Chapter 07. Payback Time

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Beep.

Minmi hurriedly picked up her phone to see who it was.

- Tao oppa ♡ -

'Mimi ah! Are you busy today?'

- Minmi -

'Aniyo.. Why oppa? :)'

- Tao oppa ♡ -

'I've got two free movie tickets. Wanna watch? 

- Minmi - 

'Hmm. Ne oppa. Thanks for inviting!'

- Tao oppa ♡ -

'Yey! Thanks Mimi. I'll be there in a minute. Bye! ='D

- Minmi -

'Okay oppa. See you ^_^ '

But the truth was that the moment Tao invited her, she's already screaming inside like a fangirl. It's been a while since they watched a movie together. She danced like a kid when she got up on bed and immediately got herself ready.  She chose a blue and white knee length dress with a minimal flower print. When she looked at the mirror, she realized how ladylike she looks. Since Tao was gone after middle school, she didn't take time anymore to appear that very girly. She heard Eunji calling her because of a visitor. Her smile grew wider. She knew it already. 

"All set?"

A smiling Tao welcomed her in a casual look but handsome enough to make her blushing madly right now. 

"Ne oppa."

She smiled as she linked her arm to his readily offered arm. Eunji waved at them and whispered 'good luck' to Minmi as they exited the apartment.

When they arrived at the cinema, they queued up excitedly. Tao was grinning mischievously at Minmi which caught by the latter and eyed him. 

"Did I forgot something today?"

"What is it oppa?"

"You look beautiful..."

He said shyly, not looking at her. Minmi looked at him smilingly but later looked down to hide her blushed cheeks. He looked at her this time and smiled at her cute reaction. 

"Just kidding."

He let out a laugh, causing Minmi to punch him in the chest. 

"No. For real, you're beautiful... Always be my beautiful girlfriend."

He smiled at her. Her heart jumped happily at the moment, but the last word he said somehow pierced it. She didn't further question it for she knew that it might hurt her more. She ignored it right away and pretended she didn't hear it. 'Thank you oppa' were the only words that escaped her lips and she smiled. 'As long as they're happy today.' She thought. 

The movie soon started. They're enjoying it so much  since they were both fan of the Avengers series. But at some time,  Minmi couldn't help herself but to admire at Tao when he's seriously watching. His beautiful eyes were glistening when the movie lights are switching. He also had this childlike laugh, one of the things she had fallen for him. 

 

"Did you enjoy the movie?"

"Ne oppa. This much!"

She stopped eating and spread her arms as wide as she could. Tao laughed at her cute actions, causing her to look at the surroundings. She's slightly embarrassed and Tao sensed it somehow. 

"Don't be. You're cute." He assured her.

She smiled and somehow relieved. After their dinner at the fancy restaurant, the two went home. It was Tao's turn to treat Minmi a ride this time. The ride home was full of laughter. They reminisced about their past times together. Starting from Tao fetching her at home before going to school and on going back home to Tao keeping her company wherever she goes. They were really inseparable that time. Their conversation came to an end when Tao parked his car in front of Minmi's apartment. He came out first and opened the car for her. She stepped out and finally bid her goodbye. 

"Thank you for today oppa." She smiled and waved at Tao who's leaning at his car now. 

"Always for my Mimi ah." 

He waved and she later entered their apartment. 'Same old happy times' She muttered smilingly while leaning at the door, calming her now racing heartbeat. 

 

___________________________________________________

 

TaoMi's moments