Chapter 14. Urgent

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The next day, the two decided to head back to the hotel. Minmi bid a heartfelt goodbye to halmeoni and harabeoji. She will surely miss them. Her memories with them will be treasured forever plus her stay with them also helped her understand more about elders. Although they also received benefits from the elderly pensioners system, she realized that their old age life seemed more meaningful and happy outside the institutions. They enjoy living their life more with their families like halmeoni and harabeoji. A learning she will definitely impart with the viewers. They called the chauffeur to fetch them. 

On their way back, Shownu's phone rang all of a sudden. 

"Yeoboseyo? De. Arasseo. We'll get back then."

He hung up his phone and Minmi turned her head to him. 

"We'll be going back to Seoul today. Kihyun called. The  project will be postponed."

"J-jjinja? Arasseo." 

She said shortly but questions were running in her head. Did the department head change his mind? Or did something happened? She had to talk to her sunbae Xiumin about this. She got sad after hearing  the news. 

The way back to Seoul was silent. Shownu noticed Minmi being gloomy all throughout the trip. Maybe the project really means a lot to her, he thought. They parted ways as soon as they reached Seoul. 

"Kamsahamnida." She bowed at him. Without waiting for him to reply, she walked first heading back to their apartment. He just looked at her apologetically and headed home as well. 

When Minmi arrived at the apartment, she took a rest for a while and soon unpacked her things she brought while on Wonju. She sighed as she thought about the project. Her thoughts got cut when she received a call from Tao. When she looked at the caller ID, did she really forgot Tao when she's at Wonju? She missed him all of sudden.

"Yeoboseyo oppa?" She hurriedly picked it up. 

"De. Mimi ah! I miss you.."

"Mianhae oppa. I didn't call you for awhile. Geunde nado.. Miss you too oppa." She smiled widely, only to make her cut on the corner of her lips to cringe a bit. 

"Ouch."

"Mwoh? What happened there? Gwaenchana?" He panicked. 

"Nothing oppa."

"Ah. Alright. Mimi, just wanna tell you the reason why the project you're working was postponed. I told Xiumin hyung that I'll be the one to tell you."

"Ah wae oppa?"

"Our VP has been dying to see you."

Minmi paused for a while and analyzed what he said. When it hit her, he's the VP though. 

"Aigoo oppa~ you're joking me.." She giggled. 

"Ani. Let's meet up at the cafe we usually go, near the park, remember?" He chuckled. 

"Alright oppa. See you then in a bit." She smiled and hung up. 

 

How she couldn't remember that cafe near the park? It's always been the place she goes to whenever she's sad and Tao had always been there for her. She got herself ready and when she checked her bruise, it's already healed but not yet the cut on her lips. She put on a light make up and happily headed to the park. Somehow, she forgot about the sadness she felt because of the project's postponement. 

 

She arrived at the cafe and she could already see Tao's back. Did he really missed her that bad? It's late in the afternoon and still working hours. Shownu and Minmi had only the exception not to report for work today. Nevertheless, whatever his reasons, she's happy since she felt like a long time again not seeing him. She sat slowly and a wide smiled Tao welcomed her. "Mimi! You're really back." He eagerly said. 

"Aigoo oppa.. It's just three days that I was away though." She laughed. 

"But it's just the same. I still miss you a lot." He smiled. She blushed smilingly and looked down.

"By the way oppa, what is it that you want to tell me?"

"Hmm. A good news and a bad one as well...CEO-nim was diagnosed with a cancer and lately the doctor said that he'll only live two months from now."

"Awh. That must be painful to Mr. President's family."

"De. But..the good news is..the project you've been working was not really cancelled. You'll continue it next month when the board of directors were already stable in terms of the company's position of who will replaced CEO-nim."

"Ah.. Arasseo oppa. Now I know the reason why." She beamed. "But I'm really sorry for what happened to our CEO."

"Ne. Me too." Tao replied. 

Minmi was relieved after hearing the news about the project. She took a sip of her Frappuccino. 

"Wait. Stay still... "

Tao blurted out and stood up. He bent down and drew his face near her, causing her eye sockets to bulge out. But his very next move surprised her the most. He pecked the corner of her lower lip lightly. She froze in her seat, unable to think properly. She swore her face heated up to the highest level because of what he just did. He just smiled widely again at her. 

