Chapter 03. Turn Over, Part Two?

Nice Try Ahjussi

 

The conference finally ended as the CEO thanked everyone and told them to go back to their respective works now. All the employees then exited the conference hall. Before Minmi completely leave the hall, she glanced at Tao who's talking to the CEO but he looked at her way too, causing them to meet eyes. Tao mouthed the 'I'll talk to you later' thing to her. She nodded and smiled right away. 

"Wah...Did you see that?..our new VP is cool. I should start hanging out with him." Kihyun said in nowhere while walking back to their room. When he heard no one responded, he already knew that disgusted look painted on their faces. 

"Ah..you guys aren't fun!" Kihyun laughed. But on the contrary, Minmi was screaming happily too deep inside. 

Soon, the three arrived at their room. The lighting crew and the rest of the news team were placed in the same room. No wonder these three gotten more close with each other. Minmi started scanning her reports when she noticed Gun, one also of the cameramen, was nowhere in sight.

"Where’s Gun, Hyunnie?" Minmi asked. 

"Oh, Gun will be gone for two months. Sorry, he had no time telling you guys. He had his flight last night. Emergency though. Family thing."

Minmi's shoulders dropped when she heard the news. She’s sad somehow for she used to work with him and he's gone for a while. Yet, her mood lighten a bit when Kihyun patted her back. 

"Don't worry Mimi. You have me." Kihyun said smilingly.

“Gross...." She joked causing the latter to laugh. 

“Me plus one. " He winked this time. 

She raised her eyebrows at him. She’s more curious now.

"Aish. . where's that guy? He should be here by now." Kihyun checked his phone uneasily when the door opened suddenly. There revealed a guy who's wearing a black jacket, a white shirt and a... black cap?

 

”I'm sorry Kihyun, I - "

" Y-You? What are you doing here?” 

 

Minmi's mouth opened and couldn't find any more words. It's that guy. She’s sure with it. The guy at the parking lot a while ago. Not to mention his shades are now gone, revealing his well defined facial features and his cap was turned 180°.

"Wait.. you two meet already?" Kihyun eyed the two of them suspiciously. The guy just tilted his head to the side and moved his shoulders up and down, giving them an i-dont-know face or maybe who-cares.

"Alright. Before anything else... Guys!" Kihyun smiled and broke the awkward situation. He said the last part loudly enough to make the team in the room stop working and get closer to them.

"Gun will be gone for a while. Yet, meet Shownu hyung! He'll handle Gun's job for the meantime. Please take care of him." Kihyun introduced the guy happily. 

Shownu bowed to everyone. They welcomed him whole heartedly except for one. Some even congratulated and shook hands with him. Three girls passed by Minmi, who shook hands with him giggled and she heard them with her bionic ears.

"Omo. Such a hottie."

"Cutie too..." The other one added.

"I hope he stays with us forever."

'Definitely NOT.' Minmi thought, puffing her cheeks as the last part was caught clearly by her. Kihyun then turned to the two who's silently battling with each other.

“Aren’t you two going to welcome each other?" Kihyun asked, hoping to lighten them a bit.

Minmi thought it for a while. All the incidents a while ago that this Shownu guy made her annoyed were still into her. But she thought on the other side, being rude to a co-team wouldn’t help either. She then gave up and let those what happened loose. She extended her arm, asking for a handshake.

 

"It’s okay, Kihyun. No need for a stranger to be friends with a stranger as well." Shownu said in poker face, putting his hands on his pockets instead.

 

Minmi was taken a back. Just wow. She didn't  expect that coming. This guy has the guts to tell her that. 'Fine.' She thought, turning her now hand in the side into a fist. 

"Arasseo." She scoffed and sat down at her desk, ready to forget everything what had happened. Now, she's pissed..totally pissed off in a way that she also ignored Kihyun who's trying to make it right.

"He didn’t mean it, really. Aish..mianhae, Mimi." Kihyun pleaded. 

While he turned his back, Shownu suddenly stopped in his tracks. 'Mimi. So she still uses that nickname. What a pity.' He scoffed and continued  to walk towards his workplace at the back part of the room. 

Kihyun noticed that he had to leave Minmi now. He knew that when she's mad, she’s mad. She needed time alone. He then turned to Eunji.

“Ahh..Eunji-ssi, please help me." 

"Ani.. Fix it yourself." Eunji, who was about to like Shownu too, but sadly not anymore. 

"Someone's in danger. HAHAH " Eunji laughed and more instead.

'Aish.. I need to talk to hyung later. He's going to get it. Aish, Naega michingeoyaaaa!' He said, ruffling more his now messy hair.

 

________________________________________________

 

Uh-oh. Our Hyunnie is in danger! =D 

Yay! Shownu's finally here! How about a bonus pic for his grand entrance. ㅋㅋ *throws confetti* 

 

❤