Chapter 27. Plans and Achievements

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

Time passed quickly and it's already half of the year. Months had passed and Minmi finally used having Gunhee back as her cameraman. Her documentary project about elderly was continued and it received a high rating after it's successful pilot episode. Minmi and her friends were very happy at the outcome, including Tao. Though the latter parts were recorded by Gunhee and the first parts were Shownu's, it still turned out good. 

"Good job Mimi ah!" Tao happily greeted her. He went to her filming set just to personally congratulate her. 

"Gumawo oppa." She bowed and smiled. 

"We're proud of you dongsaeng." Hyeri seconded as she followed Tao after. 

"Thank you Sajangnim. I mean eonni." 

She smiled and suddenly remembered Hyeri said regarding honorific when she's with them. Good thing  Kihyun, Eunji and Gunhee were the only ones with her at the filming set yet. Or else, others might misunderstand and accused her being impolite with the company's heads. The couple soon left and Minmi felt really happy. All the employees in the company were also congratulating her except for Sunhwa who got irritated instead. She glanced behind the camera and she couldn't help but to thank also the person that helped her from the very start. 

"Thank you..." 

She muttered and smiled, thinking of him. 

Eunji elbowed her, causing her to come back to her senses. Eunji squinted her eyes at her and grinned. She already read what's on her bestfriend's mind. She was also happy for her at the same time. 

"Waeyo Jiji ah?"

"Eh? Did you forget already? The Annual South Korea's Broadcasting Awards Night is next week. And I'm happy for you Mimi ah.. You're nominated for the Best News Anchor of the Year and Public Service Awardee category!"

"Omo. Where did you get that news Jiji ah?! You're kidding, aren't you?"

"Ani...That's why our CEO personally greeted you a while ago." Eunji beamed. 

Minmi couldn't believe what she heard. She thought everyone was congratulating her because of the high rating of her documentary. She's more than happy right now. 

"Jiji~ah!" She hugged her and couldn't describe how happy she was. Eunji hugged her in return and patted her back. 

"I'm excited with our dresses next week. I heard Ms. Choi hired well-known designers for us." Eunji slowly broke the hug and held Minmi's hands. 

The two then squealed in excitement. Eunji shared that she and other crews were also nominated for other categories. Eunji for the Best Scriptwriter category for the SBS movie they released earlier this year and Jooheon for the Best Director. Thus, Minmi was also happy for her. It's Eunji's dream ever since to win an award and now it came to reality. Hoping a least since she's nominated. Everyone was invited at the awards night as long as they're part of any broadcasting system in Korea. Therefore, many would attend the said event. 

"Huh. You really think you two can win it?" An irritated Sunhwa and her minions approached the two. 

Eunji and Minmi's happiness was then interrupted and spoiled. There goes this girl again. 

"Ne. More than you could do." Eunji smirked.

She also knew Sunhwa was nominated for the Best Variety Show category. Sunhwa faked a laugh in return and looked at Minmi. 

"Let's see then. Meet you two and your poor dresses next week." She spatted back before walking out. 

Eunji huffed and was about to follow her when Minmi grabbed her hand. 

"Let them, Jiji ah. As you said, they're not the same as our level." Minmi smiled to calm her friend. 

"Gurae. It's her program that's nominated though and not her. Pity her." Eunji laughed. 

Minmi favored her bestfriend of course. That girl always makes them annoyed. Does she knew anything besides it? 

"Kaja.." Minmi dragged Eunji and went home. 

 

"Hi Mrs. Choi.." Sunhwa greeted a woman in her thirties at the parking lot. 

"Hello Ms. Sunhwa. What brought you here?" She beamed. 

"Hmm. I'm just wondering... Did you get our dresses for the awards already?"

"Ne. They're all lovely. I'm sure you all will like it."

"Gurae. But I have one dress made by a famous designer ready. I like to give it to Minmi in a surprise way. That's why I came to you." Sunhwa brought out a paper bag from her car. 

"Eo? That's very kind of you Ms. Sunhwa. I'll take it then. I'm sure Ms. Minmi will love this. Thank you.. I'll go ahead then."

"Ne. Kamsahamnida Mrs. Choi." She bowed and Mrs. Choi also did the same. 

When Mrs. Choi was already out of her sight, her true colors showed again. 

"Gurae.." She rolled her eyes. "She will surely really love it... "

An evil grin was plastered on her face and she turned around, flipping her hair. This time, her plans will surely succeed unlike the past ones. And on an event like this, it will be bigger than a surprise. 

 

Eunji were the one driving home this time. Minmi sat silently on the front seat.

"Is there something bothering you Mimi ah?" She glanced at her. 

"Hmm?" Minmi turned her head at her. "Eobseo... I'm just happy and thankful Jiji ah."

"I see...  By the way, KBS will be the main sponsor for the said event this time." Eunji smiled. 

"Really? That's good. Last year was Arirang." Minmi replied. 

"Ne. It's the first time in history KBS will hold this event. I'm looking forward to it since they're our no.1 rival." Eunji smiled. 

A few minutes passed and the two finally reached home. They couldn't hide their excitement next week. It will be very a big event again in their lives as a part of the broadcasting family. A very great one... 

______________________________________________

Hellooooo dear readers ^^~! I hope you're enjoying the story so far... 😊