"There, all healed. What happened to it? Does it still hurts?" Tao noticed her small cut in the lip which made him really worried. She didn't utter a word and hid her face immediately. 

"I've got the magic kiss. Don't worry it will soon get better." He proudly said and smiled. "From now on, I'll be always on your side to protect you Mimi."

"A-h. D-de oppa. G-gumawo." She stuttered. 

Once they're done drinking their Frappes, she bid him goodbye and he headed back to the office while Minmi went home. It's already 6pm when Minmi walked back home. The park was just a walking distance anyway. While walking, her thoughts were still wandering because of what happened a while ago. Though it was not totally a kiss, her poor heart was still squealing inside. As soon as she arrived home, a very excited Eunji bombarded her with many questions. She told that the trip to Wonju was good as well especially with halmeoni and harabeoji. While she's sharing stories, she made her way to the bathroom to take a shower but there's no water coming out. She also tried to wash her hand in the kitchen's sink yet the water was flowing regularly. 

"Jiji-ah, did you try to shower already? 

"Nope, why Mimi?"

"There's no water coming out. Aigoo..." 

She pouted. But something popped in their minds at the same time.

"Mrs. Son." 

They said in unison smilingly. But Minmi's still worried whether it will be fix immediately since it's already late. However, they're still hoping since they have to go to work early tomorrow. She dialled Mrs. Son's number and luckily she picked it up. 

"Oh. jinjja? Arasseo sweeties. We'll be there in a moment." Mrs. Son beamed on the other side of the phone. 

"Mianhae Mrs. Son for the burden."

"No. It's ok my dear."

"Jeongmal kamsahamnida Mrs. Son. Take care."

"De. Thank you dear."

The two was relieved and ate their dinner. While eating, Eunji asked Minmi to share some more of her experience in Wonju. 

"How did it go with Shownu-ssi?

Her cheeks reddened all of a sudden. 

"Wae? Something happened, isn't it? Mimi-ah!! Her bestfriend nagged. 

"Eo? Nothing happened Jiji ah. Yakseok."

"I don't believe you. Then why you're blushing then?" She grinned and mehrong at her. 

Suddenly, their talk was interrupted by a knock which they assumed as Mrs. Son. 

"Good evening ladies." Mrs. Son greeted the two. 

"Good evening Mrs. Son." The two smiled. 

"Are you with the plumber Mrs. Son? Minmi asked. 

"Ah ani. Mr. Hwan couldn't make it at this time. But I'm with.. wait, where's that kid?"

Mrs. Son looked behind her and searched around but he's nowhere. Just as she entered the apartment, a guy catching his breath popped out of the door. 

"Eomma..."

Shownu halted in his tracks as Eunji and Minmi's jaw dropped. 

"Eomma?" 

Minmi murmured yet clear enough to be caught by Mrs. Son's ears. 

"Ne. He's my son. Have you met each other before? 

"Ah, eomma. I think I left something-"

"Nah ah uh. What did you tell me earlier?" Mrs. Son knew her son already and slowly pulled him to enter the apartment. "You told me that you'll going to help me, right?" 

Shownu couldn't do anything when it comes to her mother. He looked down as he was holding the tool box. 

"How did you meet guys anyway?"

"We're officemates Mrs. Son." Eunji beamed. 

"I see. I'm glad you guys know each other already. Alright Shownu ah, follow Mimi and fix it right away."

He obliged and they headed to the bathroom while Eunji and Mrs. Son stayed at the living room. They giggled as they excitedly share stories. Eunji already knew Mrs. Son's plan that she wanted Minmi to meet her son but she didn't know her son was Shownu. Although she didn't want Shownu too at first, now she's more relieved since he was Mrs. Son's son. Her curiosity grew more when she remembered Minmi blushed a while ago when she asked about Shownu. But she couldn't tell Minmi's secret about Tao to Mrs. Son. Whoever wins her best friend's heart, then she'll happy to support them no matter what. 

"Yeogi." Minmi pointed at the faucet on the bathroom as well as the shower. 

Shownu bent down and checked under the sink. He found out that the connector between the faucet's pipe and the main water pipe was loosened and worn out. It's good that Shownu had brought some extra connector. Minmi stepped on the side and observed Shownu fixing it. With his black sleeveless muscle tee on, how could she resist looking at his good biceps on those y broad shoulders? She hurriedly shook her thoughts away. 

