car honking. 

Kihyun and Eunji stirred from their sleep. Minmi, on the other hand, was alarmed too all of a sudden. 

"Omo! Where's that ahjussi, ahjumma?! I'm gonna kick his for you..." She raised her fists as if she had a fight. 

Shownu was dumbfounded as he looked at her. She soon turned her head and met eyes with Shownu who had his eyebrows raised already. She slowly lowered her fists and scratched her head. 

"Eheh... Nightmare. I-I mean. Just a d-dream." She grinned. 

Shownu just shrugged and got out of the car. Minmi facepalmed at what she did. Did she dream again? 'Aigoo. Must get rid of this habit when I'm dreaming.' She mentally scolded herself. 

Soon, the four were out of the car and the guys bid their goodbyes. 

"Thanks Mimi ah! We really had fun!" Kihyun said happily. 

"Ye. Me too. Kamsahamnida guys!" She bowed at them. 

They were about to enter their apartment when Shownu suddenly spoke. 

"Wait a second." 

He walked closer to Minmi and whispered something which left Kihyun and Eunji very curious. 

"Annyeong." He waved at them and smiled. 

Kihyun followed him and soon walked off, leaving the two. Guess Minmi should start going to Kung Fu classes now. HA. She pouted at the thought of it. 

 

"Might as well learn Kung Fu so you could win over that ahjussi. " He smirked as he whispered. 

___________________________________________________

new up!^^

Thanks for the wonderful comments and new subbies! Love you all <3

 

Btw. Let's support our Monsta boys in Idolic TV! 

 Ashjfkflghhdjkl. Shownu bb 😍~dies ㅋㅋ