Chapter 26. Watching Over You

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Every people who passed by Minmi and Eunji kept staring at them. They couldn't resist turning their heads at the two lovely ladies. Minmi's hair was dyed chocolate brown and slightly wavy while Eunji's hair was blonde and straight. The two smiled whenever someone greets them in the way. They felt satisfied at the outcome. 

"Omo. Omo." Kihyun and Gunhee's jaw dropped at the sight of the two when they entered their office. 

"See. I told ya." Minmi elbowed Eunji, teasing her. Eunji's cheeks got red in return. 

"Mimi noona was so pretty..." Gun muttered. 

"Ne... Eunji too." Kihyun blurted out, causing Gun to turn his head to him. He laughed at Kihyun's reaction. He was blushing real hard. 

"Hyung... Close it. Or else, a fly might come in." Gun laughed, making Kihyun sulked at him. 

"Annyeong!" The two girls greeted. 

"Annyeong! Welcome back Mimi! We missed you." Kihyun replied. 

"I miss you too guys." She beamed. 

"Also.. What did you guys eat? Being all pretty all of a sudden?" He joked, causing the girls to punch him in the stomach playfully. 

"Aigoo. We're pretty already ever since we were born." Eunji said confidently and laughed. 

"Gurae." Minmi added.

The room filled with laughter like the old times. They later started working with good vibes. Hours passed and it's already lunch time. Minmi stared at her phone for a while and still no texts or calls from him. Eunji called her and Minmi left her phone on top of the table. Her phone's screen light was still on with Shownu's number on it. 

 

He picked up the phone and held it near his ear. It was the call which he was afraid of. Creases formed on his forehead and he closed his eyes. 

''Hyung, Abeoji really needs you at the moment. You're the only one who can help us. Jebal.. Stay with us.''

The other line started to speak. Shownu didn't utter a word. It will be the biggest decision he'll make in his life. With his mom only on his side, he grew up peacefully. He didn't bear any grudges towards his father who left them. His younger brother was on his father's side, yet they meet up once in a while secretly. His father didn't remarry as well as her mother. A thing he was thankful of, for her mother's feelings. He put down his phone and stood up. He went out of the apartment and put on his hoodie. He had to clear his mind somewhere.

 

"Mimi ah!" Tao rushed on her side and hugged her all of a sudden. 

"I'm glad you're back..." He beamed. 

Tao and Hyeri came back from a 3-day business trip in Japan. Tao was searching for Minmi the moment he arrived in Korea. He went back to the company even though work hours already ended. He also couldn't find Minmi anymore in his contacts. He was so worried after she bumped into him last time and later filed a 5-day leave.

"I'm okay oppa.. No need to worry." She broke the hug instantly. 

"Others might misunderstand us." 

She added when Tao awkwardly looked at her like she did a unusual thing. 

"Ah ne. Sorry. I was just so happy you're back."

"Thanks then oppa. By the way, we're going home now. Annyeong~" 

Minmi and Eunji bid their goodbyes and Tao was left again standing there. It's wrong for a guy who already have a girl, yet he couldn't help but to notice Minmi's different look. She got even more and more pretty each day. And his heart beat for the first time wildly when he hugged her a while ago. 'That's strange.' He thought. 

 

Finally, two weeks had passed and Minmi was a bit used of Shownu not in her sight anymore. It was hard though, yet what she could was to wait. She agreed to what Eunji said. If they're really meant for each other, then he'll come back. She bent down and fixed her shoelaces. She did some stretchings and breathed in and out heavily. She closed her eyes, savoring again the morning ambiance outside their apartment. She smiled while putting her white cap on and started jogging.

"She tied her shoelaces again in a wrong way."

He muttered, while leaning on a wall in an alley near her apartment. He hid through the walls but enough to see her. He put on his hands on his pockets and walked towards his car. Flashbacks from the day he jogged early in the morning at Wonju and how their faces were so close at that time because of Minmi, came into his mind. He eyed her from head to foot at that time and smirked. A girl who doesn't know how to tie her shoes in a right way. He finds it cute. A smile escaped his lips as he sat down at the car's backseat. The chauffeur looked up at the front mirror and noticed this young man all smiling. The moment he saw this young man started wearing suit and ties, he never saw him smile a single bit. This time, with his black suit on, Mr. Park saw a glint in his eyes and a sweet smile on his lips for the first time. 

