Chapter 30. Confused Heart

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Tao entered the SBS building with a heavy feeling. His already panda eyes showed like he didn't want to go to work either. However, on his today's schedule, a board meeting was on the list between SBS and another company. SBS was working with a project wherein they needed a new location to start with. The new condominium would be lent to them depending on the owner's decision. Tao checked his watch while on his way going to the conference room and it's already 11 o'clock in the morning. He slowly turned the knob and entered the room, earning all eyes to land on him. He sat beside Hyeri who looked at him worried. He forced a smile at her and glanced at the guest's seat. Good thing he's not around yet or else the meeting had started already without him. The door suddenly opened and a young man entered together with his assistant. The board of directors stood up to welcome him and they're very surprised of who it was, most especially Tao and Hyeri. The two were the last ones to stand up and greet him. Hyeri glanced at Tao who looked like dark clouds were covering his face. At this time, she thought of discussing the matter about him and Minmi later. However, she didn't want to ruin their friendship either so she could stay silent just for Tao and be more understanding. She's giving him more time. 

"Glad you granted our invitation, Mr. Son. It'll be a pleasant working with you in the future." Hyeri, as the CEO of SBS, officially welcomed him. 

"Ne. Kamsahamnida." Shownu smiled and bowed to everyone in return. 

They all seated and happy to meet the KBS CEO except for one. 

"We aren't mistaken of who we dealt with, right Mr. Son?" Mr. Kim, one of the SBS directors, asked. "A CEO with great investments."

They were still surprised since the CEO of one of their major rival in broadcasting systems in Korea was the owner of the condominium they wanted to rent. 

"Gurae..Mr. Kim. Having condominiums and hotels are very good investments." Shownu smiled. "If I may ask, can I take a look at the proposal then?" 

Hyeri handed him a folder and smiled while Tao just stayed silent beside her. He scanned it and he found no faulty intentions on renting the said condominium. He signed it immediately and the directors were happy at his final decision. It brought out no sweat from them. 

"All done. Thank you as well. Good luck on your new project." He beamed and stood up. 

"Thank you Mr. Son!" 

"Surely, we'll take good care of your property."

The board of directors and Hyeri shook hands and happily thanked him as they exited the room. When Shownu turned to Tao, he just walked pass him.

"Ah..Mian..oppa- I mean, Mr. Son." Hyeri noticed this and apologized in behalf. "He's just not feeling well today."

"Gurae.. Gwaenchanha.." He smiled and left the room as well.

 

"Omo. He's really here!"

"He's so good looking in person! Gosh!"

"Ms. Shin's so lucky to have him!"

"And they look good together! I ship them!"

SBS staffs spazzed when Shownu walked along the hallway of the building. His secretary, Mr. Park, couldn't help but smile at what he heard from the girl employees. He even tried to catch a glimpse of his CEO's face, yet he showed no reaction to it. They stopped at one corner and Shownu took out his phone.

"Aish..wae she's not answering her phone?!" 

He dialled it for the third time and still no answer. He was about to go mad but as he turned around, Mr. Park was still there.

"Mr. Park, you can go first at the car. I'll follow you afterwards."

"Ne. Sajangnim." Mr. Park smiled widely. 

Shownu went to the room he used to work. As he passed by, other lady staffs were also fangirling at him. It was even more ignited when they already knew who he was after in that room. They squealed as he entered the room.

"Omo." Eunji gasped as she saw Shownu. 

"Eo? Hyung! What are you doing here?" Kihyun asked. 

Shownu scanned the room and there he saw Minmi with earphones on while reading a book. He bowed as a quick greeting to everyone and quickly made his way to Minmi's table. He unplugged the earphones in her and she was shocked at the sudden act. 

"Aigoo..Mwoyaaaah~!!!" 

She snapped her head up and was about to go mad, yet when she saw who it was, she turned 180° and got shy. She's very surprised since it's work days and he was there. Since it's break time, her officemates exited the room one by one. They're all smiles at the two. Even Eunji, Kihyun, and Gunhee left them grinning. She gave her friends a 'please-don't-leave-me' look but they didn't buy it. Kihyun just tapped his Shownu hyung's back, wishing him good luck, while Eunji waved at Minmi teasingly. 

"They'll gonna be dead once I get out of here." She puffed her cheeks. 

When the room was cleared, Shownu put his hands on her table and bent down, leaning closer.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?"

"Eo? Did you call?" 

She picked up her phone and saw 11 missed calls. She put her phone back to its place and looked down. She had to think of a way. 