"Hajima." Her tongue slipped causing Shownu to pause what his doing. 

"Ah, m-mianhe. It's not you. Continue fixing." She sheepishly smiled. She mentally scolded herself right away. 

Shownu focused on fixing it. But in fact, he's also nervous whether he could fix it or not. With a seriously watching Minmi on his back too, this put a lot of pressure to him. He only offered this help because he didn't want her eomma to go out on her own at this hour. He rotated completely the connector but only to be welcomed with a gushing water out of the pipe directed to him. He closed his eyes and stood up immediately. Minmi covered . She was also surprised. He's muscle tee was wet already. 

"Omo. Hold on... I'll go, get some shirt for you to change. Mianhae." 

She bowed and turned her back to him. This gave him a chance to remove his now soaked tee. But the last step of Minmi out of the bathroom caused him a dilemma. She suddenly slipped and as a reflex, he caught her in his arms securely. 

"Omo!" 

She seemed to have a heart attack because of it. Yet, her eyes trailed at the arms wrapped around her up to his body and her eyes widened the moment she saw it. They both straightened their selves and looked away at each other. Good heavens.. What did just happen?!  She turned her back to him and stepped out of the bathroom fully. 

"J-jeosonghamnida." She said hurriedly as she ran upstairs, keeping her hands on her cheeks. She had gone crimson red again. Aigoo. Thanks to him. On the other hand, Shownu rubbed the back of his neck while contemplating of what he just did. He looked at his shirtless body and let out a sheepish smile. 

"I might have scared her."

He stepped on the shower area and closed the curtain. 

Meanwhile, Minmi calmed herself as soon as she arrived in her room. Her heart was beating fast so she breathed in and out three times but it doesn't help a bit. Aigoo. She just distracted herself now by searching for a shirt for him to change and pretend nothing had happened. 

"Ah Minmi, are you okay?"

 Mrs. Son curiously asked as she caught her passing by with a jersey covering her face. 

"Ah n-ne Mrs. Son. I'm okay. Hehe. " 

She replied while backfacing them. She bowed and continue walking to the bathroom. The two tilted their heads, curious of what's happening but soon continued to chat. She entered the bathroom with her hand covering her eyes.

"Eodiseo?"

She asked cautiously while Shownu stuck out his head on the curtain. 

"Here." He replied. 

She struggled to hand over the jersey and he let out a chuckle when he saw her covering her eyes too. 

"Curtains are now on. You can peep now." 

He smirked at her while his head still sticking out. She slowly removed her hand and puffed her cheeks. She threw the jersey to his face and immediately left him. He smiled triumphantly. 

Soon, she joined Mrs. Son and Eunji at the living room. They're both giving her a 'what-happened-to-what-they're-doing' look. 

"Ah he's almost done." She beamed and assured them.

 

Half an hour passed and Shownu finally walked into the living room, signalling that it's fixed already. The two ladies bid their goodbye and thanks to them as they already refused to eat the snacks offered. Mrs. Son told them that they should be going since it late night already. Minmi and Eunji bowed again and waved at them. However, Minmi couldn't still look directly at Shownu at that moment. 

On their way home, Mrs. Son noticed something strange to his son. 

"What happened to your shirt dear?"

 Mrs. Son asked as she looked at the jersey he's wearing. It's the jersey Minmi held a while ago. 

"It got wet eomma." He replied, looking the other way. 

"Hmm. I see." 

She squinted her eyes on him, trying to catch a glimpse of his face but she didn't succeeded. Nevertheless, she's happy for tonight. She could call it fate since her long time wish came true. It's been a long time she wanted to take Shownu with her when visiting the apartment rentals for him to meet Minmi. But the he always refuse to come with her. And it just happened sooner that she expected. When Shownu could see that her mother wasn't checking him already, he looked down on the jersey and a smile crept up to his face. Only he didn't know, nothing could escape his mother's keen eyes. 

 

___________________________________________

/Yay/ new update!!! Late though. Mian guys~

I was just busy lately with our bb's birthday party. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

Saengil chukkahamnida Shownu oppa! May your wishes come true as you go a long way with Monsta X. Fighting Leader-nim! ❤  06.18.15

Bday boy~

~ sends mini hearts to you all ;)