"Are we going Sajangnim?" Mr. Park asked. 

Shownu cleared his throat and went back to his serious face. 

"Ah.. Ne." He replied quickly and took out his phone. Mr. Park bowed in return and smiled. 

 

"Eo?" 

Minmi was surprised when a kid suddenly hugged her, more like hugged her thighs since the boy was in his 3-4 years of age. She reached a park with some people wandering around as well. The kid was wearing a helmet and Minmi looked around to see who his parents are but she couldn't figure it out. He held Minmi's hand and pulled her down gently. She then half kneeled to reach the kid's level. She was surprised when the kid suddenly  tiptoed and kissed her forehead. 

"Omo." Minmi gasped. "You stole noona's first kiss on the forehead."

"Because noona is pretty." The kid smiled. 

"Awh.. You're forgiven. What's your name?" She smiled widely. 

"Daehan ah.."

"Owh.. Kyeoptaaa~" She slightly pinched the kid's squishy cheek in return. 

Minmi was surprised for the second time when another kid with helmet who looked like the same age with Daehan, kissed her cheek. 

"Eo? You stole noona's first kiss on the right cheek too." She chuckled. 

"Because noona is cute." He replied. 

"Aigoo.. Gumawo. What's your name? 

"Manse~ "

"Such a cool name Manse ah.." She smiled, patting the kid's head. 

And when Minmi thought it ended already, another kid with same helmet design kissed her again. 

"Third cutie suspect...you stole noona's first kiss on the left cheek. Explain yourself." She teased. 

"Because noona is kind." The kid replied smilingly. 

"Awh.. You cutie! What's your name too?"

"Minguk ah."

"You three are so cute. Daehan.. Manse.. Minguk ah.." Minmi memorized their names one by one and gave the three a warm group hug. 

"Where's your parents?" 

She asked them curiously as she stood up. Finally a man wearing a helmet, with a bicycle, showed up as well and bowed. He greeted politely and smiled. Minmi bowed and smiled in return. 

"Ahjussi.. Are you Daehannie's abeoji?" She asked. 

"Ah Ne.."

"Aigoo.. Where could be Manse and Minguk's parents? She worriedly asked, looking around the area. 

"Actually, I'm their father." The man rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. 

"Eo?! Them? You mean.. Ahjussi.. "

"Ne.. They're triplets agassi." He smiled. 

"Omo. You have adorable triplets ahjussi. They're so cute. You're so lucky." Minmi was so amazed. 

"Gumawo agassi.. Anyway, Mianhae. Did they bother you a lot? Also.. We'll go ahead."

"Ani ahjussi. None at all. They're lovely. I love them." She smiled. 

"I'm glad you like it. It's more like a special delivery though."

"Eh?"

"Ah nothing. We'll see you around agassi. We have to go. Say goodbye to noona now." He beamed. The cutie triplets said their goodbyes and waved at her. 

"Awh.. Annyeong~ Annyeong Daehan, Manse and Minguk ah! Hope to see you again!" 

She waved too and smiled. The father and sons left and Minmi felt so happy meeting them. They were so adorable. She really hoped she'll meet them again soon.

 

"Good job Daehan, Manse and Minguk ah!" Ilkook cheered as he patted the triplets' heads. 

"Ne. Abeoji promised us to buy ice cream after this though." Minguk said. 

"Ice cream juseyo, appa!" Manse added happily.

"Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream!" Daehan excitedly cheered. 

He was soon followed by Manse and Minguk which turned to be an ice cream rally already, throwing their fists in the air. Ilkook facepalmed at the sight. 

 

"Aigoo...I'll make your ahjussi pay for this..." 

 

______________________________________________

 

Omo. Can't help putting the Song triplets in here! I'm in love with these three cuties too! Who's with me? ㅎㅎㅎ

Also Daehan really looks like our Shownu bb! O_o 😍

< ctto for the pics :">

Btw. Kamsa for the subs and upvote! 😘