"I was b-busy. Plus, it's an unknown number. I thought it's only for a scam.. So.. "

"Looks like it." He smirked, flashing her his name in her contacts.  'Cutie Ahjussi *ㅅ*' 

She was shocked how fast did her phone get into Shownu's hands. 

"A-ani. It's not you. Are you sure it's yours? Wae? You're not cute either." 

"Arasseo. Then come with me." 

He held her hand and lead her outside the room. The hallway was filled with fangirls and fanboys once again awed by the scene of Minmi and Shownu walking together hand in hand. 

"Where are we going?" She asked. 

"It's lunch break cutie ahjumma. Plus, I'm hungry." He replied with a serious face, causing Minmi to burst out in laughter. They paused for a while as he quirked his eyebrows at her. 

"Aigoo. My ahjussi turned into a baby. HA." She laughed even more. 

"Y-yah.. What did you just say?"

"Ah..eobseo." She cleared and motioned like zipping shut. She slowly started to walk, escaping the already scary Shownu in front of her. When she knew she's few meters away from him, she quickened her pace and she let out a laugh again. Shownu passed by her when he caught up with her. He's upset again. 

"Aniyo. That won't work already." 

She teased as she ran to him and held his hand smilingly. This time, she was the one holding the one she loves. This time, she's sure of who it was. Shownu smiled widely and gently held her hand tighter in return as they entered a steak restaurant nearby. 

 

His heart was breaking into pieces again watching them happy together. He leaned back at the wall and closed his eyes. Tao knew this was wrong. He shouldn't be affected by Shownu and Minmi since he had Hyeri already. But why his heart tells him the other way? He followed them secretly and he saw them enjoying their food. Memories of her and Minmi eating together during lunch time flashed back. He totally missed those days. 

 

Shownu walked back Minmi to the company after finishing their lunch.

"Gumawo..." Minmi smiled as they walked side by side. 

He smiled in return. They stopped in front of the building and Mr. Park was already on the way. 

"Be sure to pick up my calls later. Arasseo?" Shownu warned. 

"Ne. Arasseo~ oppa." She smiled. 

"What did you just say?"

"Huh.. Eo-obseo.." She cleared , trying to escape. But she didn't know that Shownu just wanted to confirm it again. His ears got happy upon hearing it a while ago.

"Gurae." He smiled as he entered his car and soon left. 

Minmi was all smiling when her excited friends suddenly popped up beside her. 

"Yieeeeeee! Noona is in love!" Gunhee shouted, alarming Minmi to stop him. 

"Ne~ I told you Mimi ah!" Eunji winked at her. 

"I'm speechless. From enemy to lovebirds. Hyung is so unpredictable." Kihyun teased. "We're happy for you Mimi ah!" 

"Chukkahae!" The three added in unison. 

"Aigoo..Gumawo chingus.. " 

Minmi was happy at her friends' approval of Shownu for her. Soon, the three started to enter the building and followed by Minmi behind. Some thoughts were running on her mind. Truthfully, she didn't formally answer yet Shownu's confession last time. But all she knows, she's happy right now more than ever before. 

 

The chattering sounds and noisy drunk people around didn't bother Tao and Xiumin. They kept drinking at one corner for almost 5 hours now. Xiumin was worried at his friend. He never seen him drink like this before. 

"Let's go home now. You're already drunk." Xiumin grabbed the last bottle his drinking but he snatched it back from him. 

"You know what's really weird hyung? Is that... Why I didn't figure out earlier who this thing really wants?" He said slurry, pointing to his chest. 

"It hurts hyung... It really hurts down here seeing her happy with someone."

"Wae..did Hyeri cheated on you?"

He shooked his head and drank some more. 

"Then why you're acting like this? I thought Hyeri was the one you like." Xiumin asked curiously. 

"Mimi ah.." He replied as tears escaped his eyes. 

"When articles of her and Shownu were everywhere, I couldn't breathe hyung. It kills me."

Xiumin felt pity for his friend, seeing him very heartbroken. Tao has never been a crybaby, but tonight, he saw his soft side of him. Tao dropped the bottle in his hand and Xiumin held his shoulder for support. He passed out already. Xiumin held Tao's arm and wrapped it around his neck as he helped him walk if possible to get them out of the bar. Luckily, Tao wasn't that heavy so he managed to get him into the car. Soon, he drove the car to his home. 

 

_______________________________________________

 

Hello 👋 ^^

How's everyone doing?