Chapter 10. Let's Get Started

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

"We're now arriving at Wonju Station. Please be advised. Arriving at Wonju Station."

The train operator announced causing Shownu to stir from his sleep. He moved, picking up his bag which woke up Minmi. She rubbed her eyes, unaware of what's happening. When she heard the operator's announcement, she finally gain herself back and followed him. She was about to pick her backpack when she noticed something strange. She realized Zoro was already in her embrace but she couldn't remember how that happened. She scratched her head, glancing at Shownu who's exiting the train now. Before she could think of anything else, she hurriedly picked up her backpack. 

"Wait for me.. Ahjussi~!"

She caught her breath when she reached him at the stairs.

"Where will we stay?"

She asked once they got out of the station. He didn't reply though. She just followed him until they reached a hotel. 

"Rooms reserved for SBS staffs please." Shownu said to the receptionist as soon as they entered. A puffed cheeky Minmi was alerted when Shownu passed the key to her. Luckily, she caught it with one hand. When he's on his back walking to his room, she stuck her tongue out to him as she proudly stared and smiled at the key in her hand. She was humming while going to her room just opposite to Shownu's. She was glad that they'd stay at separate rooms. She unloaded her things and she thought of calling Tao. 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hi Oppa. I'm already here in Wonju."

"That's good. How's your trip?" A smile formed on Tao's lips knowing she's perfectly fine. She, on the other hand, thought for a second if she's going to tell Tao the truth. He might get worried. 

"I-it's fine oppa. No worries at all."

"Ah I see. Take care always there. Arraseo?"

"Ne oppa. Gumawo. Bye~"

"Ne. Bye."

She hung up the phone and felt much happier now. She's more energized to work for the assigned project later. But her happiness was interrupted when her stomach growled. It was already late noontime. She went out of the room and tiptoed at the hotel's food area. Good thing it's a five star hotel. 'Not bad Xiumin sunbae'. She thought as she bent down while rubbing her tummy and scanned the food choices. The food server smiled at her cute actions. When she raised her head, she saw the food server with all smiles at her. She was a bit shy but the server gestured her it's okay. She happily ordered her meal and was told to wait before it got served. She finally walked to find a seat. Someone caught her eye who seemed very familiar to her. And when she moved closer, her guess was correct. Shownu only glanced at her and continued eating. But she decided to sit opposite to him. She had to get herself accustomed to him in order for them to work well. Her food came in a minute and the two ate silently. 

"Get ready for later."

Shownu said shortly as he stood up after finishing his meal. She tilted her head but later nodded. 

After eating, she went back to her room and set everything ready. She changed also her outfit for filming. Her documentary was focused on the elderly pensioners system at Wonju. She had to do an interview with the elders in the village...something she's excited with. She got her sling bag and got out of the room. The door of the opposite room also opened at the same time, revealing Shownu with all his filming stuffs. 

"I'm ready~" She eye smiled at him. 

"------" was only his response causing her to puff her cheeks for the nth time already. 

They took a ride with the hotel's car which was a part of the package Xiumin booked for them. They sat at the back as the hotel's chauffeur drove them to their destination. 

Soon, they arrived at the Wonju Nursing Center for the elderly. She was amazed at how big it was. They went first at the director's office to get their permission. 

"Nice to meet you Ms. Shin and Mr. Son." 

The director shook hands with them and Minmi smiled back and bowed to the director followed by Shownu. 

"We already expected your visit to our center since we received a mail from your company. May you gather the data that you needed. If you have any concerns, just approached me." The director smiled. 

"Thank you very much sir." Minmi stood up and once again bowed at him. 

"Oh. I almost forgot sir. Can I have an interview with you please?

"Yeah, sure. It's an honor." The director smiled. 

The interview began and Shownu started filming it. She asked questions like how he managed the center and what did the old age pension system contribute to their center as well. When the filming was done, they thanked the director once again.

Their next stop was the elders at the center. The two roamed around and hoping they could spot a cooperative one. They saw a bunch of elders in the recreational area so Minmi quickly took the advantage. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." She greeted them with a smile and a bow. The elders snapped their head at her and some of them were confused while others were smiling back. The nurse in charge gladly greeted them too. Minmi talked to her and asked for her help to tell them what's their purpose of coming there. 

"Alright everyone. Ms. Shin is from SBS Broadcasting Station. She will do a random interview with you. Thank you." The nurse announced. 

Minmi and Shownu started. She interviewed a grandpa who seemed to be at the corner, unaware of the happenings. But later he shared his experience - how elderly pensioners system and the center helped him. She thanked him in return. Her next target was a grandma. However, that grandma was shy so she picked the next grandma beside her. 

"Annyeong halmeoni! How long have you been staying here?"

"I've been here for almost 5 years now. And I like staying here." The jolly halmeoni replied. 

"What can you say about the elders pensioners system that our government has given?"

"It's good. All our needs are given besides we also have the center's care that we need a lot." She smiled at her. But Minmi could see that there's something in her smile. Like there was still a bit of loneliness that could be mirrored through her eyes. 

"Alright. Thank you halmeoni." She beamed.

When they moved on to the next interviewee, the jolly halmeoni tapped Shownu who was about to follow Minmi. 

"Kid, is she your girlfriend?" The halmeoni smiled. 

"A-ani halmeoni. She's not my girlfiend." He replied shyly. 

"Eh? You two looked good together and she's very kind. Don't let her slip away." 

She said as she elbowed him on the sides. He just dryly laughed in response as they watched Minmi approached some elders. When she looked at their direction, Shownu quickly brought up his poker face on. But she caught a glimpse of him before that so she raised her eyebrows to him in return. This was the first time she saw him interact with other people besides Kihyun and sometimes Eunji. However, she just ignored it right away when they started filming again. 

It was already night time when the two finished filming. They happily said their thanks and goodbyes to the staffs and the elders before heading back to the hotel. The ride was quiet until they reached their rooms. Minmi was unlocking her door same as Shownu when she realized she forgot something. 

"Thanks for today."

She beamed after turning around to face him who's on his back, busy opening his room. He just stopped when he heard her and soon entered his room with no words at all. She stood there dumbfounded. 

"Thanks for today Minmi!" She mimicked her own voice and put up a weird face. Because of annoyance, she also raised her two hands copying a tiger like claws as she was still facing his door. 

"Rawr-"

She paused as his door suddenly opened. Shownu picked up his bag which was left on the doorstep. He raised his head up and stared at the weird Minmi. She slowly lowered her hands and pretended to shake the dirt from it.

"Uh...Goodnight!" 

She quickly said as she hurriedly entered her room and closed the door as fast as she could. Shownu just tilted his head and went back to his room again. 

"Phew. That was another close one." She muttered.

____________________________________________________

 

Tiger Mimi~~ ㅋㅋㅋ XD